[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fucking shit, i never knew how hard squats and deadlifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: swet.png (83 KB, 260x246) Image search: [Google]
swet.png
83 KB, 260x246
Holy fucking shit, i never knew how hard squats and deadlifts actually were.

I did SL for 3 months and skipped on those because i was a huge faggot/scared of reaching T-rex mode, since i'm a skinnyfat with twig arms and my fat distribution goes mostly on my hips and thighs. I've built a slightly better upper body, and now i want to get rid of my flabby legs.

So, i've got a few questions for you, /fit/:

- I'm a poorfag who lifts at home, i don't have a squat rack, i've been doing Zercher squats instead. Are those a good replacement for regular squats?
- I've replaced OHP with dumbbell shoulder presses, because i injured my clavicle as a kid and i have shoulder imbalances. Should i work these at a 5x5 fashion, or 3x8-12? Should i also incorporate lateral raises somehow, to compensate the lack of OHP?
- I used to do dips and chin ups before, but now that i've added squats and deadlifts back in, i'm usually tired as fuck for after my final compound. How/when should i add them back?
- SL tells you to perform barbell rows, but after i reached a certain weight, it hurts my lower back and no form fix solved that problem. Any substitutes for this lift?

I posted this on QTDDTOT but that thing is dead.
>>
>>37754682
Literally a wall of excuses

>its like he doesnt even WANT to make it
>>
>>37754682
If you're too tired after the big lifts maybe you need to go down in volume and do 3x5 instead or something.

Do dumbbell rows instead so you can have a bench as support. If you've got heavy enough dumbbells that is.
>>
>>37754754
>wall of excuses

dude wat
>>
>>37754682
With your clavicle/shoulder problems may not work for you, but I did front squats when I didn't have a bench/rack. Caveat being you can't squat more than you can power clean, but you should be able to power clean a good amount anyway unless you're a pussy.
>>
>>37755348
>doesn't squat because t rex mode
>too poor for gym
>doesn't OHP because of decades old injury
>"too tired" to do dips or chins
>doesn't wanna row because of undoubtedly bad form

Go to a real gym. If you're a poor fag, make more money. There are loads of gyms that are like 10 fucking dollars a month.

No, Zerchers are not a replacement for back squats. You would be better off cleaning the bar and doing front squats.

Try to do OHP. If you absolutely can't, do dumbbell presses. The rep range hardly matters. Just progress on the lift.

Do your fucking dips and chins you lazy faggot.

Learn how to row properly. If it "hurts" your lower back, you're doing it wrong. Alternatively, do dumbbell row.
>>
>>37755420
"poor" is actually a cope-out for "not interested in joining a commercial gym".

I'll take a look at front squats.

OHP really fucks up my left shoulder after a certain weight, because my injury made one shoulder a bit higher than the other. Therefore, lifting a barbell overhead throws all the load into my right shoulder, giving me pain/improving my imbalances.

I never said i wanted to stop doing chins and dips. I just asked for a proper way to integrate these, considering how squats and deadlifts killed me (but i guess next week i'll just deal with it, i literally never trained legs and today i got hammered doing them).

I'll try and look at barbell rows again.
>>
Famalam, if you are a home workout guy, look at scooby's home workout routines. Pretty good stuff there desu, especially when combined with calisthenics. Also do some cardio as well.
>>
>>37755636
I did checked out his pull ups/chin ups thing, really helpful. Not so keen on replacing bench press for push ups as he advocates, though.
>>
>>37755458
You want advice but refuse to go to a gym because you look shit. Stop handicapping yourself and gets gym membership. Till then fuck off. We all did it at one point.
>>
File: 1327449085204.jpg (240 KB, 627x704) Image search: [Google]
1327449085204.jpg
240 KB, 627x704
>>37755820
All right, i'll explain it even further.

I live in a third world country, and to make things worse, i live in a small town with a small-average population count (~100k people). Moving out to a bigger city is out of the picture, since the bigger cities are far more expensive to live in, and crime rates are through the fucking roof (the interior is safe).

It takes exactly 28 minutes to reach the nearest gym, because i do not own a car. There would be no point into purchasing and maintaing a car since i work at home. Literally every single gym around here is packed with machines and lacks barbell equipment. At best, some of them have some bench stations, and that's it.

So i have three choices. Either i don't do jack shit and remain fat; i lift at my own place with very minor limitations (only one being no squat rack, so i must do zercher or front squats), or i spend over fourty minutes translocating myself to perform a machine workout with some bench pressing on the side.

When did i ever mentioned or implied that i refused to join commercial gyms because of my looks? Fucking /fit/, i swear.
>>
>>37755939
Buy a rack you poor, undisciplined whiner. Or learn to bail a squat without one. You do shit correctly and you don't even have to worry about bailing a squat. Bench is another matter though.
>>
>>37755939
>I live in a third world country

nonwhites never gonna make it brehs

I bet you can't even afford protein
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.