[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey bros Recently fucked up my shoulder and finally decided to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Quackery.jpg (32 KB, 430x410) Image search: [Google]
Quackery.jpg
32 KB, 430x410
Hey bros
Recently fucked up my shoulder and finally decided to see a PT. He told me to get it scanned which revealed that I need to be out of the gym for 2+ months and keep doing PT along with home therapy.

Question is, are these PT's just bullshit?

My gym bros tell me that PTs are just waging war against gyms to get more money. They also tell me that doing intense shoulder press + whey will repair the muscle

Lastly, my PT looks like a skinny beta fuckwhit that couldn't lift to save his life.

How should I proceed? I really dont know who to trust (never been hurt like this before)
>>
>>37658992
Yes they are gains goblins. Don't listen to them.
>>
>>37658992
I say if exercises hurt just take time off heavy pressing. Your gym"bros" are fucking idiots and the PT obviously just wants your money. Just work on mobility and do exercises that dont put any strain on your shoulders.
>>
Lol bro really?
>knows to have a fucked up shoulder
>ignore a professional on how to fix it
>gym buddy says going heavy WILL MAKE MY FUCKED UP SHOULDER FEEL BETTER

Like is this bait? Of course go for that 1RM OHP OP it will surely be fixed
>>
>>37659027
The meatheads are fucking retarded but the PT obviously just wants to milk OP's wallet in those 2 months.
>>
here's an idea: why not go see an orthopedic? or better yet an orthopedic with specialty in sports related injuries?
>>
>>37659289
$$
>>
>>37658992
Honestly they're probably both slightly in the wrong.

>gym bros are fucking retarded
>medical professional wants to pay off their huge debt

Honestly I feel like
>>37659011
Has it right..
>>
>>37658992
Yeah man just keep pushing through ignore the pain of your ligaments and tendons being torn asunder dont worry they will grow back stronger right!!!
>>
>>37659638
How the fuck does PT help then?

Therabands? Pointless stretching on a table?
gtfo beta
>>
>>37658992
I'm the only one in thread that hasn't just recovered from one but two shoulder fuck ups (one for each shoulder).

Do facepulls every workout. High reps. cuban press. Shoulder day is now rear dealt day. If you can't do a wall slide correctly don't bench press or overhead press.

If you can't lift your arms up all the way without your ribs rising you shouldn't be doing overhead work. Stretch out your traps, lats, and pecs everyday.

You should be able to start lifting more weight then ever if you do this for 4 weeks with dedication.
>>
When you say PT Do you mean physiotherapist or personal trainer?
>>
they show you how to stretch and warmup properly without tiring out large muscle groups. My PT has been doing shockwave therapy to break down scar tissue. It's been 6 weeks and my rotator cuff injury is totally gone now.
>>
>>37659960
the former
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.