[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should my routine be to escape /skeleton/ mode? Also skelly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: pls god no.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
pls god no.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
What should my routine be to escape /skeleton/ mode?
Also skelly general
pic related me
>>
>>37750013
6'1 63kg
>>
>>37750013
suck dick and swallow semen to failure, or just read the fucking sticky
>>
>>37750013
SS + GOMAD for 6 weeks. Then half a gallon.
I'm not even memeing you, that's what I did. I was 5'11'' 58kg. 79kg now.
>>
>>37750141
>SS + GOMAD
But do you look like a blob from the gallon of milk per day?
>>
>>37750198

Yes his gut would look disgusting and he would be flabby everywhere
>>
File: obama kennedy.jpg (29 KB, 327x395) Image search: [Google]
obama kennedy.jpg
29 KB, 327x395
>>37750013
>skelly general
>be skelly
>layers upon layers of fat covering my abs

fucking fat distribution
>>
File: cringe3.jpg (29 KB, 431x519) Image search: [Google]
cringe3.jpg
29 KB, 431x519
>mfw someone suggests GOMAD
>>
I know what it is.

You need more training, more weight and more food.

Guaranteed.
>>
File: GOMAD.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
GOMAD.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>37750254

>bulk on GOMAD

t. these guys
>>
>>37750225
well what the fuck do you do as a skinny beginner?
I did SS for 2 months and didn't see any progress/fabled beginner gains. I think I went from 155-160lbs at 5'11 and only put like 20-30lbs on my lifts.
>>
>>37750013
PPL to look good.
SS to be fat.
>>
>>37750441

Eat 300-500 above maint
Hit your protein goals

Growing as a skelly is harder than being skinnyfat/fat and going down, so when you see those guys looking great after 6 months, know that isn't realistic for you.
>>
The routine doesn't really matter. You could do any number of them.

What is most important is eating more food than you're used to. I'm not gonna lie and say it'll be easy, you'll have to eat more food than you are used to. It may be difficult but you will adapt.

Good luck
>>
>>37750465
So SS is not a meme? I'll admit that I definitely did not usually hit my calorie goals even after drinking a litre of milk a day, shoveling that much food in your face is so hard without resorting to junk.

It looks like homie >>37750442
is suggesting something along the lines of https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
>>
>>37750504

I was a skelly at first, believe me it takes a while until you can eat big enough, gotta get used to it, I went a few months feeling bloated because i'd stuff myself. White bread/cereal is helpful
>>
>>37750228
Do you even spot reduce?
>>
>>37750533
Did it end up making you fat or toned?
I'm worried that my gains on SS, if they do come, are not going to be aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>37750504
I think PPL is just better. A lot of kids come on here wanting to look good and not be super strong. Suggesting that they do SS, or any strength routine that is not in line with their goals, is silly. PPL will get them there faster. I think the linear progression PPL from Reddit, with a few intelligent modifications, is great for that.
>>
>>37750552

I didn't do SS. So can't help you there.
>>
>>37750575
>intelligent modifications
such as?
>>
>>37750695
Pull day modifications
Change the autistic 5x15-20 face pulls to 3x8-12 face pulls. 15-20 is endurance range and won't do much. 5 sets of that is retarded.
I moved hammer curls to the second to last workout at 3x8-12. The reason why is because hammer curls engage more of your forearm muscles, making you slack on the next bicep workout. It's better to do the barbell curls first for maximum efficiency. I kept the barbell curls at 4x8-12.
For personal preference, I added farmer's walks at the end of my pull days for 3 sets and just walking around aimlessly until I can't hold them anymore.
My gym doesn't have a seated cable row, so I do DB rows for 3x8-12 instead. Weighted pull-ups for 3x8.
I do hyperextensions for 2x10 at the end.

Push day modifications
Removed the lateral raise superset and just do 3x8-12. 6 sets, I think, is too much.
I alternate between weighted dips and incline DB bench. I do weighted dips on the day I do bench as the main exercise. I do incline bench on the days I do OHP as the main exercise.
Push day is pretty good other than that, I think.

Legs
I took out leg press and do front squats, instead, for 3x8-12. Leg curls aren't needed if you're doing RDLs, I think.
I changed the calf raises from 5x8-12 to 4x15.
I added two ab exercises at the end.
My personal favorite ab exercises are: (1) hanging leg raises with a dumbbell (simply lift your knees up to your chest with a dumbbell) and (2) landmine 180s.
>>
>>37750800
>>37750695
I also changed the main compound exercises to 3x5, except for the deadlift and kept it at 1x5.
>>
>>37750013
>thinking that routine matters

Just eat dude
>>
do SS or SL + accessories and eat

don't even think about doing a split that only has you doing a compound only once per week, you're not even close to being able to think about looking good yet, you just want to be able to get to the point where you can lift the weight that will make you look good down the road
>>
>>37750800
Thanks /fit/izen, I really appreciate it.
I'll screenshot this and go hard for the rest of the summer.
>>
Simply eat more.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 1178x679) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 1178x679
>>37750013
>>
>>37750141
This guy gets it.
>>37750198
Not when you're that fucking skinny to start with.

Curb it off, don't keep doing it forever. You will gain some fat, but it'll jump start your muscle gains. You won't have a hard time losing fat later. Don't be afraid, just get it done.
>>
skelly general?

i long for the days i get called dyel on a picture instead of skelly

someone post skelly cbt in this thread too
>>
>>37750198
Yes don't listen to that stupid fuck. You can only gain muscle so fast so having that many extra calories is just going to put fat on you. If your end goal is to weigh more then go for it but if you wanna be aesthetic you're gonna have lose the massive amount of fat you gain eventually.
>>
>>37750850

Eating is the hardest routine of all
>>
>>37751218
any feedback on this ?
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 467x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 467x850
how do i put on weight? i do a lot of cardio playing dance games
>>
>>37754028
>how do I put on weight

You're uneducated and helpless
>>
500 cals above maintenance

lots of sleep

water

ss or icf 5x5
>>
>>37754206
i try to eat as much as i can but i think i exercise too much to put on weight
>>
File: blq.jpg (19 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
blq.jpg
19 KB, 575x323
>>37754028
>i do a lot of cardio playing dance games

what the fuck
>>
Just eat more food man, idk how you guys can't gain weight.
I cut weight for a grappling tournament and put weight back on easy as fuck.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.