[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I posted about this a while back, but things have escalated a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 200_s.gif (26 KB, 289x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
26 KB, 289x200
I posted about this a while back, but things have escalated a bit.

So my brother is in great shape, but he refuses to workout with me.

He constantly put me off with excuses. (I.E. When you can do 20 pushups, when we get to Summer, when we get to winter)

Early today I asked him again and he basically said no. I told him ok I'm going to join a gym/fitness class then and he sharply told me not to.

He told me he use to workout by himself all the time and that I need to just work with what I got by myself.

I have the highest respect for him. Like other than this one subject he's a really great guy.

I'm thinking about ignoring him and doing it anyways, but there's a part of me that's having a real hard time disregarding what he says.

I really dont want to disrespect him but I'm sick of struggling at this by myself making peanuts in gains.

Wat do fit?
>>
>>37658313
I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't join a gym. Tell him to give you one legitimate reason why you shouldn't
>>
Goo to the gym, skip the fitness class (assuming it's Zumba or some shit), lift heavy things repeatedly. If the fitness class is "how to use the gym" and you're never been to the gym, then it might be worth your time.
>>
>>37658346
He says its a waste of money and that I can do just fine with what I have. I really dont make a lot of money but the place I was going to join is no contract.

He also acts like I'm not dedicated enough to stick to it.

>>37658361

The fitness class basically puts everyone on the same routine but they adjust reps and weights depending on your needs and ability.
>>
>>37658313
>He told me he use to workout by himself all the time and that I need to just work with what I got by myself.

he probably wants you to experience the same thing he did. my older brother does that to me too with other stuff. it's a lot easier when a path is cut for you, so it's hard to appreciate the trouble an older sibling goes through when they had no one to guide them.

all the info you need is in the sticky anyway
>>
>>37658313

Sounds like he likes being better than you and doesnt want you to better yourself. Go to the gym. Read the sticky to get an idea of what to do before tho.
>>
>>37658313
>I told him ok I'm going to join a gym/fitness class then and he sharply told me not to.
he's scared you're gonna get bigger than him.
>>
You need to first find a sledgehammer. Second, you find and go to an empty field. Bring large tractor trailer tires to this field.
Flip the tires.
Hit the tires with the sledgehammer.
Do wrist curls with the sledgehammer.
Do sprints in the field.
Kick the trees.
Do pull ups on the branches.
Eat sleep and breath this field.
Don't go home for the rest of the summer.
Just walk into the house this October and act as if you were never gone.
>>
>>37658397
All I have though is a bar and some barbells. I'm pretty sure he had ropes and a benchpress on top of this. I just feel like he isnt cutting me enough slack here

>>37658409
>Sounds like he likes being better than you and doesnt want you to better yourself

I mean maybe there's some truth in that, but he usually gets mad at me for being stagnant in pretty much every other facet in life.
>>
do you have any workout stuff at home?
>>
>>37658459
A pair of barbells and a pull up bar.
>>
>>37658463
just go the fucking gym
>>
>>37658479
Like I said I'm really considering it, but I really dont want this to turn into a sore subject between me and him.

I really want him to be my gym bro eventually
>>
>>37658313
If he's a big enough cunt he doesn't want to help his own brother out with getting started on his own routine then I don't know why you value his opinion.

Read the sticky, join the gym, start with a beginner program like SS and gomad, learn about dieting and if he doesn't warm up to the idea just keep rolling solo.

If you have dedication you don't "need" a gym buddy
>>
>>37658313
I would say this is a horrible crab-bucket attitude but if he's in great shape than he likely just doesn't want you to be successful because he sees it as a threat some how, which I would say probably means he bases quite a bit of his self-worth off of being better than you. It is extremely shitty to try and hold back your own blood just to feel good about yourself, it's shitty to do it to anyone in fact.

Fuck him, join the gym and do you. If he disagrees tell him you are working with what you have by yourself and there's not a thing he can do to stop you.
>>
>>37658667
>>37658682

Its only this thing. He would do anything else for me but this.

Its been a long time since he's worked out but he's still retains a lot of his muscle mass.

>It is extremely shitty to try and hold back your own blood just to feel good about yourself, it's shitty to do it to anyone in fact.

I'd really like to think thats not the case, but either way I guess I'm just going to have to make the plunge and disregard what he says.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.