[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, how common are 'roider' gyms (like the one I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: _72644320_020843727-1.jpg (174 KB, 624x750) Image search: [Google]
_72644320_020843727-1.jpg
174 KB, 624x750
/fit/, how common are 'roider' gyms (like the one I go to), and how do I best scope them out in the city I'm moving to next month?

By 'roider' gym I mean:
>80% of people are jacked as fuck
>today I spotted someone benching 4.5plate. I can't even DL that
>there is one running machine and one bike for cardio
>there are 50kg plates
>I haven't seen a single female there, ever. Ever

It's a converted warehouse... I only found it through word of mouth here
>>
>>37678599

>enter powerlifting gym
>surprised people are lifting heavy
>>
>>37678635
Oh shit, I guess that's what it kind of is... They're just not explicit about it and it never clicked with me

Okay, powerlifting gyms... Are they usually tolerant of people who don't powerlift, like me? I mean I DL, squat, OHP and bench, but with (relative) baby weights and most of my routine is with dumbells
>>
>>37678660
They will likely have a giggle at you m8
>>
>>37678660
question

why go there instead of a gym like the YMCA or similar if you arent explicitly looking to get into powerlifting
>>
>>37678599
>By 'roider' gym I mean:
>>80% of people are jacked as fuck
>>I haven't seen a single female there, ever. Ever
>It's a converted warehouse... I only found it through word of mouth here

Ask the faggots where they work out.

Hope Jihad John doesn't murder you.
>>
>>37678717
Fuuuck

>>37678727
Because they've got the best selection of raw metal I've ever seen. Everyone is friendly - I probably make small talk with about a third of people there. No one judges me for not putting my all into powerlifting

There's good vibes there
>>
>>37678752
then heres my next question

if everyone is friendly and sociable there, whats the problem? atleast you're working out. as long as you arent doin shit wrong or benching in the squat rack level of autism then i really dont think theyd care.
>>
>>37678752
Like last week for example, even when doing skullcrushers a guy came over and told me to hold my elbows further back. Worked a treat

>>37678770
You miss the part where I said I'm moving city. There isn't any problem with this gym. It's perfect, but I imagine rare and hardly going to pop up on the search engine (this gym doesn't have a website or phone number... Yes, all under the table stuff)

I want to find this type of gym somewhere else... But don't know how I'd go about it
>>
>>37678727
This. If you want to powerlift, you go to a powerlifting gym. If you want to do normie-tier shit, go to a normie-tier gym.

And yeah, usually the only way to find them is by word of mouth. Some of the more well-established, competition-oriented gyms have websites though.
>>
>>37678788
I disagree

The place I go to now welcomes everyone. Friendly as fuck. Happy for people to come in and not touch a barbell during their workout... As they crack on benching 5plate
>>
>>37678599

>go to third world 70s decaying former boxing gym
>plates and barbells are all rusted
>they use a grinder and a wire wheel on gripping part of the barbell to remove the rust
>100% men
>80% 60 or older
>40 year old paint on walls and ceiling falling apart

13USD per month, normie gyms are 30USD/month
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.