[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you progress on the benchpress when you are too autistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
How do you progress on the benchpress when you are too autistic to ask someone for a spot?

Is adding more volume instead of weight okay for making gains?
I'm stuck on 1pl8 bench ffs
>>
Then you git gud and tell yourself you won't fail and get that bar back up no matter what.
>>
>>37653397
Smith machine
>>
>>37653397
Lowering 1plate to your chest isn't a death sentence. Learn how to fail, then progress.
>>
1. Gain weight, bench benefits most from it
2. What program are you doing, chances are that SS bench volume (provided you do SS) doesn't cut it for you, try something new like one of Greg Nuckol's free programs
3. Maybe your technique is also lagging, film yourself and read some bench guides you find on net (Mark Bell has good videos and Nuckols released a guide recently).
>>
>>37653397
higher volume is fine and you also don't need to go to absolute failure . you should get a sense for whether you can do another or not, and if you're not sure, rack it
>>
>>37653397
Dips. So basically do SL with assistance work.
>>
Go for a higher rep count with moderate weight. Eg 8-10 reps at 60-75% of your max
>>
bench in a rack with safeties you fucking retard
>>
Ask for spot. Just ball up and do it. You should only need a spot on your third set anyway.
>>
>>37653397
You don't need a spot.
Have you ever pinned yourself with the bar? It's not scary at all and it's easy to remove yourself from the situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEUvI8Q6JDk

Voila! You are now not limited by your autism!
>>
If I ever lift heavy enough, would it be possible that doing the roll of shame would injure me?
>>
>>37653915
over 2 plates yeah you mught get injured. Under that, nothing more than minor bruises as a reminder of your failure.
>>
>>37653942
oh shit it seems like I will stay at 2 pl8 for the rest of my life senpai
>>
I never ask for spots because I can always tell when I won't be able to lift the bar up by myself on the next rep, so I just stop there. I'm not some gym expert or anything, been going for like a year and a half. It's not like people help you with your last rep on other lift either, I don't see the point in going to failure.
>>
>>37653915
Unless you're egobenching stupidly then I don't think so until you're advanced, like 3pl8 or something.
If you can gently lower it onto your chest then you can roll of shame it.
>>
autisth machine for lonely fucks
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.