[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I eat bread/rice and still lose body fat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: loaf-of-bread-enlarge66czf3.jpg (75 KB, 688x440) Image search: [Google]
loaf-of-bread-enlarge66czf3.jpg
75 KB, 688x440
Can I eat bread/rice and still lose body fat?
>>
>>37735185

Yes.
>>
>>37735185
You're dumb.
>>
>>37735185
yes just don't eat in excess
>>
Nope
>>
The best macros for fat loss

High carbs
Moderate protein
Low fat

Why? T.E.F
>fats = 100% calories digested
>carbs = 85% calories digested
>protein = 65% calories digested

This means that a diet that is mostly rich in protein/carbs with low fats will allow for the best possible body-composition on the highest possible calories.

You could cut on 2,000 calories with high protein/carb with low fat, and your total with T.E.F taken into account will lower that number to like 1,700. Where as a diet high in fat and low in carbs/fats, will mean that a 2,000 calorie cut will most likely be close to that 2,000 calorie figure, maybe 1,900.

End result is that your total energy consumed on the higher fat diet will be a slower cut on the same calories. High protein/carb + Low fat diet = faster cut on the same calories.

Inb4: You don't understand what I just said and call me a broscientist; PRO-FUCKING-TIP; just because you don't understand, doesn't mean it's broscience, what I said is actual science. T.E.F is NOT, I repeat NOT, taken into account with total macro-nutrient breakdown (9-4-4 rule)

Go look at everyone getting shredded as FUCK for bodybuilding shows. They limit fats to 50g, sometimes going even lower (like 20-30g) and then get their protein requirements.......and then get as many carbs as possible in their remaining calories.
>>
>>37735185
u need protein too and fat
>>
>>37735185
you got to eat more fat to confuse the belly
>>
no carbs immediately become fat and will give you cancer
>>
>>37735318
right babe
>>
>>37735308
this

the plus side of high carb is I feel energized af and dont have any urges to cheat compared to a low carb where I feel drained and have constant urges
>>
>>37735327
control yourself don't let your inner fatty out
>>
>>37735308
I understood everything you said and this is the very definition of broscience and bullshit.

You've taken legitimate information and ignored common sense and reality to derive a plethora of assumptions and nonsense statements which study actually show the contrary of when legitimate control is done and the thousand factors you ignored are taken into account.

Also calories are controlled in data that matters, especially in relation to dietary fibre re TEF so even your math is nonsense.

Stop reading blogs and calculating things and talk to a dietitian or someone with a medical background because you're clearly believing your own nonsense.

None of that matters though because none of your blog post actually relates to what OP asked
>>
>>37735308
this 1000x

This works even better if you're on steroids because you can take your fats literally all the way down to 10g and just go all in on carbs/protein. That's how these niggas get that FULL AS FUCK pumped look that you low-carb fags never get.
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 1242x1371) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 1242x1371
>>37735308
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-diet-will-help-you-lose-the-most-weight/
>>
>>37735549
>WEIGHT
>WEIGHT
>MOST WEIGHT

I am talking about body-composition, FAT LOSS, not WEIGHT LOSS.

Low carb diets are skewed due to the fact people have more WEIGHT LOSS, on the SCALE. They have NOT LOST more bodyfat, they just lost hold less water weight than someone eating high carbs.

Get this through your THICK heads. Low carb diets = HORRIBLE body composition.
>>
File: Peat.jpg (35 KB, 836x573) Image search: [Google]
Peat.jpg
35 KB, 836x573
>>37735549
The conclusion of the study is actually "This supports the practice of recommending any diet that a patient will adhere to in order to lose weight." which is sort of stupid but also true. The number one baseline requirement for any diet is that the individual in question will stick to it. Of course in the long term fatkins and keto ruin your health completely and damage your body, they also lead to more loss of lean body mass than high-carb moderate-protein low-fat diets. However many murrifats will also object to a low-fat quasi-vegan diet like Ornish because they can't munch on burgers and Twinkies only because they stay in a calorie deficit.

>>37735185
People in the developing world can usually eat as many carbs as they want but are financially limited in their access to animal products and fats. These people are not fat, the fat people are the first-worlders with their low-carb diets who drench everything in "healthy oils" and "sprinkle" everything with cheese, or just go all out with cookies, greasy fast food, chocolate bars and burgers (which they somehow call "carbs" even though they're 50% calories from fat)
>>
File: Vendiagram.gif (180 KB, 1438x938) Image search: [Google]
Vendiagram.gif
180 KB, 1438x938
>>37735616
I'm not him, but water weight has very clearly been controlled for in every analysis there. You were also talking about fat composition, which is a large part of what he's showing.

Get this through your THICK head. You're believing your own bullshit and benefiting nobody.

>>37735694
>The conclusion of the study is actually "This supports the practice of recommending any diet that a patient will adhere to in order to lose weight." which is sort of stupid but also true. The number one baseline requirement for any diet is that the individual in question will stick to it. Of course in the long term fatkins and keto ruin your health completely and damage your body, they also lead to more loss of lean body mass than high-carb moderate-protein low-fat diets. However many murrifats will also object to a low-fat quasi-vegan diet like Ornish because they can't munch on burgers and Twinkies only because they stay in a calorie deficit.
Exactly the reason why more volume and less calories are the two key factors to long term dietary success. Hence, replace eating processed carbs and burgers with vegetables and over time you're more likely to stick to a healthy overall diet.

Eating high carbs or high protein & sat fat are both flip sides of the same ignorance and every bit of evidence shows how naive they are. As always common sense and tradition win out in favour of western bullshit
>>
>>37735308
Well said anon, I agree with everything you've mentioned.
>>
>>37735185
Yes. Just don't eat shit bread. Look for 100% whole grain bread with no added bullshit.
>>
I carb cycle if I want to aggressively cut
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.