[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why lift when it's about the intellect?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: gorilla.jpg (88 KB, 634x892) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
88 KB, 634x892
Why lift when it's about the intellect?
>>
Tell that to STACEY when she's getting PLOWED by the ALPHA SILVERBACK while eating BANANAS.
>>
>>37633762
mad pussy when you have both
>>
>>37633811

>STACEY
>Not KOKO
>>
>>37633841
Koko was more interested in watching cartoons and eating candy than mating anon
She ended up obese iirc
>>
Tell that to HARAMBE when he's DRAGGING CHILDREN with his BULGING MUSCLES while you COUNT CALORIES and CRY
>>
File: 1262821_Anna_BillieW_Elsa_Frozen.jpg (119 KB, 1200x1080) Image search: [Google]
1262821_Anna_BillieW_Elsa_Frozen.jpg
119 KB, 1200x1080
how do you improve intelligence?

is it just a matter of reading books?
>>
>>37634231
This fucking meme
>>
Exercise improves cognitive functions and memory recall.
Also helps keep depression at bay.
>>
File: enlightenment.png (557 KB, 715x402) Image search: [Google]
enlightenment.png
557 KB, 715x402
>>37634255
Meditation
>>
>>37633762
>Why lift when it's about the intellect?
Actually, It's about both
>>
>>37633762
Hi there gorilla man its been a while since you make these threads but can you recommend any books for intelligence gains?

Yours truly, gorilla fan man
>>
While KERCHAK is sitting around STUDYING his oneitis JANE is getting FUCKED by CLAYTON
>>
I'm not a monkey, I'M A SCIENTIST!
>>
>>37633762
>be gorilla living in America
>Get shot
>>
>>37634255
Books increase knowledge
Meditation increases frontal lobe gyrification
Books make you knowledgable, but not smarter. Meditation grants you more self control and has positive effects that we attribute to intelligence.
>>
Agreed.

It's all about reading books on logic puzzles in between sets*.

*I have actually done this, but realistically I'm far more likely to be fiddling with music players.
>>
>>37633762
Lifting IS intelligence

Your nervous system includes more than just your brain, in case you forgot.
>>
Can you not have both?
>>
>>37638544
>this is what meatheads use to justify their stupidity
>>
>>37638665
Ignorant white male detected.
>>
>>37638665
>this is what nu-males use to justify their "intellectualism" and lack of care for ones body
>>
>>37638565
There are 3

>physical
>social
>educational

Everyone has differing levels of these "intelligences"
>>
>>37633762
You have to be pretty fucking stupid to think that you can't have both.
>>
>>37638766

No, it's considered that we have 8, but this will probably change to a higher number or to another model completely when neuroscience advances.

>Musical
>Visual
>Verbal
>Logical
>Bodily
>Interpersonal
>Intrapersonal
>Naturalistic

It makes a lot more sense than a static IQ number. Very smart people can be very stupid in other areas and vice versa. These are not considered static either. You can grow them with practice.
>>
>>37638959
Have a source with that? Seems interesting.
>>
>>37633762
> be intelligent and scrupulous creature mediating at home
> hear an unusual sound, possibly an intruder
> decide to go check it out, but not to bring weapons as it's probably just some dumb kid
> get shot to death in my own home because people think I'm endangering the trespasser
> meanwhile a gator in Florida stands his ground and eats a kid and gets away with it

It's not about intelligence, face, height, nor frame. It's about not living in a shit hole like Ohio.
>>
File: 1452785948686.png (49 KB, 300x207) Image search: [Google]
1452785948686.png
49 KB, 300x207
>>37634231
>>
File: 2.jpg (37 KB, 640x421) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
37 KB, 640x421
>>37634255
RICHARD FEYNMAN is being nominated as NOBEL LAUREATE while getting HEAD from EMMA NOETHER while you READ SELF-HELP BOOKS and MEDITATE in the hopes that they will help you become SMART
>>
you should have both
>>
>>37633841
SHE IS LOCO
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.