[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>high cable flys >medium cable flys >low cable flys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: chestflys.jpg (157 KB, 700x399) Image search: [Google]
chestflys.jpg
157 KB, 700x399
>high cable flys
>medium cable flys
>low cable flys
>crossovers

Can you build a respectable big chest with these? I have a fucked up wrist that hurts way too much while pressing. My only goal is aesthetics, nothing else.
>>
Plz halp
>>
WEIGHTED
DIPS
>>
File: Best-simpsons-gifs-jug-hoedown.gif (406 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
Best-simpsons-gifs-jug-hoedown.gif
406 KB, 500x373
>>37631039
Bump, curious too.
>>
>2016
>still wasting time doing fly's

stop it

if you want more chest gains just do another heavy pushing movement, none of this retarded fly shit that does absolutely nothing.
>>
>>37631039
>Can you build a respectable big chest with these?
Of course you can shithead, the only diference from the bench is you are not using your triceps
>>
>>37631439
>>37631453
It seems controversial. Care to explain your reasons?
>>
weighted dips, cable flys and their variations would give you a more respectable chest than benching heavy 1-2x a week
>>
>>37631405
This. I have had a shitty chest for three years and I'm FINALLY noticing gains after adding weighted dips to my routine.
>>
>>37631544
Have you tried wrist wraps? They've helped me a lot. But Flys ate great. Make sure you focus on the movement and chest contrations. Don't round your shoulders and do the movement slowly.my chest isn't the best but they'vethey've developed nicely since I added this accessory.
>>
>>37631544
It's not controversial. It's fact.

A heavy pressing movement like a barbell bench, dumbbell bench, or weight dips, are going to give you 99.9 to 100% of your chest gains. A chest fly is going to do very little, it's a literal MAYBE 0.1% difference, which you could make up for by just doing an extra set of your main lift with a lighter weight at the end of your working sets.
>>
>>37631665
>source: my ass

don't listen to this "le wannabe epic troll"
>>
>>37631715
lmaoing @ your brosplitting no-gains life.

all those hours/days/weeks/months/years in the gym on your bro-split doing bro-silations literally making no gains

how does that make you FEEL?
>>
>Tfw still too weak to do even unweighted dips
>>
>>37631757
THESE are the people who do fly's LOL
>>
>>37631619
Flys ate great? Cmon dumbass
>>
>>37631762
I do weighted dips with 135lbs right now and I use flys after I do my presses because I get a nice stretch and burn with them.

Gotta get the feeling of blood rushing through your chest man, it feels amazing.
>>
>>37631757
>tfw no dip bars in my gym
>>
>>37631665
if you want big anterior delts keep benching, if you want a nice chest invest in some flys
>>
>>37631665
you're a fucking idiot. dumbbell flies absolutely destroy my chest.
>>
Barbell benching is a shitty move for overall chest development, not saying to discount it but dumbell benching or weighted dips supplemented with fly variations would provide much better results. Barbell benching is too anterior delt dominant
>>
>>37631853
People just spout bullshit on this site.

The dumbbell fly is and always will be the GOAT for chest growth. Not saying to skimp on presses, just saying that for a full muscular chest you want to do flys.
>>
>>37631439
I hope this is bait. Flies= aesthetic / wider chest. bench = raw strength / maybe bigger pecks.

and no bigger pecks doesn't always mean more aesthetic you fat fuck. and that comes from a memed bench fag (can't help it, love the movement)
>>
Every time I see this pic I'm reminded of that one pic of Chris-chan next to a pic of Ahnold with the "what will you look like at 27" caption. Fuckin parallel universe Chris is jacked and modeling for fitness anatomy kek
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.