[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I make a confession? That 'workout high' people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Exhausted.Cartoon.1.jpg (14 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
Exhausted.Cartoon.1.jpg
14 KB, 255x198
Can I make a confession?

That 'workout high' people keep talking about? I don't feel it.

I've been lifting for a year now, under the supervision of a personal trainer. I see results, I do feel that I look visibly more toned than before, and this combined with sensible eating has allowed me to lose 20 lbs. It's great, I'm very happy for that, and people comment on the fact that I look slimmer than before. If I flex an arm or a leg, SOMETHING happens now, instead of sweet fuck-all.

Still... working out feels like a self-imposed torture to me. I don't get this dopamine rush of having conquered a challenge. When I'm done lifting, I don't feel powered up; I feel physically destroyed, exhausted, and all I want to do is just collapse in my bed and sleep. Apparently there are people who feel shitty after they haven't worked out for two days. I feel shitty after I've worked out. Just mustering the will to go up to the gym is a challenge of its own, and I dread every time I go and put myself through the ringer like this.

Anybody else feel the same way?
>>
>>37785742
Yeah, I feel the same way. I've gotten the hit a couple of times but otherwise, it just feels like I'm killing myself for nothing three times a week and losing three free nights.

My gym membership runs out in a week and I'm seriously considering just dropping it. It's like wow, I can squat a lot more than I could before but I'm not sure to what end.
>>
The high comes from cardio. You won't get it from lifting alone, especially if your body has piss poor circulation.
>>
>>37785742
>that image
>personal trainer
>'toned'
>20 lbs in a year

do you read fitness magazines aswell?
>>
>>37785848
Instead of taking the piss, why not offer some advice. I'm not the OP but I'm having a similar experience. Except for the weight loss, I'd rather build muscle.
>>
Maybe you push yourself too hard?
>>
>>37785903
Hate to say it, OP, but lifting might not be for you. I get the high every session I hit a PR and the lifting itself is one of the activities in life I enjoy most.

Find a hobby that satisfies you the same way.
>>
>>37785742

The high comes from cardio and your body releasing its natural canabanoids (or however the fuck you spell it). Start jogging and push yourself
>>
>>37785742
Everyone below this post is getting trolled

Don't fall for the bait thread summerfags
>>
>>37785742
you sound like you have problems with diet
>>37785758
> It's like wow, I can squat a lot more than I could before but I'm not sure to what end.
If you achieved your goal you can reduce workout count and do 1 or 2 full-body workouts a week. Or you can pick actual sport
Personally I want to achieve 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5 and after it have one full body workout in week to maintain strength gains and one cardio workout(swimming or running) to maintain cardiovascular health
>>
>>37785742
>>37785758
Try doing very intense cardio, that should get you there after a nice workout.
>>
>>37785964
Are you me? I also plan to plateau, at 1/1.5/2/2.5x bodyweight.
>>
>>37785742
the people who say that are normies who read a headline and start feeling the placebo effect

runner's high exists. but a lifting high does not
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.