[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultimate /fit/ question - you're a fat fuck who has just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1389103540873.jpg (326 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1389103540873.jpg
326 KB, 3000x2000
Ultimate /fit/ question - you're a fat fuck who has just started lifting. Do you:

a) Lose weight first so your form and stamina are in better shape and THEN build muscle; or
b) Build muscle first using your fatfuck strength and THEN lose the weight
>>
>>37637609
b, easier cut later on
>>
>>37637609
You eat a shitload of protein and start with a 500 defecit cut (with most of your diet being protein)

You will build muscle as despite being on a cut because noob gains + excess fat to burn
>>
>>37637609
You have a noob gain period where you can get both by just lifting, eating healthier and exercising. Try lifting with a deficits diet and plenty of cardio for at least a year, your body fat should be able to sustain your progress for a long time. After a year you can make the decision to either cut hard or focus more on strength.
>>
>>37637609
Eat at 2,000 calories a day with a 50/30/20 split and try to increase lifts and hypertrophy for about 2 months.
>>
File: 1427870674468.jpg (331 KB, 796x832) Image search: [Google]
1427870674468.jpg
331 KB, 796x832
>>37637609
a) and b), with the exception of the word "first".

You already have the strength of a fat man, and noob gains will kick in fast for you as long as you stick to any sort of exercise regimen.

My advice is to figure your TDEE, subtract 500 (and do this every time you lose 5 lbs), track your calories on mfp (or whatever), and make sure you get in upwards of .8 grams of protein per lb of your goal weight on a daily basis. Also, your exercise doesn't give you more for food - so just ignore that possibility now. Eating at 500 cal less than your TDEE will suck for a 2-3 weeks until you get used to it but after a while it will feel weird to eat much more than that.

Enjoy your slow but steady weight loss, new life-time habits of eating healthy, and noob gains.
>>
You work out.
>>
Stop saying you, I've been at it for nearly 3 years, I'm fine, I'm just wondering what the best method would be as a hypothetical
>>
>>37637986
Are you high? My maintenance, as a fat fuck, is 17xx. I'm eating 1350 cal per day to keep the 1kg per week ratio.
It just seems better to lift/HIIT while losing weight at a good steady rate because fat loss gains is fucking satisfying. I'll worry about proper aesthethics later.
>>
>>37637609
c) Cut and bulk at the same time because it's very easy to do if you're getting noob gains.

After six months, it's either cut while maintaining strength or bulk.
>>
working strength and mass is easier than cardio. bulking is easier than cutting
mentally speaking, you want to slowly raise the pressure.
also, when you're fat your muscles grow faster (because your body "knows" you have the energy to spend)
and when you're muscled up, cutting is easier (because more muscles take more energy all the time)
so it's pretty clearly B.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.