[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here ever had an injury to the tendon on the Pec Minor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: coro thi.gif (2 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
coro thi.gif
2 MB, 450x450
Has anyone here ever had an injury to the tendon on the Pec Minor that attaches to the corocoid process? I can feel when I dig deep down it is really painful there and i'm not sure exactly how to fix it.

On this photo, the red part is the corocoid process, and a tendon comes off of it onto your chest which is the pec minor. Ive never heard of a injury to it, I am not sure if its even an injury but it hurts for no reason.
>>
>>37817912
bump
>>
>>37817912
>I am not sure if its even an injury but it hurts for no reason.

This is huh wow
>>
>>37818167
well you know what i mean
>>
You're not very likely to have injured your pec minor, it's just not a muscle that's often injured. There are other muscles that attach at the coracoid process, like the short head of the biceps and coracobrachialis, but they also are not likely to have been injured.

What you injured depends on what you were doing when you got the injury. Furthermore, feeling around your shoulder is not the best way to find out what you injured, normally you would have to do some function tests. It's more likely you injured a shoulder muscle or your long head of the biceps. Either way ice and rest it.
>>
I'm recovering from one now, though it was due to a car crash (not even my fault). I've been able to do shoulder presses and shit now, but it's a painful healing process. I'd recommend going to a massage therapist if you can afford it and getting some light stretches/exercises that will speed recovery. It sounds counterintuitive, but keep that part of your body active to some extent. Leaving it to heal will ensure it never fully heals and then you'll hate yourself
>>
File: red.png (34 KB, 130x184) Image search: [Google]
red.png
34 KB, 130x184
>>37820902
It doesnt seem to be the biceps tendon, it is medial to that. It really seems to be the pec minor tendon that attaches to it. Like I can find the pain exactly on it. Right here
>>
>>37820932
are massage therapists better than chiro's?
>>
>>37821106
Chiro gave me better advice for stretching and stuff but scientifically speaking, I've heard massage is more beneficial (Especially for this injury) though both helped. Best is probably physio tho because they're all about functional recovery which is what you really want. Also, don't do dumbbell shrugs until you're well into the healing process lol
>>
>>37821101
Well ice it regardless, especially if it's recent and try not to aggravate it. If the pain persists for longer than couple of weeks then go see a PT, not a chiro and not a doctor. Chiros don't actually employ evidence based practice and most docs are shit when it comes to musculoskeletal injuries. A PT will be able to localize the point of injury and will correctly guide you to rehabbing it.
>>
>>37817912
I have pain in that area in side of shoulder and lover side neck.
Its over a month, no idea what it triggered, so I already visited orthopedist - got some spray with indometacine and tabs with diclinofenacum+misoprostolum (though side effect for this are tldr so I will wait a few day to swallov them).
Plus physiotherapy - doc there told me I have forward head posture and slight scoliosis and stiff traps, so in next two weeks electrotherapy, ultrasound, bio lamp and some exercises.
If it won't help, then I go to RTG and back to orthopedist.

Sometimes its nice to live in poor easteuroshithole with (almost) free healthcare.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.