[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest, /fit/. How often do you brush and floss your teeth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 16
Be honest, /fit/. How often do you brush and floss your teeth?
>>
>>37681145
brush - twice daily

floss - no
>>
>>37681145
Everyday
>>
>>37681152
This

Does anyone actually floss regularly?
>>
>>37681145
I'm too lazy to brush my teeth more than once a day desu. Fuck it.
>>
>>37681152
Gum disease sucks. I have it. Floss minimum 4 times a week
>>
I brush and floss after breakfast and after dinner.

I usually also floss after I eat a snack or lunch (my teeth have more gaps than most people's because of braces so food gets stuck more often).
>>
>>37681145
around 4 times a month. i always forget
>>
>>37681161
yes?

don't be british -- floss your teeth
>>
>>37681145
Floss-after I eat any meat

Brush-always before bed
>>
>>37681171
i went to the dentist yesterday for the first time in like 5 years

no cavities, but theres some measurement they do of the gums that is supposed to be 3mm for normal and over 5mm is gum disease. i have like 6mm.

they taught me how to floss correctly (i was using the picks, which are terrible apparently).

i just flossed tonight and plaque was literally shooting out of my mouth. disgusting
>>
Why should I floss?

I never get shit between my teeth
>>
File: 1466685173001.gif (295 KB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
1466685173001.gif
295 KB, 300x166
>>37681285
Floss just once and smell the cord afterwards
>>
>>37681298
This gif triggers me
>>
>>37681161
I do , but it's more flossing the back everyday & front every other day
>>
>>37681298
Ah yes, it smells weird but does it actually clean stuff?
>>
>tfw have 3 ongoing root canals, 4 wisdom teeth extractions and a normal tooth extraction pending
jesus fuck don't remind me. I think I'm getting PTSD from this shit.
>>
>>37681145
>he fell for the bristly Jew
>>
>>37681145
twice a day
>>
>>37681371
What the hell anon
>>
>>37681145
brush and floss once a day
low-sugar diet does more for my teeth than brushing ever will
sometimes i floss before rinsing out the toothpaste
>>
>>37681371
I work with a dude from Kentucky that has to get at least two days a week off to go see the dentist. I think he's had three root canals in about a month. I'm in the military and they're super-strict about dental shit. He has the worst teeth I've ever seen and I spent 4 years in England.
>>
Floss every night. Brush twice a day.
>>
Brush twice a day. Don't floss at all. I have a wire behind my teeth so it's even more annoying to floss.
>>
>>37681145
i brush every day after breakfast and again after dinner
floss once a day after dinner (usually) pretty important to floss desu senpai
>>
Once at night after last meal. No reason to do it again in the morning if you haven't eaten anything.

Not flossing ever is fucked. Grow up kids.
>>
>>37681145
Brush erry'day, twice if I feel like I ate too much sugar.

Flossing is for bongs.
>>
>>37681145

Brush like once maybe in the morning or evening before bed whatever. Usually floss if I have time, half assed.

What kind of toothbrush/paste do you guys use?
>>
>>37681553
>No reason to do it again in the morning if you haven't eaten anything
I'm not a dentist but I'm pretty sure that's fucking wrong.
>>
>>37681506
This desu
>>
Brush daily
Never floss
Gaps in my teeth are way too tight for that shit, can't get the floss in there
>>
>>37681553
Except that your breath smells like shit in the morning, whether you know it or not.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 KB, 132x90) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 KB, 132x90
So how do you get your teeth whiter? Ive been using a whitening toothpaste for like a month but it only has made them slightly whiter. Are whitening strips the only way to go?
>>
>>37681605
Only way to truly whiten your teeth is to burn the enamel off and whiten what's inside. You can't reverse the browning.

Basically, apply peroxide, then bleach. That's essentially what all whiteners do.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140440563
>>
File: igbo4.jpg (27 KB, 351x450) Image search: [Google]
igbo4.jpg
27 KB, 351x450
Daily reminder that if you don't brush your teeth before eating breakfast, you're a dirty mongoloid.
>>
>>37681145
I brush 3 times a day and floss 4 times a week. I went 15+ years without seeing a dentist. Got some minor soreness in my teeth and jaw recently. I had to see a dentist even though I was dreading the results. I was expecting multiple cavities, root canals and having to get wisdom teeth out. The only thing I actually had were 6 cavities. Everyone at the dentist said I had pretty good teeth considering. I now brush 3x a day, floss everyday, and use mouthwash at night.
>>
I've gone 4+ summers without brushing or flossing, and I've never had a cavity or tooth related disease.
My teeth are yellow and crooked though, but I just got braces to fix it.
>>
>>37681605

