[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Estrogen in foods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: hormones.jpg (63 KB, 500x593) Image search: [Google]
hormones.jpg
63 KB, 500x593
So all this time I've been avoiding soy based foods. I thought that it was mostly broscience but it couldn't hurt to skip it.

I also hear similar things about dairy and meat. Again I assumed it was broscience but continued to drink tons of milk and eat lots of cheap frozen chicken, as they're cheap and tasty and full of protein. Then I found this study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

>After the intake of cow milk, serum estrone (E1) and progesterone concentrations significantly increased, and serum luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and testosterone significantly decreased in men. Urine concentrations of E1, estradiol, estriol and pregnanediol significantly increased in all adults and children

Did Rippetoe trick us?
>>
>>37759167

Rippletits wants you to become a trap so you can cuddle with him.

But seriously, since you just skipped soy because there's one study saying it increases oestrogen and 100 saying it doesn't makes you a moron already. This is just underlined by the fact you can't even google for your second concern either. Not researchign yourself, never gonna make it.

1/10 for making me reply.
>>
I for the life of me can't find chicken anywhere that isn't from test tube caged chemical conditions. And I live in a country that's main income comes from farming.

At the same time I consume 7+ chicken breasts a week and realise it's not feasible to expect these chickens to be raised in a natural environment
>>
If you want to avoid these hormones your best course of sction would be to go vegan.

The estrogens in soy are plant based and studies suggest these can not be absorbed by the body, still avoiding soy is not bad.

Animal products are filled with crap and avoiding them will be very beneficial to your long term health.
>>
>>37759198
I skipped soy because it couldn't hurt, I don't need to eat it.
I did google the second concern, that's how I found that study among others.

I thought we could have some sort of discussion about this as it's pretty /fit/ related but apparently not. Sorry for wasting your time though
>>
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22192179

Abstract
Recently, many studies have investigated potential estrogenic compounds in the human diet. Several of these investigations have studied cow milk, a mainstay of the diets of both young and old. In vitro studies have determined that estrogens can be found in milk, and that the concentration of estrogen may be correlated to the fat content in the milk. Regardless, the majority of these studies have concluded that the levels of estrogens in milk are too low to have a physiological effect. However, a recent study found that commercial 1% cow milk was uterotrophic in rats, suggesting that it contained biologically significant levels of estrogen. Using the rat model, we tested milk samples from commercial sources and with varying fat content for estrogenic activity. Ovariectomized female rats were given milk ad libitum for a period of 2 wk. After 12 d of treatment, rats were tested sequentially in an open field and an elevated plus maze to determine any effect of milk on anxiety levels. Upon completion of the behavior testing, uterine weights were examined. Regardless of milk type, no difference was observed in daily volume of milk consumed. Contrary to previous publications, no differences existed in either the behavior or the uterine weights between animals that consumed any milk type and the negative controls. These results demonstrated that none of the commercial milk types that we tested contained biologically significant estrogenic activity.
>>
>>37759334
>coming to /fit/ for advice on a phenomenon scientists are still trying to figure out

Do you see the problem here?
>>
Yes it is well known that milk gives you bitch tits and raises estrogen.

I thought this was common knowledge. It is scientifically proven.
>>
>>37759198
>Nu males eat tons of soy, as they are vegan and vegetarian
>Every single one of them looks like an effeminate faggot
Yea no relation I'm sure
>>
>>37759428
Nice reasoning
Manly people smoke and drink a lot, doesn't make it good for their hormones
>>
>no milk
rip gomad? and whey
>>
>>37759428
>correlation does not imply causation
They could just be vegan because they look like that.
>>
>>37759428
That's because they don't want to make it. They're fine with being twiggy fags

And soy is awesome don't talk shit about soy
>>
>>37759449
Whey is fine. These hormones are found in the fat
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.