[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi /fit/ i noticed i gaind wheight, so i decide to start running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: running.jpg (229 KB, 1188x1028) Image search: [Google]
running.jpg
229 KB, 1188x1028
hi /fit/
i noticed i gaind wheight, so i decide to start running but, should i run every day? my legs will get hurt if i do so?
>>
Never going to make it
>>
Plenty of people run every day, and you can too. Just take it super slow when you're starting. Spend a half hour every morning just walking, then after a few weeks work up to a faster walk, then a slow jog, etc
>>
you gonna go far kid.
>>
>>37681087
Mike Tyson used to run hard. Even tho hes a boxer i bet hes more of a body builder then you will ever be.
>your never gonna make it breh.
>>
Start slowly. You don't want shin splints
>>
>>37681146
Also, forefoot striking and happy calf gains
>>
File: emi plan.png (716 KB, 1288x3200) Image search: [Google]
emi plan.png
716 KB, 1288x3200
my weight is 234 lb, it used to be 194
i'm planning on using the emi routine, and it is only 3 days a week
will the extra weight damage my joints if i run everyday?
>>
>>37681045

I don't think a person should run more than 4x per week. And no more than 20 miles per week.

Gotta go easy on those knees.

Get some good running shoes. And also make sure to occassionally break up the monotony by doing bike or swim.
>>
>>37681045
Damn he's got nice tits
>>
>>37681188
Have you ever ran a half marathon or a marathon? You mostly need 40-50miles weekly to train for one.
>>
>>37681188
I know plenty of people who go 40+ and remain fine.
>>
>>37681205
i ain't no marathonist, the only excersise i've done regulary was swimming a couple of years ago
i gained weight and im out of shape, i don't think i should run that much
>>
>>37681228
>im out of shape

Why are you giving advice?
>>
>>37681253
i'm op and i was saying what my condition is...
>>
>>37681045
Run 3x a week
Start couch to 5k
>>
>>37681146
shin splits means you're doing something right though, idk but that pain makes me more motivated than anything
>>
>>37681756
No it means you're over striding and your cadence is probably slow. Have a cadence of 3 steps per second.

You won't be able to run if you have shin splints, and recovery takes 4-6 weeks. If you run multiple times with splints recovery will take longer.
Start slowly Faggot.
>>
>>37681045

If your primary motivation is to lose weight then why are you running? Run if you want to to build endurance, lift you want to build muscle, eat less if you want to lose weight.
>>
>>37681045
Don't run every day, you can walk, but don't run every single day. I usually run for three, then take a day off, then run for three more. Unless you're looking to become a marathoner or something, there's no need to put your body under that sort of stress.
>>
>>37681831
Diet goes hand-in-hand with exercise, otherwise you're just withering away rather than losing weight.
>>
>>37681843
unless you're sprinting which you're obviously not going for, you're only improving slow twitch fibers. You're just quickening the 'withering' away and becoming skelly mode at a faster rate.
>>
>>37681045
I ramped up too quickly when I started running and ended up with a stress fracture. Take it slowly when you're starting.
>>
>>37681889
so he's loosing weight faster, gaining endurance, good for your hearth, lungs, and alot of other things.

OP running a bit everyday is GOOD.

fun fact: the average hamster runs 12k a day. A wolf runs up to 70k a day.

Most humans dont even walk 10k a day.
>>
>>37683745
>loosing
losing*
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.