why not? it's like $40

i've been using them for ~5 days and i'm already noticing the results.
>>
>>37681334
it's to clean your gums and the plaque on your teeth that brushing doesn't get
>>
>>37681646
flossing doesn't stop cavities, it stops gum disease
>>
>>37681145
Brush twice daily. Sometimes more. Depends on what I eat. Floss sitting in bed every night. Flossing is no joke. Getting food and bacteria build up out from between your teeth and underneath your gumline is very important. Ask any competent dentist. It's quick, costs barely anything and has a significant role in your long term health. Do yourself the favor.
>>
>>37681663
I never said it did?
>>
>>37681161
I brush twice daily and floss once at night before sleep. Mouthwash about 5 times a week.
>>
Brush, motuhwash and floss 3x daily

Got into the habit, never went away.
>>
>>37681145
In the morning, and at night before bed.

I only brushed in the morning, and smoked, and did ecstasy for about a year. Essentially all my bottom teeth are decaying at the gum line.

Fortunately not any of my teeth you see when i'm talking.

Brush twice morning and night, and floss before bed every other day. Make a long-term investment in yourself
>>
Floss daily. Brush almost daily.
>>
>>37681161
Nope brush once a day and floss never.
Probably why my shit is fucked up desu senpai.
>>
>>37681145
Brush every day, morning and night. Floss night, Mouthwash morning and night.
>>
>>37681145
brush after breakfast, lunch and before sleep.

Floss + mouthwash 2-3 times a week
>>
>>37681676
This. As a kid every time I went to the dentist they'd reiterate that even though flossing is more of a hassle it's just as important as brushing to get rid of all the gunk that sticks and builds up around your gums and crevices around your teeth, even if it doesn't noticeably make them whiter. Not flossing inevitably leads to receding gums. Also if there's much sugar or acid in your diet you should drink a bunch of water so it never stays in your mouth and on your teeth long.
>>
>>37682271
Same.

>tfw qt dental hygienist got on to me about how I'm exhibiting early signs of periodontitis and made me promise to fix my teeth
>tfw I haven't
>>
>>37681145
Whenever I'm gonna leave the house or see a human I plan on kissing.
>>
Brush twice a day for 2 minutes each (I have an autistic system to help me keep track of the time). I only really floss when I feel something caught in my teeth. I know I should do it more
>>
File: 1447710068574.jpg (5 KB, 205x245) Image search: [Google]
1447710068574.jpg
5 KB, 205x245
>>37681145
Brush twice a day minimum (morning and night) but sometimes thrice.

Floss at least once, sometimes twice. I have several crooked teeth off to the side of my mouth. At a glance, I have straight teeth but those are just the eye teeth--I get food caught in the crooked ones off to the side and it's a fucking bitch to clean constantly.

The real question is: who actually uses two types of mouthwash daily, as my dental hygienist insists is optimal?
>>
>>37681630
This shit makes absolute no sense. You should brush AFTER eating breakfast.
>>
>>37682395
No, I've been told it's generally better to brush before meals (except bedtime) because brushing immediately after eating is more likely to damage your teeth because of food making them more sensitive. Although that probably applies more to drinking coke or something really shit for your teeth.
>>
I brush twice a day, use mouthwash twice a day, floss before bed and once a week Ill brush my teeth with some baking soda.
>>
>>37681145

Anyone else try oil pulling? It's where you swish coconut oil around your mouth for 10+ minutes.

Apparently it's really solid for gum health. A lot of the bacteria that cause gum disease are hydrophobic, but they're swept up by fats. Couple that with coconut oil's natural anti-microbial properties and it's supposed to clean that shit up after a week or so of everyday use. Then you just do it once a week to maintain.
>>
>>37682497
I might try that, I get bad tonsil stones and shit. Is there any drawbacks?
>>
>>37682555
There are no inherent drawbacks because it's fucking vegetable oil. Coconut oil is good because of its properties, so just try it I guess.
>>
File: WOgUwqw.jpg (18 KB, 413x619) Image search: [Google]
WOgUwqw.jpg
18 KB, 413x619
only brush and floss every night

>pic related
>>
>>37682602

>dem fuccboi jaw aesthethics

How often do you let Chad ravage your asshole?
>>
>>37682328
Jesus dude, that seldom?
>>
>>37682725
men are very attracted to me but im not gay
>>
>>37682820
thats how it starts.
>>
>>37681145

Once a day if that sometimes I just mouth wash and floss.

