[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uni lift thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 500x1653) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 500x1653
Starting at uni soon and am scared I won't have time to lift. Tips for lifting at uni? Any advice? Things I should prepare for?
>>
>>37675129
>'Scared'
Nah man you are bitch made
>>
>>37675138
/thread
>>
I do STEM at Oxford, ie short intense and hard terms, and I've not missed a workout in ages.
>>
you'll have time to lift if you make time.
>>
File: 1451580549734.jpg (55 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
1451580549734.jpg
55 KB, 960x638
>>37675129
Personal question here

I've figured that if i focus only on full time school(12 hrs) and work(40 hrs) I can sleep a full 8 hrs lift 2 hours max and study/do homework for 3 hours max

I'm just getting back to school and namely community college. How much time is usually dedicated to homework or study? Can i skip em like i did high school and still pass?

Has anyone done this for more than a year? Could you date or hold friends?

Does icecream help anyone else fall asleep like it does me?
>>
Get a pull-up bar
>>
>>37675129
Lifting at uni is easy maing. The gym it's right there so you can literally lift in between or after classes. Plus you have lots of energy because you get to sleep in. I can't wait to go back to uni so I can finally start making gains again. I've been working a 9 to 5 this summer and lifting after work is just a killer. I can't get through my sets most of the time.
>>
>>37675260
Did you pencil in time for a personal life? If not you will burnout in a matter of months
>>
>>37675260
My friend is/has been doing this method for school for the last 6-7 years and he still has 2 years ahead of him barring the possibility he fails more classes since he doesn't study and no homework even for classes where it counts. He also put on a bunch of weight since he no longer works out as he is always too tired and drinks and eats shit with his friends and family. No relationship has ever gone well and he always ends up trying to split time he doesn't have and someone ends up fuckin pissed at him.

Honestly if you are going to full time school and work and want to workout that is gonna be your life if you want to also do well in your courses. Some won't require much dedication or study but at least one will and it will most likely be a gen Ed that doesn't relate enough to make it seem worth it and then next thing you know you are back in it next semester because you failed.

tl;dr Only prioritize school, work, and fitness. Leave everything else for the weekend.
>>
>>37675129
Set a time in your schedule that you will lift, adjust as needed, buy rice eggs chicken veggies and taters in bulk. Don't let partying derail you bro. It'll fuck your gains up bad. Find a good middle ground.
>>
>>37675129
Youll have time to lift if you wake up at 6:30 like the fucking rest of us at uni who learn to make time
>>
I want to start working out at the uni gym but I know too many people that go and it's kind of uncomfortable when people want to talk to you and you're there to get shit done.

Also I know a guy and if he finds out that I started working out there he's gonna want to work out with me and he's kind of a bro-douche
>>
>>37675982
This. Get up early, get your workout done and you have enough time to study if you don't fuck around.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.