[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You ever worry you will never find happiness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: .jpg (57 KB, 634x456) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
57 KB, 634x456
You ever worry you will never find happiness?
>>
I have a second date with a colombian qt tomorrow, this is pretty much my last chance at it
>>
Worry?
Nah.
I already know
>>
>>37768349
You can't find happiness, it's not somewhere out there
You're happy with what you have now, or you're not
>>
>>37768349
>live with gf
>enjoy my job
Doing uni by distance sucks but 2/3 ain't bad.
>>
>>37768349

Happiness is a fleeting feeling, life is mostly horrible.
>>
>graduate in 2 semesters
>math degree
>any job I want
>300k starting

I am not worried at all OP
>>
If I was meant to be happy, I wouldn't have had to work this hard just to get to the barely tolerable level of unhappiness I'm at now. This is as good as it will get, but I'll keep improving because the work is a distraction
>>
>>37768365
women can't make you happy long-term you retard, don't even fall into that mindset

to answer your question, OP, sometimes I do worry--and it's because of what >>37768391
said. I'm depressed to the point where I don't even remember what it feels like to be content, but I'm trying to fix that. I feel like I'm making progress, but sometimes it just hits out of buttfuck-nowhere and I feel like I'm back at square 1. but I keep pushing myself.

sometimes I do worry, but I know it's in my control, and that calms me enough to keep working at it.
>>
Why pursue happiness when I can be lonely and muscular?

I've embraced depression and emptiness as my only friends.
>>
>>37768349
after my girlfriend of 4.5 years left me, and
after my wife of 4 years (relationship of 5 years) left me,
at 33 years of age,
yes, i do feel that way pretty much every morning i wake up

but that just makes me want to train harder, because i hate myself. destroying muscle fibers just happens to be a productive activity
>>
>>37768684
>300k starting

Lol
>>
>>37768684
Thanks for the kek, I haven't seen this pasta in a while.

Here's a (You)
>>
File: 1440460134913.jpg (60 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1440460134913.jpg
60 KB, 400x400
>>37768684
you may not be worried, bro, but i am worried for you
>>
>>37768739
>>37768726
>being this new
>>
>>37768739
>not shitposting on /sci/
never gonna make it
>>
>>37768349
No, it's not really something I expect to happen
>>
File: 1462031273115.jpg (38 KB, 720x526) Image search: [Google]
1462031273115.jpg
38 KB, 720x526
>>37768684
>graduated 3 semesters ago
>math degree
>no gf
>no friends
>no happiness in sight
>>
>>37768855
You didn't know what you wanted so you just took bullshit electives aimed for teachers when you had no intention of going in that direction.
>>
>>37768891
pretty sure teachers don't need to learn pdes or complex analysis you fucking underage
>>
>>37768855

Happiness is a meme thrust upon us by the Consumerism-Industrial Complex.

Reality is much more enlightening.
>>
File: 1445534021052.jpg (28 KB, 474x480) Image search: [Google]
1445534021052.jpg
28 KB, 474x480
>>37768349
Find happiness? No
Make my happiness yes, the world is a cruel place and gives fuck all if you're happy if you want to be happy you have to go out and make it for yourself. Nobody will go out of their way just to make you happy if you're male like 98% of this board is therefore we can't still around and complain about being unhappy in some vain attempt to try and court it.
>>
I'm considering getting into chemical engineering. Is it a good and stable career? Will I make money? What kind of tasks within a company would I have? Be nice if anyone who knows can help me out.
>>
>>37768929
I took pdes too. Maybe you just didn't apply yourself?
>>
>>37768891
>You didn't know what you wanted so you just took bullshit electives aimed for teachers when you had no intention of going in that direction.
No idea what you're on about, maybe because I'm not american? I love math. But at the end of the day I'm still working for nothing. I have money in the bank and no idea what to do with it. I like my work because it's the only time I can pretend like I actually have any purpose at all.
>>
>>37768954
Yes, essentially, but you can't just sit on your ass an expect a payout.

Learn your shit, and most importantly, while a student, become a lab worker.
Pour some test tubes. Get lab experience.

Then when you graduate you have
1) Lab experience
2) Connections to people

Most of the chem/bio graduates I know got jobs through the people they met during undergrad student jobs.

Also, as this is /fit/, maintain your form preferentially over increased weight.
>>
File: 1449349926087.gif (2 MB, 320x297) Image search: [Google]
1449349926087.gif
2 MB, 320x297
>>37768708
Press on, anon! I believe in you.
>>
stop trying to find happiness

you need to be happy with yourself or you will always be sad.
>>
>>37769076
Thanks. In aware I need professional connections. The study would be an integrated five year masters degree and not a separate bachelor or undergrad degree. I love chemistry but want to use it in an engineering instance.

And it's really interesting you mention that because lately I've been pushing my 1RM on all lifts and I may be sacrificing my form too much.
>>
>>37769114
How do you become happy with yourself? How will I know?
>>
>>37768676
I used to think that, but now i can be happy 95 per cent of the time with right mindset. I don't pretend to know your circumstances tho
>>
Not happy with self image
Cant be happy with self image because fat
Fat because unhappy
>the ride never ends

For real I think I'll make it there eventually. It's like a relay race, eventually theres a finish line and then you get to celebrate once you cross that line.
>r-right?
>>
>>37769174

people think they need a girl to be happy, they dont

be happy with what you see in the mirror: for me, I did that with fitness. if you like what you see, that confidence will help you in all parts of your life.

but if you arent happy with yourself, noone else will change that.
>>
>>37769196
>>37769196
lose the weight then bro/broette, it's hard for first few months, but you can do it
>>
>>37768722

iktfb.

its something to put effort into, and pushing yourself hurts but it feels good in a way.

the iron path is never over
>>
>>37768722
shouldn't have let them meet
>>
>>37768378
/thread
>>
>>37768378
This desu.

I'm old enough to see that it isn't even going that direction for years. IMHO the biggest problem is that nothing makes me happy.
>>
>>37768349
There is no happiness, there is only purpose and the degree to which you fulfill it.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.