[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it okay to work out during doms?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 14455536116142.png (182 KB, 346x375) Image search: [Google]
14455536116142.png
182 KB, 346x375
Is it okay to work out during doms?
>>
Yes. If you didn't work out during DOMS you'd just stop working out after your first few sessions.

In my experience the best way to deal with DOMS is to work out, actually.
>>
>>37664774
yes

it also feels great to work out with doms
>>
I'd like some more answers please.
>>
>>37664774
Yeah dude go ahead, it feels amazing to do so, I don't really know why, and it goes away regardless.
>>
It feels like crap when you're not lifting and you feel almost paralyzed, but when you start working out you won't feel it as much. Also get some sleep! it really helps.
>>
>>37664893
Here are a few answers I've found so far:
>yes
>no
>maybe
>probably
>depends
>>
Or because this is my off day I don't work out ? I feel like I want to though.
>>
>>37664948
Don't workout if it's your off day dummy.
>>
Whenever you're feeling the DOMS for longer than you figure you should, just go out and do cardio, or workout the same body part again.

We don't know a lot about what causes DOMS, but we're pretty sure it's primarily to do with tissue damage.

And what flushes out that tissue? The lymphic system?

How does the lymphic drainage work? Gravity and movement, mainly. So get out and do it again.
>>
>>37664965
But it's my first week of working out and I feel like I have tons of energy still.
>>
>>37664978
Just don't bro. That comes later when you're an intermediate lifter. Stick with 3 days a week for now.
>>
>>37664774
I remember that person

>captcha: don't got chasin' waterfalls
>>
>>37665055
who is she? What a qt
>>
>>37665066
excuse me?
>>
>>37665066
>she
>>
>>37665236
What
>>
No, do not workout with DOMS. Infact if you feel light headed do not workout either, also never workout if you dont feel like, you know you wont give your max.

Also Never think about working out if you are not feeling perfecly and with at least 16 hours of sleep on your back, you dont want to injury yourself.

I swear to god, you fatass are the worst shit of this world
>>
>>37664774
Yes. Doms will go away if you workout with them but if you wait until they go away by themselves, you will continue to get them every time you go to the gym for a longer time. Rest days are still a thing though, follow what your routine says
>>
>>37664978
Don't want to overwork yourself and end up hurting yourself. There are guidelines for beginners for a reason
>>
thanks guys. i hope I make it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.