[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you still gain muscle if you workout without a routine? i.e,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 7Rd0hgb.jpg (226 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
7Rd0hgb.jpg
226 KB, 1080x1349
Can you still gain muscle if you workout without a routine? i.e, you just lift freely without a routine until you feel like enough is enough with a rough estimation of how many you done
>>
Yes, it's harder to monitor your progress tho
>>
Your muscles will be able to tell that you have no idea what you're doing and will refuse to grow.
>>
>>37797586
that's BS. All you have to do is whisper "grow, grow, grow" in your sleep and you will become bigger
>>
just get a routine from internet, faggot
>>
>>37797586
>>37797605
Nah, you gotta confuse the muscles
>>
This is a good way to get bored and quit.
>>
>>37797543
Of course you can. Its just a pain to monitor progress, and also really ineffective, so most people who want results don't do it. If you're trying to get an unmotivated person to just do *something*, or have a day where you have nothing planned and juf fuck around at the gym, it can be fun though.
>>
>>37797543
yeah I do this...all I care about is doing more reps or upping the weight. I just do what I feel like doing...whatever
>>
>>37797543
No. If its not written down on a notepad or referenced online, your routine will not spur any muscle growth

It has to be fitness trainer approved and certified u fuckin dummy
>>
File: MoonBoot.jpg (24 KB, 238x273) Image search: [Google]
MoonBoot.jpg
24 KB, 238x273
>>37797543
WHAT ARE THOSE?!
>>
>>37797543

Hi op

I've done this for the past 2 years. While I'm certainly not as hooge or jucy as I otherwise could be, it's very fun. I follow a loose pattern, but am not strict with the exercises. I generally remember the last weight i did for most exercises and shoot for 12+ sets each big body part per workout, and however many I feel for isolations.

I don't exercise totally aimlessly, I just don't have specific order to my exercises or specific exercises or weights. I make it difficult and generally progress quite slowly.
>>
>>37798306
She's obviously going snowboarding, duh
>>
File: TutentrainesauHASARD.jpg (30 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
TutentrainesauHASARD.jpg
30 KB, 480x480
>>37797543
No you can't train randomly and gain muscles, you have to cycle + follow your progress (and your nutrition)
>>
File: 18zxw7c0jd2upjpg.jpg (27 KB, 636x271) Image search: [Google]
18zxw7c0jd2upjpg.jpg
27 KB, 636x271
>>37797543
who girl on left
>>
>>37799294
i mean right. My right their left
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.