[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /fit/ do their barbell rows? Do you start from the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 295x171) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 295x171
How does /fit/ do their barbell rows?

Do you start from the floor each time or go from knee height?
>>
>>37797033
Knee-height around 15-20° away from paralell with the ground.
Pendlay a shit.
>>
>>37797033

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pDYmUFybsA

I do them exactly like Ronnie Coleman but with less bouncing and far less weights. Ronnie Works his way up to 5pl8s. I use 2pl8 on my last set.

vid related
>>
from knee height and pull diagonally into your hips

this gives the best lat activation
>>
Is it ok to sub rows for pull ups?
>>
Hook grip, lowering the weight to below knee and row into abdomen with a little body english. Around 45 degree angle. Rinse repeat
>>
>>37797266
yes
rowing has shitty lat ROM
just do more vertical pulls and add shit for your traps/rhomboids etc
>>
>>37797277
>>37797266
This.
I started doing 3xF chinups instead of rows because rows didnt do shit and I couldn't progress
>>
>>37797277
Do kroc rows work traps as well?
>>
Pendlay Rows.

I used to do the bodybuilding/Dorian Yates way of doing Barbell Rows, but I switched to Pendlay Rows and never looked back.
>>
File: high row.png (353 KB, 582x351) Image search: [Google]
high row.png
353 KB, 582x351
>>37797814
yeah to a certain degree
if you really want to isolate the upper back i can suggest high row (at least chest hight)
the chest supported machine variant is great

this takes the lats out of the equation which get hit better by vertical pulls anyway
>>
reminder that rows are steroid propaganda
>>
>>37797213
Even crossfitters would be ashamed of that kipping
>>
>How does /fit/ do their barbell rows?

I don't.

Weighted Chin-Ups + Push-Press + Barbell Shrugs + Deadlifts

Literally no point in Rowing when I'm already doing those 4 exercise multiple times a week.
>>
>>37797894
>elbows out bar up to chest height
isn't that just a row that hits rear delts??
>>
>>37798015

Jesus fucking christ.....
>>
>>37798015
rear delt rows are performed with a wider grip, but it is almost the same shit. Mstill targets primarily traps and rhomboids.

Personally i never felt rows in my lats until i watched this.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rNjwZ1fxtCQ
>>
>>37797987
>he thinks push press significantly workspulling muscles
Literally less than bench press.
>>
Do dumbbell/barbell seal rows, look it up. Regular dumbbell rows are fine though, but barbell rows are they biggest meme ever.
>>
>>37798366
I don't think you understand what a Push Press actually does.
>>
>>37797213
I hope you're on as much gear as Coleman, because you're not going to get hardly shit out of ego lifting it like that when you could do a real floor pull.
>>
File: 1435632213460.jpg (69 KB, 438x503) Image search: [Google]
1435632213460.jpg
69 KB, 438x503
>>37797946
>muh squatz n oatz
Pull ups and rows are fine.
>>
File: 1447283332748.png (6 KB, 448x357) Image search: [Google]
1447283332748.png
6 KB, 448x357
>>37797213
>rowing 5pl8 for volume

Legend.
>>
>>37797213

follow the advice of the guy that has had countless surgeries and fucked himself up for life
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.