[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight Loss plateau fuck my ass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: fucking plateau.jpg (158 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
fucking plateau.jpg
158 KB, 800x533
It has been 2 weeks since I last lost weight, and as a matter of fact went up 600 grams (1 pound) today.

Food intake and exercise has been monitored., noting has changed.
Total to this date I have lost 68 kg (150 pounds) been doing it for a year already.

I swim for cardio 1hr errday.
Taking 1 or 2 days rest. depending on how tired I feel.
Took some caffeine gum (100 mg) to help me with motivation since after a year of continuous cardio, i find it boring as fuck and I can't stand it without having the high I get from it.
I have been doing the caffeine for about 2 weeks already, so maybe it has something to do with it.

I don't do lifting as I get anxious the weight scale will indicate more weight cuz of water retention cuz i get swollen. not swole.

What is /fit/s best way to break weight loss plateaus?

I read in some article online that lifting might help increase metabolism because more muscle means more metabolism, more lactic acid or some shit like that.

Fucken desperate m8s, 83kg (183pounds) 5'11 manlet and I still have that fucking flabby gut.

I will continue doing cardio and just wait it out, but in case you guys know of something that will break it, let me know

fuggggggggggggggggggg
>>
Are you sleeping 8 hours per day?
>>
>>37637603
7 hours roughly, I can't sleep any longer than that. I just wake up right after 7 and feel like just getting out of bed.
Should I force myself to go back and sleep that extra hour?
>>
brb, going swimming

pls lads, let me know if you've had anything similar.

what's the longest time you've been on a plateau?
>>
If you don't lift you will look like shit.

>being anxious because you retain some water
What? Fuck that. Your problem is psychological. Start lifting and power through. Weight loss/gain will plateau from time to time for no apparent reason for up to 4 weeks. It's a test of mental fortitude.

Also, carb cycling can help a lot avoiding plateaus.
>>
When is the last time you figured out your TDEE and subtracted 500? Also, look for patterns yo, not lbs/day (which is utter bullshit).

Remember it is impossible to realistically gain weight or even plateau as long as you're eating noticeably less than your TDEE.

Mifflin-St. Jeorge and desk job only:
http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
>>
Muscle growth bro, I'm in the same boat, stuck at 80kg, but I've noted more volume everywhere, you're making it bro
>>
File: aaaaaaaaa.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaa.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>37638175
I've been eating at around 1500 cals per day which is 1500 cals below my TDEE using scoobys calculator.
Maybe I'm hitting some sort of starvation mode, since I apparently the swimming I do (1hr breast stroke) burns around 700 cals. Does that mean I am on a daily 800 calories?
I heard that I might need to add some extra carbs here and there to appease my body and lose some more fat.

>>37638135
I needed this. I need slaps now and then. (figuratively speaking). Will continue to work hard regardless. Thanks bro.

>>37638247
We are all gonna make it breh. I will power thru and add some weights as well. Starting small so I don't fukk over my muscles. Maybe some body weight exercises as well.
>>
I personally gained, according to my scale, 3 lbs over the weekend by hanging out with friends and eating a combined 600 calories over my tdee for those 3 days. And because that's actually impossible, I'm just going to keep eating at a 500 cal deficit, weighing myself on a daily basis, and seeing if there isn't a downward trend in 2 weeks time (and I'm sure their will be).

>>37638506
It doesn't sound like you are, but you had better not be eating any extra calories because you exercised.
>>
>>37638598
The more I get closer to my ideal 165 pound weight, seems like the good ole easy weight loss is a thing of the past.
Shit is becoming harder now.

I am eating "snacks" in between meals, by that I mean like 10 grams of smoked salmon just a pinch. twice or 3 times a day. nothing that would even get close to 100 cals.
I will try and mix my cardio up a bit. add some weights. And then see how it goes for the next 2 weeks.
There has got to be a point where my body will use that extra fat i got stored in my gut. I will continue to eat witht he same caloric deficit. My body will break it at one point or another. Guess just gotta force it until then.
>>
>>37638506
Actually, eating 1500 cal/day is ~700 cal below your TDEE according to scooby's mifflin/st. jeorge calc, which is why you need to recalculate every 5 lbs or so.

I guess if you started at a deficit of 1500 calories then it will look like it's starting to plateau, but you should still be losing maybe 1-1.5 lbs/week as long as you're counting calories accurately, with mfp or something.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.