[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
unflavoured protein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: il_570xN.417051218_daex[1].jpg (82 KB, 570x724) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.417051218_daex[1].jpg
82 KB, 570x724
>buying unflavoured whey protein

why would someone do this?
is it some Luddite thing where they're trying to reject the modern world for a simpler life?

seems to be quite common?

are people so poor that they're willing to eschew flavour to save a couple of euros/dollars/pounds(lol sterling is fucked)?
>>
it's just a white people thing. they like flavourless food so they prefer unflavoured protein.
>>
>>37788528
Because i can add my own cocoa powder and sweetener

Unflavored whey can be used to spike food and raise its protein content without really changing the taste or texture
>>
>>37788545
I like the implication that 99% of modern culinary culture isnt from white people.

Julia childs, jacques pepin, emeril lagazzi, anthony bourdaine, andrew zimmern, bobby flay, rachel ray, giada lorentis (or whatever her name is) and all the other cooking icons are all super not white.
>>
>>37788528
Dude, unflavored whey from myprotein is the best, also sage
>>
>>37788608
why sage?

I was thinking of buying some from myprotein as the unflavoured seems to be popular..... do you just mix it with water? do you add sugar? nesquick?

usually i buy chocolate smooth and have it with water
>>
>>37788582
>he doesn't know that Giada De Laurentiis is the granddaughter of legendary Dino De Laurentiis

KEK
E
K

also, why are some people so bad with names? Names are easy as fuck to remember. Every time I read "Jamie or Cercie Lannister" or "Skyler White" I cringe.
>>
>>37788649
you can mix with water, milk, almond milk etc
No bloating, no farts, no aftertaste.
Buy two bags of 4 kilos, they gonna give you free glutamine and a shaker, free shipping.
Do it faggot
>>
>>37788582
>lagazzi

wew, you turned him from french into italian. goob job champ.
>>
>>37788582
Modern culinary culture is gentrification.
>>
I buy unflavoured because I buy whey in bulk. Having 5kg of whey that's the same fucking chocolate or vanilla flavour gets old fast. At least with unflavoured I can add it to something else like berries or whatever and I'll be eating Berry sludge, instead of chocolate berry sludge.
>>
>>37788545
What? Im not even white nd I buy unflavored protein. The artifical sweeteners are fucking disgusting me right now idk why. Maybe it's the brand I'm getting idk
>>
I absolutely hate the taste of the articifical sweeteners.

At least with unflavoured whey I know what I'm getting. Unflavoured whey actually has a different texture, it feels more pure, and it just tastes like milk.

The flavoured ones end up with a chemical taste and slightly odd texture.
>>
It tastes like absolute shit but once you get used to it it's basically a thicker version of milk which makes your breath stink. I fell for the "buy unflavored so you can make a gazillion flavors urself" meme so I need to ask all you guys:
>>37788649
>>37788555
>>37788528
>>37788704
>>37788919

How the fuck can you mix it with anything? Mine just doesn't homogenise and leaves whatever flavoring I add sticking to the shaker walls/floating at the top. Tried:
>cocoa
And it floated

>vanilla essence
SUCKED, either unnoticeable or repugnant, based on amount

>cinnamon
Floated and made me gag. Think cinnamon challenge sort of gagging.
>>
>>37788723
..emeril is italian, bro
>>
>>37789221
Well i put it in a shaker cup.

So if it floats, i just shake it
>>
>>37789365
It still separates afterwards
>>
myprotein mocha flavour is fucking GOAT
>>
>>37788758
>>37788919

where do you guys get unflavored?
>>
>>37789389
Shake it again.
Shake it harder in the first place.
Drink it faster.

10000% non issue
>>
>>37789354
what makes you think that?
>>
>take peaprotein
>tastes like peasoup
>could gladly eat bowls of it when it's mixed with hot water
>have to use it sparingly as not to consume it all at once
it's also great for cooking. Gives a good base flavor.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.