[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadlifts all ass?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 101024DANCING_BABY.gif (303 KB, 200x230) Image search: [Google]
101024DANCING_BABY.gif
303 KB, 200x230
Hello friends.

Why does my ass get so sore while doing deadlifts? I don't feel it in my hamstrings, quads, lower back (except for the first few warm up reps and never while going heavy), or traps. The next day my traps and hamstrings are generally the most sore, with no soreness in my lower back area.

What is the dealio, as my friends whose lives matter would say?
>>
Your ass gets sore because you are using your ass muscles.
>>
>>37783400
That just means your form is good. Most people don't utilize their glutes properly during their deadlifts.
>>
>>37783400
It's just doms. It'll go away. You probably already stopped getting doms in your back from squatting.
>>
>>37783474

It's not delayed at all. It's immediate butt pain. Not stabbing or anything, more like I slipped on a banana peel and landed straight on my behind.
>>
>>37783486
>The next day my traps and hamstrings are generally the most sore, with no soreness in my lower back area.
>>
>>37783521
He's talking about during the deadlift and immediately after, learn to fucking read
>>
>>37783521

But my glutes are almost never sore, which is what I don't get. My hamstring and traps are not sore right after the lift, but are sore the next day. That I understand. But why is my ass sore right after and never sore the next day?
>>
>>37783532
Your ass is basically made of smaller muscles, you store less glycogen in them, so you have less 'energy' available in them and they tire first. Probably. What do I know, I'm not a doctor
>>
>>37783532
Then you just have weak glutes. They are struggling to keep up. If it's real bad you might have to lower the weight until they catch up but generally as long as your form is good it'll work itself out.
>>
>>37783400
Let's get a form check. Is near the top of your butt, middle?
>>37783553
>Your ass is basically made of smaller muscles
>The gluteus maximus is the biggest muscle in the human body
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.