Never had a cavity in my life and I'm almost 30.

The secret is don't consume sugar.
>>
>>37682555

>Is there any drawbacks?

I doubt it.

I don't even know if it works though. The dentist found a bunch of 4-6 mm gum spacings around some of my teeth and I have an extra couple pounds of it sitting in the pantry - bless Costco.

Figured I might as well try it, it's a tablespoon a day and I just swish it around while taking a shower.
>>
File: 1449863211167.gif (62 KB, 262x199) Image search: [Google]
1449863211167.gif
62 KB, 262x199
>>37682820
Don't play hard to get you want that prostate pranked don't ya?
>>
>>37682602
Why do I want to cum in your mouth?
>>
>>37681145
2-3 times a month. Never had a cavity. Teeth are in great shape.
>>
>>37681605
If you really want to whiten use whitening strips.
"whitening" toothpastes are mostly just nasty abrasives.
>>
>>37683069
Cos you know she would greedily swallow every single drop.
>>
>>37681145
Thanks op. I was considering not brushing before bed but your pic convinced me
I brush usually twice a day.
I'm trying to floss regularly and use mouthwash
>>
>tfw spent over $1000 on a tooth for two failed root fillings this month.
>It still hurts and looks like I'm going to have to pay another 100 now to get it pulled.

Paying for the years of being a degenerate drug user who smoked pack a day and drunk atleast two monsters a day. Total is now $3200 in the past 2 years fixing my teeth.

But at least I look fit and have good teeth now right /fit/?
>>
>>37682820
>>37682602
Go to bed, Sean.
>>
>>37683097
toothpaste is an abrasive
>>
>>37681145
Yes yes yes, dental hygiene is immensely important.
>>
>>37681145
>brush once a day in the morning
>this takes me around 10min to carefully brush all my teeth on all sides
>water, spit, rinse, repeat
>brush tongue for 3min til its pink and clean
>somedays use listerine, somedays not
>never floss
>wonder if you need to floss anyway
>floss once or twice a year mabye

Should i start flossing?
>>
Been flossing everyday without fail. Even carry floss in my backpack.

Went to the dentist last month after not going for 7 years and the dentist says my teeth and gums were perfect.

Save your money and floss people.
>>
Anyone here not brush their teeth on the weekends, unless they're going out?

if im just staying home then i don't brush my teeth on the weekends, this is normal right?
>>
>>37683156
>should I floss

yes you nasty fuck, what is wrong with you
>>
>>37683116
Oh, don't get me started!
>>
>>37683156
if you're brushing your teeth for ten minutes flossing for a couple minutes shouldnt be a big deal.
also, don't you think ten minutes is over-doing it a bit? my dentist always told me three.
>>
Brush every morning, usually at night too but sometimes I'm lazy and sleepy.
Floss about every other night, maybe every third.
>>
>>37682497
Do i drink the oil after being done with it?
>>
>>37683304
NO you nasty nigga. Do you want to go to Bacteriaville?

Spit it out in the trash
>>
>>37683183
I didn't brush my teeth for like 3 months at one point
>>
How do I stop my retainers from smelling like ass after every time I take them off?

Should I buy denture cleaning solution?
>>
>>37682442
thats good advice, thanks anon
>>
>>37682497
I've been doing this for a year and its great. About 5-10 minutes a day swishing while in the shower. Gums are in much better shape.

Also it is very good for cognitive health. It actually regenerates brain tissue. Doctors have started prescribing this to alzheimer patients too because it actually reverses the effects. I smoke weed like a mad cunt and it seems like coconut oil pulls has brought back my short term memory.

Also great to have the taste of coconut first thing in the morning.
>>
>all these no flossers
you floss to keep your teeth spaced so that plaque doesn't build up inbetween. You can brush all you want but you'll never reach in those spots if your teeth are closely spaced.
>>
I was born with naturally small/fucked up teeth and over the years my diet fucking ruined what there was of them. I had really bad calculus and looked very similar to OPs pic

I stopped eating sugar and carbs and my teeth got better looking within a month. I often forget to brush my teeth these days because it's just not something that's important any more. My teeth literally take care of themselves because of my diet.

There's a reason people who live in isolated communities outside technology have the best teeth in the world, it's 100% about proper diet.
>>
>>37681145
floss after every meal, brush twice a day.
>>
>>37682497
>>37682555
>>37683424
>>37683036
The only info I could find on oil pulling comes directly form people marketing books and products related to oil pulling.

