[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lifting shoes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: 14668536698855537899.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
14668536698855537899.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
What kind of shoes do you use for lifting?
What's the best lifting shoe out there?

>inb4 Adidas powerlift

Mine are supposedly shit for lifting but my squats have never been so deep.

Pic related
>>
honestly? it doesn't really matter.

If you are a toe driver you could benefit from a pair of slightly forward running shoes.

It's weightlifting, not golf. The greatness is in it's elegance. You don't need 50 million accessories. Weight goes up weight goes down.

Although the old guys who squat in boots are absolute madmen
>>
>>37684638
What are good lifting shoes i can run in too?
>>
what is wrong with normal shoes?
>>
>>37684638
I use adipowers and ive had them for nearly a year and a half.
>>37684647
Is this pasta? If not its fucking retarded.
>>
>>37684697
>Is this pasta? If not its fucking retarded.

no the tards who are convinced they all need addipower oly lifting shoes are fucking retarded.

Go put on your shoes and lift.
>>
>>37684656
>What are good lifting shoes i can run in too?

as I said here:

If you are a toe driver you could benefit from a pair of slightly forward running shoes

So anything with a .5 drop if you are a toe driver or a pair of neutral runners with arch supports if you are not a toe driver.

Don't try to run in no arch soes like puma skates or something or you will want to die after a week.

If you lift and run in running shoes expect them to wear out in about 6 months. If you are using the foam cushion style then once it gets compacted down permanently toss them. (these are usually only about 60-70)
>>
>>37684702
Im guessing you arent that strong. Basically you are saying every weightlifter and powerlifter is wrong?
>>
>>37684724
>Don't try to run in no arch soes like puma skates or something or you will want to die after a week.
I've been running in flat shoes for a couple months now
midfoot running and everything's fine desu
>>
Squatting in running shoes is no Bueno for your knees, plus once you start going heavy they'll compress so much it will be unmanageable.

I bought a pair of these adidas version of chucks for like 25 bucks on sale. I'd recommend similar or actual lifting shoes if you're gonna snatch/clean.

You can do it in running shoes, it's just gonna be harder/less stable. So what's the point for the sake of 25 bucks.
>>
I squat and deadlift barefoot. My only shoes have that big shock pad at the back and I hate squatting in them. Am I a retard?
>>
>>37685955
> squatting barefoot

retarded, yes
>>
>>37684638
your calfs are small though. so why even lift
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 236x249) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 236x249
>>37684638
Erry body's mirin these baddies
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
converse chuck taylor "all star" high tops
>>
Barefoot
>>
>>37685955
Totally fine
>>
>>37684733
>Basically you are saying every weightlifter and powerlifter is wrong?

I used to squat over 500 lbs and power cleaned over 300. I did the squat in a pair of full-air pocket air maxes with a ball-of-the-foot drive

I am not a professional lifter but did it for college football training.

I don't compete and I graduated so I don't have a need to bring 3 pairs of shoes to the gym, one to run in one to squat in and one to clean in.

The highest 1rm bench press on our team one year was done by a guy who literally just crossed his arms over his chest a couple of times, took a deep breath and blew that out without even any chalk or gloves. He got yelled at by the coach because he did it without it being 'officially witnessed' (strength coach was in the office) so he made him do it a second time. So goon just sits up, takes another deep breath, leans back and pops the fucker out again with less than a 60 second break.

Goon was a fucking beast in the weightroom, son of a coal miner and a great guy. He was on the team for 4 years and never played a snap.

You can argue about form or shoes or wraps or chalk or whatever bullshit /fit/ drones on about but if you don't have natural ability you won't put up huge weight.

Here's Rashad Duncan (DL) doing 500lbs easy peazy in a pair of cross trainer tennis shoes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MTN_NF-4KU

Phillip Daniels toe driving 625lbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnuSsvDD6P8

Here's Stephen Paea box squatting 700lbs in a pair of midtop basketball shoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgi1O3dDIJA

Dedicated Lifting shoes are bullshit. Use what you feel comfortable with.
>>
>>37687211
Oh shit is that my boy hemingway?
>>
>>37687211
Did you forget roids too? However I agree on the natural ability argument.
>>
>>37687479
I was a natty. My position with gear was always I ask no questions and people don't have to tell me any lies.
>>
File: penny loafers.jpg (120 KB, 614x378) Image search: [Google]
penny loafers.jpg
120 KB, 614x378
>>
I read that using the heeled shoes put more stress on the knee which I do not want and I do lowbar. Any advice?
>>
I lift in 4 year old chuck taylor high tops I got when I was 17.
They went from Prussian Blue to Off-Grey.
My feet have gone up .5 a size so they're bursting at the seems lol.
I bench in running shoes for a padded surface for the ball of my foot to drive through on bench.
Have considered getting PL shoes but they're quite expensive.
>>
>>37687211

The videos you posted are all examples of lowbar squatting, which generally doesn't allow for maximum ROM in the movement. However, for oly lifters or even just people trying to get the maximum amount of depth out of each squat, the additional ankle mobility you get from lifting shoes is sometimes necessary, especially if the lifter doesn't have enough flexibility to squat ATG without any sort of forward lean.

There are marked benefits to lifting shoes when it comes to flexibility and the ability to keep yourself upright while squatting or doing olympic movements, so no, they're not bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI-CU9_GUd4

Also the example you used with bench press is kind of moot because using wrist wraps or a slingshot or whatever the fuck else haven't been proven to work on bench press nearly as well as lifting shoes have proven to work in max depth squats or in olympic lifts.
>>
>>37684638
Personally (and if you want max lift you should do the same) I use lifting shoes with integrated double acting hydraulic cylinders controlled by sensors attached to my glutes. I don't know how so many people can lift without these. They have really helped with gains more than anything else besides anabolic steroids.
>>
>>37684702
Nobody is convinced you need adipowers, but you're giving out some pretty bad advice if you're suggesting your shoe choice doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1453317893578.png (161 KB, 308x301) Image search: [Google]
1453317893578.png
161 KB, 308x301
>>37684665
it's in the name, normie nigger
>>
>>37684647
You're retarded. And only a particularly special kind of retard would ever suggest squatting in running shoes.

Olympic weightlifting shoes are necessary for the sport. For anybody else, they're still usually beneficial by providing greater ankle mobility, and a more stable heel and greater lateral stability than any other shoe can provide.

Other shoes with minimal or very hard heels can work as well. One of the reasons chucks are suggested is that over time the rubber just compresses into a hard packed sheet.

And work boots are a classic if you look back into power lifting into the early it's and 70's. Amazing ankle support, lateral stability, hard heels. As a modern lifter you have better options, but there's nothing wrong with them.
>>
>>37688869
>Also the example you used with bench press is kind of moot because using wrist wraps or a slingshot or whatever the fuck else haven't been proven to work on bench press nearly as well as lifting shoes have proven to work in max depth squats or in olympic lifts.
you are retarded.some guy please post the vid where some fat idiot has his bench shirt explode and the bar crashes right down his sternum.
>>
>>37688789

Strictly speaking, yes it does, but unless you walk in 6 inch heels all day and neglect your hammies it shouldn't be detrimental to your knee health.

Get some Vibram meme shoes, aqua socks or wrestling shoes if you're so concerned
>>
>>37688975
You know I wasn't advocating for bench gear, right? In fact I was doing the exact opposite? Please go back and read my post again.
>>
>>37688888
Whoa.
>>
File: 1466275383083.jpg (19 KB, 478x351) Image search: [Google]
1466275383083.jpg
19 KB, 478x351
>>37688888

Dam sun
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.