[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't a2g squat with no weight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: SquatsAreMemes.jpg (23 KB, 390x287) Image search: [Google]
SquatsAreMemes.jpg
23 KB, 390x287
Like title. I'm trying to improve my squat form but can't just do the squats at a lower weight, as I simply don't have the balance/flexibility to reach the ground even with no weight. Squatting 165 with average form.
>>
Why tho?

far below parallel squats are entirely useless unless you're into Olympic lifting.
>>
>>37815160
How to spot a DYEL: the post
>>
>>37815271
How to spot a DYEL: the post - 2
>>
>>37815271
Explain

For what reason would I ever need to touch my calves with my ass on a squat?
>>
>>37815316
what's really important is to go significantly below parallel until the natural human squatting position
>>
>>37815126
So what OP? Hold a small dumbbell in front of you and get to it.
>>
File: 56AMwBv.png (49 KB, 451x485) Image search: [Google]
56AMwBv.png
49 KB, 451x485
>>37815126

Try 3rd world squatting. Work on it until you develop the ankle flexibility to actually do it (just sit there in your room with your knees in your armpits and read a book).

Turn your toes outward.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPo5gpVrA9E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8
>>
>>37815388
Why?

Why would I ever need this? Squats are for training quads, I got deadlifts and glute/ham raises for hamstrings and glutes
>>
>>37815126
You need to add weight to your squat to make it past parallel, start at least at a 1pl8
>>
>>37815126
Going to just slightly below parallel is fine.
>>
>>37815126
Something is wrong with your foot placement if you can't assume natural human squatting position weightless
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.