[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why men in gyms avoid this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Seriously, have you ever seen someone using this thing
>>
>>37740014
Why would we want to shape our thighs? And squats would be a better way any how
>>
>>37740014
I actually use it every time before I do squats. just for warming up the adductors.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-W7sT6EMUE
>>
They're good for strengthening adductors and abductors. Runners typically have weaker adductors and abductors, so they use this to stregnthen them (source: I'm a runner). Also if you have weak gluteus medius muscles , then your squat will suffer. This machine does have a function. However, there are likely better exercises.

Most people at my gym that use it are cardiobunnies and have no clue what they're doing but still look hot at what they do.
>>
>>37740014
I get searing pain in my adductors whenever I squat, pretty much learned to live with it. Thinking about using this to iron out that imbalance.
>>
>>37740117
Work on your mobility. Only squat as far as your flexibility allows until you can squat ATG pain free.
>>
>>37740117
I actually injured my self doing this. If you get pain everytime stop for 2 weeks --> see a doctor. Probably groin strain.
You should stretch your adductors when they are back to normal again everytime befor squating and do this >>37740053
>>
>>37740014
Because only sluts use those things to show off their puss puss.
>>
>>37740014
I can max out on it so I doesn't really feel like a exercise. Meanwhile chicks can only do like 40lbs on it.
>>
Nope. The reason is I tell everyone working on muscles in isolation is completely stupid as everything works in a chain. Then I grab the barbell, shove it into thr face, and tell them to start doing squats.
>>
>>37740141
Yeah, I know. But that would leave me squatting just above parallel so I could kiss my patellar tendons goodbye. Somehow I have the feeling that adductors being constantly inflamed is the lesser evil. Sure, I could correct my pelvic tilt and shitty ankle mobility first, but I keep telling myself that I have to hit 3plt for my birthday (in 4 weeks.) However, every-time I get to 2.75plt I have to deload because I literally can hear the tendons of the brevis creaking. I'll probably end up snapping my shit because of that shitty resolution.
>>
>>37740282
Do you do foam rolling and stretching befor you do squats?
Do you have lifting shoes?
>>
>>37740312
Yeah I static stretch, foam roll and squat with plates under my heels now. Used to not stretch, not roll, squat too heavy with valgus and did it in chucks - ie. adductor destruction 101 - that's when the chronic inflammation set in.

Now I do everything reasonably correctly, but I'd probably have to lay off for a week or two to let everything heal up. But as I said, I've been a fat lazy fuck too long - now I just want to be able to push reasonably heavy for my birthday.
>>
>>37740416
Sounds like you have a minor injury that never healed. Stop training. Go to the doctor.
>>
>>37740416
And if you are scared it well take effort to heal. For me just doing nothing for 2 weeks worked great.
And don't set yourself stupid goals if you train with pain. Never train with pain.
>>
>>37740014
I use it frequently.. helps with rolling in jiu-jitsu
>>
>>37740436
>>37740453
I was really thinking about going for it, but you're right, two weeks off plus a month of lifting afterwards is still faster than tearing something and then recovering for three months and building back up for another three. Especially since I don't have insurance. Thanks.

Can I do deadlifts? My groin doesn't really hurt when I do them, except for the low level background pain I have all the time.
>>
>>37740603
Check that with your doctor. My one said running was ok but lifting at all wasn't. I even skipped benching because legdrive. Every strong tension should be avoided.
Why don't you have insurance? I have no idea but I guess this can't be expensive since he only has to take a quick look and tell you what to do and not to do.
>>
>>37740668
My last employer didn't pay my health insurance without telling me, now I have to work for at least six months in my new job 'till it gets reinstated. Had he just told me I could have applied for unemployment insurance but that window has closed. I could sue him for a pretty penny but that shit would take years and quite a lot in legal fees 'till then.

Pretty bummed out, lifting and making good progress has been the only good thing for me lately. But fuck it, a month here or there won't be the end of the world.

Thanks for the advice, I really fell for the "suck it up" meme.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.