[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Binge eating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Binge.jpg (69 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
Binge.jpg
69 KB, 660x440
Guys.. I think I'm developing a binge eating disorder. Maybe it's because I've been on a big deficit for so long, but I gave myself a planned diet break and went absolutely crazy for 3 days. I must have overate in total by about 15,000 calories. I'm gonna have to stop the break because I know I won't be able to control myself.

I feel like shit, I hate the guilty feelings after a binge and how I've ruined my cut and made myself bloated for days, I can't control myself even though I know I should, and I'm too pussy to bring myself to throw up.

What do? Anyone beat this shit? It's scaring me mang, because I feel like even if I do manage to control myself and stop binging, I'll always be thinking about food, always controlled by it :(
>>
Its inevitable to slip sometimes when you restrict yourself.
How often are we talking about?
>>
>>37625268
Well for these past few months I've only slipped and had crazy binges about twice, and maybe that's not so bad, but now I'm worried because I binged this week 3 times and that's definitely not normal. If it carries on it'll ruin my progress and turn into an eating disorder.
>>
>>37625317
Say fuck it and eat whatever you want for two weeks. Don't count it just eat what you want and whenever you want. In a couple of days you will start eating like a normal portions and get back the healthy relation with food.
This kind of binges you get from a permacutting.
If you want to cut go hard for 2 months max and then get back to normal eating.
>>
>>37625188
Take this from someone with BED, I've been having 2 - 3 binges a week for the past six months and still a similar weight as the beginning. Am 6'4 and 160lbs (used to be 240lbs in the past, my lowest point was 155lbs)

You are not fucking up your cut, it just basically is going to take you a little bit longer to reach your goals as long as your consistent with your training and non-binging days.

I know that the reason for binging is because of a restrictive diet (I am currently only allowing myself to eat natural foods and fasting 20 hours a day). Most of the time, to get rid of the bloating I fast for 36 hours after a binge.

To stop binging you just have to stop restricting yourself, it is that simple. Try to establish a good relationship with food again (there are no bad or good foods). Keep training because you love it and not because you want to look ripped or shredded. Try to live in the moment instead of only looking at the past and future, and remember to stay healthy and happy.

I hope this kind of helped, and if you do develop an eating disorder get some help.
>>
I'm stealing this bread.
How often do you binge brehs?
>>
>>37625438
How big are these binges?

I actually think IF gave me this problem since I'm used to stuffing all my food down myself in a small window.

Maybe there's something wrong with me. I've always had a disgustingly massive appetite even though I've never even been fat (just chubby, still normal on bmi). I can never eat well without counting calories, as I go off the rails if I don't have a set schedule. Eventually I want to be able to eat without counting calories like a normal person but i can't see how that's gonna happen with my weak will to control myself.

I stopped losing weight on my cut (before binging) so I got pissed off after some time and binged. Starting tomorrow anew.

Thanks tho brah, that helped :)
>>
>>37625579
Well, the size of these binges differs. I had binges where'd I go to the local supermarket and buy any type of chocolate/crisps/cookies that I could put my hands on. But also small ones with foods such as big bowls of yoghurt with a lot of oats and fruits.

I have the same problem as you, IF worked pretty well in the beginning but I wanted to stop counting and eat as a normal human being, and that is where it went wrong. If I can give you an advice, stop blaming yourself; these binges are your body taking control over your mind as you are probably in a huge deficit most of the time.

If you really can't get it out of your system, search for professional help. I went from 2 -3 binges a week to one per week (sometimes not even a binge but just a 'cheat meal' such as a few beers or so). Also, if you do gain weight/fat ask yourself if it has any impact on who you are whatsoever.

As I said in my previous post: Live in the moment, you'll make it man.
>>
>>37625627
Yeah now I can recognize it's just my body reacting in the best way it can to being in such a huge deficit, but what makes it feel so bad is the fact that losing a couple of lbs is much much harder and takes much longer than gaining a couple of lbs. So if I stuff myself I'm effectively putting myself back a few weeks.

Thanks again man
>>
>one month of eating nothing but chicken/tuna, rice and broccoli
>completely depressed, go eat a subway
>hungry 2h later

I'm never gonna make it
>>
any tips on how to get rid of the massive bloat and water weight that comes from a big binge quickly?
>>
im on vacation right now for 10 days but ive been trying all summer to lose my bellyfat to get lean

ive already lost almost 80 lbs so im not sure how much more i should cut. been doing cardio primarily
>>
>>37625438

That's not true. If you are cutting and binge for 3 days and eat over 15,000 in those 3 days you are completely ruining the progress you made. 15,000 is a shit ton.

I totally understand cheat meals or cheat weekends...life can get in the way. But 15,000 calories? Better not do that often or you aren't going to be losing weight. Maybe if its a 1 time thing but I have a feeling if you can binge that much in 3 days you might do that again later at some point. You have to have discipline.

If you are a few thousand calories over then I would say whatever no big deal forget about it but 15,000 is a shit ton and can definitely fuck your progress up.
>>
>>37626123
>eat a subway

do you realize how many carbs are in a subway train bro
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.