[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm currently on the left. Probably fatter. 225, 6'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: builtlean-review-morgan-back.jpg (44 KB, 610x521) Image search: [Google]
builtlean-review-morgan-back.jpg
44 KB, 610x521
So I'm currently on the left. Probably fatter.

225, 6' as of writing this. Just did 31 standing squats. Used to be in the sports, in great shape in my 20s, then I got fat and I'm sick of it.

Thighs are huge.

Man tits.

I'm currently reshaping my diet. Down to water only on most days, but I slip every now and then. Started going to the gym 3 days a week. I bike there, then bike back. Not in shape enough to jog yet, walking would kill my knees since I'm such a fatass.

Been doing inverse pyramid workouts - High weight low reps to low weight high reps - in three sets each time I go just to get back into the swing of things.

I need it to go faster. I don't want to kill myself doing it. Should I just up my weight class and lower my reps? More cardio? Stop eating? Sick of this body being a big titty cage. How the fuck do you kill man boobs at the very least?
>>
I've been stuck in the 210-228 range for over a year.
>>
Eat less, move more. I'm down 20 lbs since april from 220 to 200 @ 5'6. All I'm doing is eating less. Used to eat 2000-2200 calories per day along with 4000 cheat days on the weekend. Cut down to 1600-1800 and the weight is steadily dropping.

Literally change your diet.
>b-but its too hard
>t-this food is so good
Then keep being a fatass
>>
>>37645421
I was at that weight at 5'9" and my knees were fine, I could walk without a problem. It is downright shameful that you can't walk.

Anyway, you should consider swimming. Body stays cool, easy on your joints.
>>
Holy shit you are being a bitch.

I was 6'0 230, I said fuck it and I went out and started jogging. In VANS. I didn't even have running shoes. I could barely jog more than a quarter mile without stopping.

Now I'm down to 185 and can run 6+ miles easy.
Oh, and it only took me 4-5 months to lose the weight. I hardly changed my diet. Don't focus on building muscle right now, it'll make you stay bulky. Focus on exhausting yourself with cardio to get down to a good weight, then lift.
>>
>>37646270
Also, make it a point to run DAILY. Don't do some 3 days a week bullshit, you won't stick to it. Make it a habit
>>
>>37645421
225 at 6' is not too fat to run/hurt your knees. Maybe you have a high bf%, but I'm 6' and I was 260 when I started getting /fit/ and I was running twice a week. Also, try biking or elliptical if you actually have an injury
>>
Forgot to say you should read the sticky.
You should read the sticky.
>>
>>37646283
That's terrible advice. If OP thinks he can't even walk, then he shouldn't be running daily. It's gonna mess up his shins and suddenly he'll have to wait a week before he can run again.

Listen to your body, don't run if you feel immense pain in your legs/bones. Running with shin splints and other aches will only halt your progress. Start slow.
>>
>>37646763
'Couch to 5K' is standard fare for starting running, but yeah, one should be able to comfortably walk a 5K before trying to run it. Also get running shoes. Also eat better.
>>
don't do that stupid pyramid shit just pick a high-ish weight and do 3-4 muscle group exercises 4x10. chest days will kill your man tits real quick and beefing up your shoulders will offset your midsection for a while until you eventually get your midsection in shape as well. it's all about proportions- built shoulders, chest, and arms will make your lovehandles or whatever much less noticeable. its not that hard senpai
>>
Holy shit replies

>>37645870
Changing my diet is the first step I took. I'm down under 2000 calories daily, but breaking the food habit has been tough. Tough, but not impossible. I'm getting better at it. Will double down my efforts.

>>37646270
That's probably fair. I can always run on softer ground. Losing the weight is why I started lifting, so that's smart.
>>37646337
I do have high bf%... I have an injury but it's years old so many I am being a bitch.
>>37646342
Alright, I'll give it another shot.
>>37646763
Immense pain... I'll watch for that. I guess I just have to power through the shit feeling.

Thanks, guys.

Another question - How do you tough out the feeling of not having stamina? When I do cardio things at the gym I get bogged down by the huge numbers and can't finish my set and I think that mental fatigue makes physical fatigue set in faster.

Does it just come down to willpower?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.