[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No noob gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: aids.jpg (17 KB, 251x400) Image search: [Google]
aids.jpg
17 KB, 251x400
Can someone just NOT have noob gains?

I mean, I started lifting almost 5 months ago (SL-SS), and while I saw some aesthetic gain, my progress has been so fucking slow.
It wasnt my first time lifting, some years ago I some dumb program by a pt in my gym and kept at it for a few months, but I didnt put in much effort

I was under the impression the first 6 months were the period where a novice lifter can have the MOST and quickest progress, but that hasn't been the case for me
Except for the beginning, I was NEVER able to increase weight on a lift twice in a row, staying on it from 2 to 5 times. Always

I'm 6'1'', 182lbs.
I've eaten 2900-3100 cals for 4 months and it gave me nothing but disgusting belly fat.
Was I just delt a shit hand from the genetic lottery? What the fuck
>>
>>37762429
You still aren't lifting right. My first six months my form was fucking garbage and i was ego lifting baby weight.

You have to put in hard work to get anything out. Deload, get your form in check and then do a linear progression where you overload

But either you are going to enjoy the journey or give up. If you aren't ready to lift for years and sweat and hurt then give up now and stay the fuck out of my gym
>>
probably the form thing
I know that I couldnt regularly add weight either until I figured out the form thing

its really hard when youre lifting alone and have noone to look at your form
I had my mom film me squatting once how embarrassing
>>
>>37762429
Ur doing something wrong and need to revise your system. You should have seen at least some gains in the first few weeks.
>>
Please stop posting this image it pisses me off
>>
File: aids.png (8 KB, 373x161) Image search: [Google]
aids.png
8 KB, 373x161
>>37762478
I realized that I should have deloaded way more than I did.
Just hitting my head against a wall with a 70kg bp, trying every week isnt helping, much better to go back at like 55 and work my way back with some AMRAP, which is what I finally decided to do.
>do a linear progression where you overload
I'm doing pic related, modified SS, trappy-approved

The 2 lifts I'm happy about are squats and diddies.
I had to learn how to do squats 1 month ago, since I was finally able to squat not in a smith machine (changed to a decent gym

I am really cautious about form, I doubt that is the problem. Probably my bad deload policy is

>>37762494
I my deadlift form video'd several times, it's ok, I wanna ask someone to tape my squat next time, but I'm sure it's ok, really worked on my mobility.
Bench, press and rows are the worst ones, but form is ok with those
>>
>>37762429
first it's all relative. second you're probably overreaching like anons said and ego lifting and or suboptimal form. i'm not assuming your an asshole. i'm just assuming like every other guy just like myself. third it takes a lot of time.
>>
>>37762553
>every one is saying it's your form
>you say it's not your form
Pick one
>>
>>37763360
I decided it's a mixture of me not deloading when I should have, hitting my head on a wall, with the help of spotters, even with good form, but giving me the illusion I was progressing AND me being generally a weak/hardgainer type of person.
My plan now is: deloading with amrap third or even second set and NO spotter no matter hwat.

I was being a bit too negative, a had some good visual gains, one thing is for sure, I'm not bulking anymore, I'll just eat a bit above maintenance but nothing that makes me gain weight, just enough to have energy and feed my body
>>
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/non-responders
>>
>tfw I had some gains after my first week
>there are people with no gains after months

Hahahahaha
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.