[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>High Carb diet >The body uses glucose by default and creates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
>High Carb diet
>The body uses glucose by default and creates glycogen and stores the rest as fat, much to everyone's chagrin
>uses carbs because it's in good supply

>High Fat diet
>Body notices a lack of glucose so it makes ketones to start to break down fat for the functions that requires glucose
>uses fats because it's in good supply

>High Protein diet
>...
>>
>become a sikk kunt
>>
>>37653004
body needs protein to repair muscle fibers
>>
>>37653004
you need high protein with high fat or the muscles will break down too
>>
You starve to death on a high protein diet because humans can only extract around 1600 calories per day from dietary protein, assuming optimal conditions
>>
>>37653106
when people say high protein diet they don't mean they eat 400g of protein
>>
>>37653004
The body turns excess protein into glucose for energy

Basically just expensive carbs
>>
>High Protein diet
is the same as high carbs but more expensive and with some calorie loss from conversion/tef
>>
>>37653149
>The body turns excess protein into glucose for energy
>Basically just expensive carbs
Please stop this meme. Body doesn't turn protein into carbs unless it's absolutely necessary for survival. That too it starts eating your muscles. The body will not convert the chicken you eat or the whey you drink into carbs
>>
>>37653598
Lol who let you use a computer you literal retard
if there's excess protein what the fuck do you think happens to it? gluconeogenesis, nothing else
>>
>>37653080
is this true

what do I eat for healthy fats
Almond butter is OK but expensive, same with salmon
>>
ITT: summerfags arguing about broscience
>>
>>37653004
High protein the body uses it to repair muscles and whatnot, left over protein is converted to glucose in the liver.
>>
>>37654057
Nuts and seeds are healthy fats. Among those, omega-3/omega-6 content is a consideration. Walnuts, flaxseed and mustard are relatively high omega-3 and often considered top notch choices in terms of health. Hazelnuts, cashews, almonds and macademia nuts are low-PUFA, so they do not contribute a lot of omega-6. Peanuts are OK. Sunflower seeds and pine nuts are questionable.
The easiest way to maintain an adequate omega-3/omega-6 is to consume a low-fat diet, with most fat coming from fish, walnuts, mustard, etc. However, on an adequately low-fat diet even if all your fat comes from meats you will still consume less saturated fat than the generally accepted upper limit.
>>
>>37654057
Eggs, milk, nuts and meat is good enough.
>>
>>37653004
High protein, in the likes of 330 and up is actually harmful to a person.
>>
>>37653598
You are wrong Sir.
>>
>>37653106
I thought your body just turns protein into a carbohydrate alternative, or rather uses it like a carb when you're eating too much /solely protein
>>
Friend of mine in the military actually fell into a 2 day coma cause of malnutrition cause he literally only ate protein for a few months.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.