[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Powerliting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: miket4.jpg (80 KB, 450x484) Image search: [Google]
miket4.jpg
80 KB, 450x484
I want to be an elite powerlifter. I want to do it without drugs and without gear.

I want to be able to have an elite total in the 242 class without drugs.

Is that possible? My biggest powerlifting idol is Mike Tuchscherer. He has over a 2000 raw total. I like to tell myself he is all natural because i like him and want him to be. I want to be strong like him.

Right now my total is 1350 at 227 pounds. I plan on getting to 240 by the end of the year with a 1450 total.
>>
I wish I could weigh 227 pounds. After two years of lifting I'm 128 ;_;
>>
>>37823161

Its possible. Not everyone will make it, but its certainly possible to total elite without drugs (you aren't going to be matching a geared elite total with raw numbers, but they're different classifications anyway).
>>
>>37823161
How do you become a powerlifter?
Im too poor to start paying coaches
>>
>>37823196
>I wish I could weigh 227 pounds. After two years of lifting I'm 128 ;_;

How much of a caloric surplus have you eaten over those two years?
>>
>>37823196
Height?
>>
>>37823196
I went from 180-225 in the span of November 2011- August 2013

Went from a 175 bench 215 squat 225 dead to a 335 bench 465 squat 515 deadlift.

No steroids, no i have high metabolism excuses.

I ate a lot and i lifted a lot. Its really that simple. Wishing does nothing. Eat and lift.
>>
>>37823286
Programming?
>>
>>37823343
Outside of running smolov for squats i made uo my own work outs. 5x5 and 3x3 of the big three and i would throw in different things every now and then not to stall. If i felt i had done regular squat too much i would do pause or chains.

For those two years i went by feel. Just recording what i was doing and naturally progressing it.

You all make lifting too complicated. You dont need the perfect program. A special meal plan.

The stars dont need to line up perfectly. Eat a lot, have good form, work your ass off and keep adding weight to the bar
>>
>>37823278
7'8
>>
>>37823161
You need a lot of time.
>>
>>37823161
>thought that was Isley from the thumbnail
>looked at the amount of plates
>nope, definitely not him
>>
Powerlifting is all about longevity and consistancy. If you dont quit for 15years youll definitely be about as strong as mike T
>>
>>37824223
Ok
>>
>>37824132
How long
>>
>>37825071
At least 5 years of consistent powerlifting training before your potential can even be approximated.

Probably 10 years or so to get near Mike T levels.

Where I train, there are many, many VERY good powerlifters, the common thread among all of them is that they have more than 10 years of experience.
>>
>>37825086
But i'm 29. Am i too old ?
>>
would an SS approved gym get one going with powerlifting or should i find another type of gym

i have enough money for a coach - what is the best kind - i dont want a broscience trainer
>>
>>37825168
Yeah, probably, sorry.

You could absolutely become a respectable masters lifter though, just not the very peak.
>>
>>37825276
Really? Its not like i'm just starting. I have some knowledge and decent strength. At 1350 i could add 500 pounds before i'm 40
>>
>>37825476
Oh, then it's more doable, I thought you were more of a beginner than that.
>>
>>37825654
No. I started training seriously in 2011. Stopped on 2013 because *insert a million excuses here * i started training hard again in january
>>
>>37824223
Nah
>>
>>37826624
This is true though.

Only a new crop of certain American athletes, largely training themselves burn themselves out before then.
>>
>>37823196
You're literally not trying at all dumb faggot
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.