[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How "bad" would it be to only do >squats >ohp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1376486435064.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1376486435064.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
How "bad" would it be to only do
>squats
>ohp
>deadlift
3x a week?
5x5 rep range, 1x5 for dl
>>
No chest or arms
>>
>>37776160
>>37776160
I do feel my arms pretty heavily after doing heavy OHP sets though
>>
You will be fine that is literally all i do bench is literally the shittiest compound for strength
>>
>>37776121
I am going to talk about something I don't know here.

Last year I did SS. It was okay. I got tonnes of compliments on my as. Would have been fine if I was a girl, or /trap/mode.

What I've read on /fit/ is that you want to do the accessories that are mentioned in the SS book. fitsticky.com has an explanation of it. I have literally only skimmed over it. I will start reading the book tonight (or so I tell myself).

What I've picked up from the last time I did SS is that it's only a novice program, you don't want to do it for more than half a year.

I hope you /make it/; we all deserve to.
>>
>>37776121
youll get stronger in those lifts, have big legs, and maybe some decent shoulders. not much else. if thats what you want, go for it
>>
>>37777975
SS is for strength bud.
>>
>>37776566
>literally
Is that literally true, anon?
>>
>>37778101
He also shitposts on 4chan.
>>
>>37776121
tactical barbell?
>>
>>37778040
Do the additional exercises go over in Olympic lifts?
>>
Throw in some pull ups anon
>>
You'd have a fucked up build due to no chest from lack of bench, no lats or traps to even out the delts, and large triceps that are out of balance with your bis.

You also would hit stalls on the OHP much earlier due to slower triceps development and lack of agonist support muscles to control the negative rep and support the positive.

Just don't do it
>>
Do chin ups and bench too
>>
>>37776181
biceps and tris? you're feeling your shoulders
>>
>>37776121
Add bench and rows. Also dumbell bench and ohp.
>>
>>37776121
please don't do what I did and spend a long time not doing any arm movements (curls/etc)

my pushing and pulling is lagging now because my arms are weaker than they should be

plus you gotta get them bis for the guys knowwhatimsayin
>>
File: blaha.png (546 KB, 960x536) Image search: [Google]
blaha.png
546 KB, 960x536
>>37776121
depends if you consider looking like this as "bad" or not.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.