Is there any shred of evidence that it actually helps teeth or cognitive function?
>>
Brush 2-3x daily.

Floss 1-2x weekly.
>>
>>37681605
Baking soda mixed with hydrogen peroxide for toothpaste twice a week. Your teeth will be white in 1 month
>>
>>37681161
i mainly floss and only brush every now and then. if i dont floss then my breath starts to smell because of the bacteria trapped in between my teeth from all the eating because of bulking. flossing is actually more important than brushing, too. dont fall for the brushing meme, i only do it to keep my front teeth white if im going out
>>
>>37681145
every morning, often in the evening but not everyday

but i have a coating on my tongue i have to scrub off every morning or it smells bad.
its white/yellowish

my dentist said its becaus i have deep rills on my tongue

this is annoying as fuck, what do?
>>
brush ~2 times/day. Floss once a week
>>
>>37683947
Nah, don't use baking soda. It will fuck up your enamel.
>>
Brush once a day maybe only five times a week.

Just flossed after reading this thread
>be me
>>
>>37683955
Oral thrush
>>
>>37681605

love how people don't floss but are concerned over the whiteness of their teeth

like what's wrong with people lmao
>>
>>37684025
Only if you overuse it. Twice a week is one of the best ways to cheaply whiten your teeth and it's not that hard on them. If your worried about your enamel then just use hydrogen peroxide and apply it to your teeth with cotton swabs and use it as mouthwash. IT TASTES HORRIBLE but it works.

I usually mix toothpaste with baking soda and peroxide so that i don't wanna vomit when i brush.
>>
>>37683948

Im finding thats the beauty of gomad: i dont even have to brush anymore
>>
>>37681145
Haven't brushed my teeth in over a year. I thought that my teeth would rot out, but nothing has happened. No gum swelling or bad breath either.
>>
File: Plackers_Single[1].jpg (3 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Plackers_Single[1].jpg
3 KB, 200x200
>>37681161
Yes. I floss once or twice a day. Get pic related or something similar. Taking bits of food out with those is so satisfying.

I keep a bag next to my computer so I can floss while watching videos and shit then I brush after.
>>
>>37684060
Brushing is mainly about aesthetics. Teeth health is more about genetics. I've never had a cavity and i have gone more than 2 years without brushing one time. Just using mouth wash.

Toothpaste is a jewish meme. It costs 20 cents to produce and they charge up to 10 fucking bucks to buy it.

Yellow teeth are not weaker but they are ugly.
>>
>>37683129
Why didn't you get an insurance beforehand? Costs me 25 bucks a month and in the first 5 years they cover up to 500$/year. After that time its unlimited. Only 3 more years 'til I get all my shit replaced with veneers or ceramic implants/crowns.
>>
>>37681161
I floss every day, at least once. I'm an anxious fuck and paranoid my gums will recede, though. Obviously also brush twice a day.
>>
>>37683156
Cut your brushing time in half, it should only take 2 or 3 minutes really... that way you'll have extra time to floss. I just started flossing before bed daily and i love it, never goin back
>>
>>37684064
If you don't use these after every meal, you don't actually care about your oral hygiene
>>
>>37684064
These these these
>>
Haven't brushed my teeth since February, I just scrape the plaque off when it gets bad. No cavities, gums are fine. Avoid sugar and thats 90% of your problems gone.
>>
>>37681145

brush twice daily, but i never floss..
teeth are all healthy.
>>
>>37685372
>Haven't brushed my teeth since February, I just scrape the plaque off when it gets bad. No cavities, gums are fine. Avoid sugar and thats 90% of your problems gone.

you are disgusting
>>
>>37681145
I brush once a day in the evening, never floss. Once a year I do professional dental cleaning and teeth control and never had a problem.
>>
>>37681605
use sea salt on toothbrush.

100% works
>>
brush twice a day
floss at night

>not flossing
you lazy faggots, I hardly ever go to the dentist all they do is polish my teeth for a few minutes and out I go. Take care of your teeth
>>
File: frenchie.png (15 KB, 514x424) Image search: [Google]
frenchie.png
15 KB, 514x424
Floss only once a day, at night before bed.
Brush twice a day.
>>
>>37684064
>>37685288
>>37685314
My dentist said these are terrible. Marginally better than nothing but nowhere near as good as using real floss properly.

