[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've only browsed /fit/ a few times, but i'm looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: good_vs_bad_posture_infographic.png (535 KB, 1280x828) Image search: [Google]
good_vs_bad_posture_infographic.png
535 KB, 1280x828
I've only browsed /fit/ a few times, but i'm looking for personal experiences/ways to prevent things.

1. Bad posture as a recovering fatty and gaming addict I have a bad slouch i've corrected it pretty good so far, but I just have trouble keeping myself set properly all the time. Is there anything I could do or wear to help train my body?

2. Once again as a recovering fatty i've only been letting myself consume 1,500-2,100 cal a day and I need ways to prevent boredom hunger its a really big problem for me.

3. Rotator Cup in my left shoulder easily comes to pain and im not sure of any workouts that I could do to strengthen it and prevent injury.

Thanks in advance for any info/personal stuff shared. Feel free to ask questions about me. Sorry if I break any rules.
>>
>>37615606
>shilling for some faggot jew website offering some snake-oil nonsense
Please fuck off
>>
>>37616009
Literally a random google picture.
>>
Scooby Rotisserie Core Workout every other day
>>
>>37615606
I think doing rows and deadlifts along with just being more aware will help posture a ton.

Try getting really filling, low calorie foods to snack on like carrots or other veggies. Also baked chicken breast is amazing for fullness for the calories.

Face pulls, rows, and pullups/chinups are really good to fix shoulder problems.
>>
Posture: Core and back strengthening exercises - planks, pull-ups, deadlifts

hunger management - well, I used to be anorexic and I would eat like 800 cals a day. I managed by chewing a shitton of gum and drinking a shitton of water, in addition to having meals with very few calories so I would feel like I was eating a lot

3 - rotator cuff- shit well, that can become an injury, I'd talk to your doctor
>>
>>37615606
1. Lift weights. You'll get to know your body and how to hold it, learn to keep a straight back, etc. After deadlifting or rows, I walk with far better posture for the rest of the day.
>>
File: 1466362742346.jpg (551 KB, 1280x828) Image search: [Google]
1466362742346.jpg
551 KB, 1280x828
>>37615606
>>
File: hmm.jpg (17 KB, 300x221) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
17 KB, 300x221
>good posture
>a fucking messenger bag
>>
>>37616490
Never heard of that one, but i do need to start doing a core workout its where most of my fat is
>>37616526
I do rows for back, but i dont have anyone to show me how to deadlift properly. Im pretty picky when it comes to veggies so its hard.
Not sure what a face pull is, but i can do pull/chin ups.

>>37616526
Refer to above^ I didn't think about chewing gum at all thats a pretty good idea, i try water but it doesn't work all the time.

>>37616552
I do lift weights, I know how to hold it its just i can't constantly think and do it I need a way to get my body to do it subconsciously also refer to above about dead lift^
>>
>>37616579
You try to walk UPRIGHT and get ignored while CHAD literally SLOUCHES and gets LAID
>>
>>37615606
as a guy who used to have terrible posture and a slouched right shoulder (still a slight issue, gaming/computerwork) I can tell you the following:

1. Rows, Deadlift and Over Head Press has done wonders for my posture and shoulder health. I also used to do facepulls (with focus on using external rotators) which helped ALOT.

2. No input

3. There are several things that might help alleviate it. Im going to assume that it is either supraspinatus or infraspinatus that hurts (pic related), and not teres minor (again, pic related). Direct isolation work towards them are done most easily through "extrernal rotations" and "facepulls". Supraspinatus gets hit by "Military Press", but that exercise can be a pain when pain is already present. Pull Ups hit teres minor/major and strengthening those might help with your problem, and the same goes for strengthening your rhomboideus (scapular retractors, hit well by rows with "scapular squeeze") as well as your trapezius (Deadlift, OHP, Rows).

TLDR: Deadlifts and Rows will help with most of your problems. Doing OHP and Pull Ups to the best of your ability helps further and your "specialized work" should include external rotations and facepulls (ligth with rotatorcuff focus) in the near future.
>>
File: rotatorcuffs.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
rotatorcuffs.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
>>37617696
>>37617696
pic
>>
>>37615606
1) high table, standing desk or squat position: choose your poison
I can't slouch on the couch for more than 5 minutes any more, I'm literally typing this right now in my living room whilst squatting
2) fatties have an higher TDEE. Whilst 1500~2100 is a deficit for a normal guy, it would be a too high deficit if you're morbidly obese.
Eat a lot of veggies, salads and whole foods. Anything high in fibres.
3) don't use machines for shoulder press and the like. Use dumbbells for any exercise involving shoulders (even bunch press). Don't do flys, if you really have them in your routine check your scapula are locked. Exercise in front of the mirror and check your symmetries. Have a non-jew PT/gymbro spot you.
>>
>>37615606
For good posture just go join the military seriously, I got in bootcamp looking like someone who's spent his whole life playing vidya because I was. Fucked up shoulders and forward head and messed up lordosis.
Came out with perfect posture, perfect everything . Mainly because of daily exercise and stretching and standing at attention all the time.
>>
>>37617696
Ill definately look into adding these into my routines, and I would say its the supra because it feels more in that top part of my shoulder. I need to find someone to show me properly how to dead lift no one at my gym does it and the pts are idiots and fat

>>37617768
I mean i can conciously keep myself pulled back my body just naturaly reverts to the slouch when im like sitting on something that doesnt have a solid back. My diet is on point 2100 is the intake for 180 lbs and im at 220. I just get boredom hunger bad. I cant do flys anyways because they hurt too much and idk if id be able to not use the shoulder press machine for presses.

>>37618916
Thats more of a future thought for me currently Id have to be 180lbs to get into anything other than the army.
>>
>>37615606
Sleep on the FLOOR. I'm not even fucking kidding you, sleep on the floor with some minimal padding, just enough so you don't feel a pinch in your body and sleep ON THE FUCKING FLOOR. It's actually a hundred times better than any bed.
>>
>>37619428
ill have to look intos this but idk sounds like it would cause pain
>>
>>37619405
>I mean i can conciously keep myself pulled back my body just naturaly reverts to the slouch when im like sitting on something that doesnt have a solid back.
Does not compute. You literally can't slouch if you're squatting. Squat like a slav. lrn2squat when you watch tv, use the laptop, read. That, or use a standing desk
>I just get boredom hunger bad.
Fibres and vegetables will help you make feel full. Drink a lot of water. Don't eat refined foods, especially foods with refined grains and with free sugars. For a definition of "free sugars", look up the description of those by the WHO
>I can't do flys
ok
>idk if id be able to not use the shoulder press machine for presses.
can you lift your arms above your shoulder? yes? you can use dumbbells. Weights with dumbbells will be a lot different than with machine. Do NOT use machines if you have pain because of the forced paths. Even if you have to use 2kg dumbbells for shoulder press, it will be fine. With dumbbells you won't impinge anything and weights are more challenging.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.