[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stronglifts 5x5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: secret.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
secret.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
What body type is attainable natty with good nutrition if you follow the stronglifts 5x5 routine?What's the best you can hope for before it becomes necessary to switch to something more complicated with more frequent workouts? Obviously it would vary from one individual to another, but, y'know, on average?
>>
>>37677366
Gslp or ss would be better.

Since novice routines are only designed to last 3-9 months, you can't expect a HUUUGELY dramatic change in such a short time. You dont explode with muscle from touching a barbell. But you will get lotsa noob gains.

Depends on your starting point, but .5lb lean tissue a week is about the maximum you can expect as a natty
>>
>>37677366
Also you can still workout the same frequency when you switch to intermediate routines.

Intermediate just means you need a week of training to progress (i.e. Make gains)

A novice lifter responds and adapts to each individual training session.

also you will want to do lower intensity, higher volume work, to progressively overload the muscles and stimulate growth, even when the muscles are too fatigued to progressively overload with intensity.
>>
>>37677389
What about someone who already left skelly mode? I had gained about 20 lbs years ago, than wasted a couple of years doing brosplits with little to no gains, then had a break from lifting and got fat but retained most of the muscle. Now I want to lift again, is 5x5 a good choice for me? And if yes, how far can I get with it?
>>
Been doing ss since december last year and exhausted the n00b gains. What do now?
>>
>>37677674
So would you mind sharing what do you look like now? What's your height/weight/BF%? How long has it been since your gains stopped?
>>
>>37677694

About 23% bf, 190 lbs, 6'2"

squat 130kg
dl 160kg 1 rep max
bench 70 1 rm (pls no laugh)
ohp 50kg

gains stopped about a month ago
>>
>>37677739
Cut. 23% bf is very high
>>
>>37677739
Hey are you me?
>>
>>37677739
Thanks! I think I'll give 5x5 a go, might be a good thing to do, since I never did deadlifts in my life and only squatted with a smith machine.
>>
>>37677739
>>37677823
Please post a pic btw
>>
>>37677603
Yes.
You can expect 3-6 months linear progresion... Unless your lifts are already fairly high.

Deffo do a novice program until you cant respond from it, to ensure you are at the intermediate level.
>>37677674
Intermediate routine, ya dingus
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 767x753) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 767x753
>>37677739
Follow pic related, replacing clean with squat, hip thrust with deadlift, and put shrugs on A.

Then start cutting hard as fuck

Get to 10%
>>
>>37677739
I have been doing gslp on a deficit (from 190 to 175 bw) and only since january, my the press is 12kg higher, and bench is 25kg higher

...water you doin?
>>
What are good weights to change from sl5x5 to another routine?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.