[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, where do you hold the bar? What grip is best to focus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 600x300
Hey guys, where do you hold the bar? What grip is best to focus on the pecs?
>>
For bench I put my pinky on the rings.
>>
>>37617310
i hope you mean index, because thats nearly a tricep closegrip bench
>>
Depends on the size of the lifter. General rule is: narrow grip works tris more and vise versa.
>>
I out my middle flingers on the rings
>>
I think this depends on how wide your shoulders are. Personally, I place my ring finger on the first ring, sometimes my index finger for a wider grip. I think your want your forearms vertical when the bar is on your chest. If they're canted in, too narrow. Canted out, too wide. Tight lats, elbows 45 degrees to your side.
>>
>>37617322
>>37617324
Anyone got a picture of the two different grips? I've been putting my pinky on the rings as well, if they were any further out I think the bar would hardly move
>>
>>37617362
Would elbows closer to the body work the triceps more? And then elbows flared out wide (90 degrees to the body) work the pecs more?
>>
>>37617419
Allegedly but I personally have not found that to be the case.

What is definitely try is that elbows out puts your shoulders in a risky position.

You can try guillotine presses - they're old school. I tried them and didn't care for them. You may like them.

I really like underhand dumbbell bench presses, hex presses, and lat pullovers for my chest. None of those are elbows out chest movements. I do do flyes though.. And standard and dumbbell bench because they're obligatory.
>>
>>37617386
close grip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEF0bv2FW94

normal grip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT7DgCr-3pg

powerlifters use a much wider grip than other lifters because it decreases their ROM
>>
>>37617550
>breath in on way down.
whatd you say nigger?
what a madman
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.