He was right. When I flossed for the first time the way he taught me (neither of my parents floss or take care of their teeth at all), I had so much plaque and other shit coming out of my mouth it was disgusting. My mouth was bleeding like a motherfucker, but it felt really clean once it stopped
>>
File: smug loli.jpg (338 KB, 1369x1183) Image search: [Google]
smug loli.jpg
338 KB, 1369x1183
I floss often but must brush like once every week. Recently, a chunk of tartar broke off and it was the first time in months that I was able to feel the back of my lower teeth.

I was in the dentist like one week ago, I have great teeth and still no cavities.
>>
Brush at least twice a day (after breakfast and before going to sleep), more often if I eat/drink something acidic or sugary.

Floss - once a day
>>
>>37681285
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/features/periodontal-disease-heart-health
>>
>>37681190
How to floss and not make your gums bleed? I don't really have plaque since I started using electric brush, but it won't hurt to floss, I guess.
>>
>>37685288
just tell us technique senpai
>>
>>37687925
electric toothbrush isn't going to get the plaque under your gums. only flossing does that

it's normal for them to bleed for awhile when you start doing it. it just means they're inflamed.

watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTWyx0iI01o
>>
soon people will be able to grow functional teeth instead of paying out the ass for faulty implants
>>
>>37681145
brush like 4 or 5 times a week. Some days I brush twice and some days I don't do it at all. I didn't get the habit in my childhood.

Floss never. Sometimes use a woodstick to remove food traces tho.

>capcha select all images with candy
>>
>>37681145
I brush after breakfast and before bed and floss before bed. I've had way too many cavities to be content with being lazy about it.
>>
>>37688329
bah, meant to say I floss after breakfast
I would floss before bed but I take a sleeping pill at night, it's a struggle to even brush
>>
>tfw i have halitophobia
>cringe when I see people speaking up close in movies/tv whatever

This has ruined me. I need help.
>>
>>37681145
Brb gonna go brush
>>
>>37688658
>halitophobia
what is that
>>
>>37681145
Brush 3x a day after meals
Floss not at all
>>
>>37681161
I floss almost everyday and do it in the shower
>>
>>37681145
Maybe two or three times per week I remember to do it, I will tonight because of this thread
>>
File: 1466459642294.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1466459642294.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
>>37681145
Every day, i had a root canal once and the nerve in my tooth got infected, worst pain i've ever experienced.

Floss your fucking teeth /fit/, you'll regret it if you don't.
>>
>>37689027
I fear I constantly have bad breath no matter what I do. I have at worst decent hygene. I can't speak to people unless I have like 2 feet in distance
>>
I brush twice daily, floss when there is shit in between my teeth, and use a tounge scraper when there is shit on my tounge. Also use whitening strips for special occasions.
>>
>>37687988
Do you use a regular floss or is it special?
>>
>brush once a day, never floss
>teeth/tongue look ok, breath is fine
>improve the oral hygiene routine
>do brush-floss-brush-listerine routine every night
>everything looks better
>actually feel better
>>
>>37689288
dentist told me to get listerine ultraclean. i got it off amazon. it's pretty cheap and works really well.

although my mouth feels strangely empty as my gums go back to where they should be

https://www.amazon.com/Listerine-Ultraclean-Floss-Mint-yard/dp/B00LITWSW0
>>
>>37688141
SOURCE?
>>
i floss every single night and brush 2-3 times a day.

flossing is absolutely key.
>>
>>37689306
Ty, I'll look for it
>>
>>37681145
Shit man there were times where I would brush once every couple weeks, still have my teeth but I'm probably fucked somehow anyway
Lately I brush every other day-ish
Bought a waterpik recently and it's been getting me to brush more often cause I love using it
This reminds me I haven't brushed today yet
>>
>>37681145
Brush: every time I eat something
Floss: once a day, if I don't feel anything between the teeth I may skip once. More than 2 days without flossing = I feel more filthy than a savage
Mouthwash daily (no alcohol, no chlorhexidine)

