[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Start lifting >Make pretty solid gains for three months
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: HRmQ9FT.jpg (89 KB, 644x781) Image search: [Google]
HRmQ9FT.jpg
89 KB, 644x781
>Start lifting
>Make pretty solid gains for three months
>Get bored
>Quit

>Next year
>Start lifting
>Getting to my old maxes, muscle memory is working
>Get bored
>Quit

Repeat two more times.

Does anyone ever wonder what they would look like if they had consistently lifted for two years straight without huge gaps?

Is it literally all down to perseverance to make the difference?
>>
Try again, but when you reach that point remember the regret.

There comes points where for a week or two straight you will want to give up. If you get past those phases it's not as much of a grind anymore.
>>
File: 1451047114199.jpg (8 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1451047114199.jpg
8 KB, 180x180
>>37633922
Never gonna make it.
>>
Nope because im not a faggot who is never going to make it
>>
>>37633956
Will I eventually get used to it?

I love lifting but I keep making huge gaps because I'm busy or preoccupied with other shit and my sleep or nutrition is off.
>>
>>37633922
I don't get how you get bored. Maybe just listen to music while you exercise?
>>
File: 1464033513605.jpg (25 KB, 426x382) Image search: [Google]
1464033513605.jpg
25 KB, 426x382
>>37634003
>I love lifting
No, you don't.
>>
>>37634020
you're right
>>
>>37633922
Try switching up your routine when you start to feel bored brah
>>
File: 1466239297197.jpg (116 KB, 684x684) Image search: [Google]
1466239297197.jpg
116 KB, 684x684
>>37633922
I feel your pain OP.

I've had problems with dysthymia/depression and it really has affected my progress.

I'll go to the gym for a few weeks, making very little progress because I can't stick to a program and also because it's not a long period of time, then stop when the depression gets worse. Then I binge energy drinks and soda because it makes me "happy" (pro-tip: it fucking doesn't) and lose that progress. I know it's all my fault and I'm on my own.

Things are getting better though, I'm drinking more water, cut out the soduh and have been taking St John's Wort for a week and noticed some slight improvements. What I'm trying to do now is identify the point where I sink into depression and somehow fight through it.
>>
>>37633922
Just quit forever you weak willed pussy. What was your intention when you created this shit thread? To have someone here volunteer to drive you to the gym everyday? Nobody here can help you, fucking faggot.
>>
>>37634226
I just wanted you guys to call me a weak, lazy piece of shit to motivate me.
>>
>>37634281
if you need motivation to go the gym, all you're gonna do is quit again when that motivation goes away

you have to think about why you're going to the gym in the first place and if you really want to achieve those goals
>>
>>37634311
I just need a little boost

Can you just call me a lazy piece of shit?
>>
>>37634115
>three months in on his first program (hopefully at least one program)
>already bored and quit
Nah fAm he was doomed from the git
>>
>>37634337
you are a wonderful human being
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.