[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skinnyfat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Skinnyfat.jpg (1 MB, 2725x2377) Image search: [Google]
Skinnyfat.jpg
1 MB, 2725x2377
Skinnyfat here. Should I bulk or cut? I'm 5'9" 150lbs.

I am starting back into fitness and I am curious how my diet should be.
>>
Cut to 10%, become skelly. Then lean bulk. Repeat. Having love handles isn't pretty.
>>
>>37655727

That means losing weight right? Like cardio and salads/no milk
>>
bump
I am reading sticky but I don't understand. What should I shoot for diet wise?
>>
Figure out TDEE.

Eat below that.

Start lifting now.

Once 10 percent bodyfat. You're pretty close.

Keep lifting.

Eat above TDEE.

Come back in 3 years and create a trip when you're asthetic.

Troll noobs with bad info
>>
>>37655740
yep, thats literally the way to go, cant do anything wrong with that
>>
>>37656248

So it says i should eat about 1900 calories per day, that should be pretty easy. Am I supposed to watch carbs and fat grams too? I know saturated and trans fat is bad.

I heard to do about 100 carbs per day to lose fat. What about protein?

I haven't started lifting yet, just Calisthenics super lightly (I am out of shape so like 40 push ups per day, and will start crunches or pull ups) and some cardio. I don't have a gym membership.

I ordered some body fat calipers today to help me track my progress or whatever.
>>
>>37655687
Don't actually try to lose weight at 5'9, 150.
>>
>>37656583
Go to reddit look up bodyweight fitness do their routine. As soon as possible, save up money for a gym.
>>
>>37655687
Lift and eat clean. You will recomp over years. You have no muscle. Put some on then come back and ask these stupid questions
>>
>>37655687
This question probably gets asked here like 5 times a day.
It doesn't matter. Just pick one and do it.
>>
>>37656645

That shit is a little advanced for me I think.

Am I not gonna make it?
>>
>>37657309
We're all gonna make it breh. Just start.
>>
Not OP but im same height and weight and basically same amount of muscle mass. Says my daily TDEE is 2500, is eating 2100 too much? do I have to cut even more? Im still tryna get bigger shoulders and lats especially.
>>
>>37655687
OP you have proven you havent read the sticky if you are at all serious about improving urself look at the very fucking least read the damn sticky. Also cut always cut if you have more than 12% body fat even then prob still cut abit
>>
>>37656248
holy shit solid advice on fit surely not, get the fuck outta here bro stop ruining the fun.

Or is it solid advice kappa.
>>
>>37656583
Not quite.

Fats are a very important part of our diet. HEALTHY saturated, omega-3, and unsaturated fats are okay as long as you're making your TDEE goals. Trans and Hydrogenated fats are the bad ones that do not need to be in our diet at all. Examples of HEALTHY fats are avocados, nuts, coconut oil, fish, olives.

But you're correct about carbs. We really don't need them in our diet that much. Especially in the morning and before a workout. Spikes blood insulin levels making it harder for our body to access energy in fat cells.

When your body breaks down food, all grains, rice, oats, wheat, and things like that get turned into sugar more or less. So avoid it. Also, avoid all unnecessary sugars. Naturally occurring sugars in fruit is ok, but any/all processed sugars is to be avoided, HFCS, sucralose, and artificial sweeteners.

Best to eat LOTS of greens and vegetables every day. Mix in chicken, fish, and red meat. Good cuts if possible. Next is healthy fats, then fruits. If you have to eat grains, get whole grain, never white, bleached, or "enriched" flours. Things you should never eat include highly processed anything, sugar-laden anything, fast food anything. Corn oils, canola oils, soy by-products, and vegetable oils are all pretty low quality when used in processed food. If you see these in food you plan on buying, try to search for a less processed alternative.

Read up on nutrition, diet, and biology more. I think you're on the right path but common misconceptions can hurt us down the line.
>>
>>37657456

Thanks man, helpful info.

I have been doing the reddit bodyweight fitness routine, as

>>37656645

suggested. It's kind of tough. I can do a full pull up but I have to get off the bar in order to do another, can't do them consecutively. I am doing foot assisted L sits now which were pretty easy but hurts a little bit as like I said I am out of shape. I can do planks and the wall handstand planks semi effectively too. Just don't have anywhere to do dips or rows. I am going to be looking at gyms tomorrow and hopefully doing some more cardio tonight. Are crunches or sit-ups any good? I used to do those.
>>
I'm similar to this and I decided to cut so when I do my strength training be it starting strength or 5x5, do I also keep adding weight even though im cutting?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.