>>37681298
>>37681312
That gif triggers me too
>>
Just went to the dentist for the first time in 3 years, my shit's all fucked up. Had cavities between my teeth because I didn't floss, that shits painful to fill.
Here's what he said:
Brush 2-3 times a day, soft bristle, don't push too hard
Floss every chance you get, he say's 4-5 times a day, after every meal. Use unwaxed floss, it's harder to find but it picks up plaque a lot better
Mouthwash once a day, only if you know you won't be eating for at least an hour afterwards, so after breakfast or before you go to bed.
See a fucking dentist, even if you think you can't afford it, most places will do cleanings for free/very cheap, and the longer you wait the more your shit will get fucked up and the more expensive it will be
>>
File: dentistry.gif.webm (598 KB, 320x206) Image search: [Google]
dentistry.gif.webm
598 KB, 320x206
go to your dentist, /fit/
>>
>>37681145
Brush 3x
Floss 2x
Mouthwash 2x
>>
It's funny because I floss everyday but I don't brush my teeth. Ever.
I mouthwash everyday too
>>
>>37681285
yes even though it's not big chunks of food inbetween your teeth theres microscopic particles hiding that floss can get most of, it also makes a huge part breath-wise. I TRY to floss before and everytime i brush my teeth in the morning and night.
>>
>>37681177
This. Pain in the ass
>>
>>37681161
Yes, I'm a loser. I brush multiple times a day using crest 3d, floss regularly and even use some expensive mouth wash that stops tonsil rocks, even though I don't really get those.
>>
>>37681161
Only after eating chicken wings
>>
>tfw have genetically deep molar pits and i get cavities from it

also, dipping half a can of grizzly a day douesnt help either. My teeth arent really bad because I had braces and have a permanent metal retainer in my bottom front teeth, but my gums are fucked from dipping. they receded really low

>tfw just threw in a fat hammer of wintergreen
>>
how has no one posted this song yet desu (takes about a minute to get relevant) BRUSH YO TEEF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyodeHtVvkA

also i brush and floss twice a day. but i use the floss picks which might not be as good as actual floss.
>>
>>37681177
Senpai senpai senpai
>>
>>37683955
get one of pic related. they're like $5 and take care of what you're describing very easily.
been using one for years, love it.
>>
>tfw brush/mouthwash after every meal, floss every day, and eat little sugar but have horrible teeth and frequent cavities
Does "muh genetics" apply to dental health at all? I have friends on the "brushing is gay" train who drink energy drinks and soda like water and have never had a cavity
>>
>>37683955
Just brush the back of your tongue, dig your thumbnail into your palm to suppress vomiting
>>
>>37681630
that's like wiping before you poop
>>
Brush twice or three times a day depending on what I ate. Nightly routine is brush, floss, waterpick, Listerine. Always keep floss and a bottle of water in the car to rince and floss after eating away from home. Rincing good with water after you eat really helps. Gets bits and chunks out as well as bringing down the pH level in your mouth.
>>
>>37682395
>>37696067
Not the guy you're responding to but he's right, according to my dentist. I always brush first thing in the morning at his advice. Brushing your teeth doesn't work the way most people intuitively think it should.

>>37682442
This is basically correct. My dentist also says to wait 20 minutes after consuming something with sugar like Coke since you'll just be rubbing the sugar into your teeth and gums.
>>
>>37696067
You'd assume so but according to pretty much every dentist on earth it's better to brush before meals
>>
>>37696067
This post by a dentist explains it pretty well.

"The process of enamel demineralization occurs much more rapidly than remineralization, so it is extremely important to take steps to limit the extent of demineralization throughout the day so your teeth are able to recover. If you brush before breakfast, it kickstarts salivary flow that has been reduced overnight and introduces in fluoride to the mix which will help buffer your teeth against acids."

https://www.quora.com/Should-you-brush-your-teeth-before-or-after-breakfast
>>
Never, I got 10 grand worth of pretty perfect false ones.
Weak enamel, had no choice.
>>
brush in when i go to bed and when i wake up. i luckily have god tier teeth genetics. never had a problem my whole life
I never floss
>>
>>37681145
i get a professional tooth cleansing done at a dentist every 6 months
>>
>>37681145
Brush: 2-3 a day (after meals)
Floss: once (night), clorhexidine free
Small brush between tooth: stopped doing it should do it again once a day (night)
Clorhexidin gel on molars: 2 a day (morning night), 2 weeks only

/fit/ why dont you go to dentist
>>
How to remove tartar? Just floss?
>>
>>37697580
sorry my english is bad, I thought floss was the moputhwash... I flossed my teeth before, not anymore (lazy)
>>
>>37697598
dentist will remove it and tell you basic dental higiene habits, follow them and you will not have tartar up to a year or more
>>
>>37681145
I brush once and mouth rinse twice a day. I never floss.
>>
Brush in the morning: every single day
Brush in the evening; try to brush every evening, fail very often
Floss: have it in my bathroom, never use it
Listerine: evey evening before sleep except for nights when I take a sleeping pill because I don't want to mix alcohol and sedatives
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.