[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cold Showers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: ColdShower.jpg (98 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
ColdShower.jpg
98 KB, 640x427
Are cold showers a meme?
I have really bad skin and recently switched to cold showers. No bro science please.
>>
I like them because they're refreshing
>>
Try them. I used to have them about a year ago when we had a hot summer and kept having them into winter. It felt much better getting out of a cold shower than a hot one after a run. It also helped my acne, I think.

I stopped having them because I like having hot water to shave, and it's much easier to clean yourself with. It's been a long time since I've had a long shower where I let my thoughts flow down the drain with the water.
>>
>>37615509
>>37615551
Ye, since switching I really enjoy them, find them relaxing compared to hot showers, I just wanted to know what is more effective for bad skin
>>
>>37615492
My water heater broke, and I recently endured a month of cold showers. My skin has never been in worse condition. It's constantly dry, and everyone tells me i look like shit. My hair also fell out at a more accelerated rate (have mpb), and I got terrible itchiness and dandruff. Cold showers did NOT make me feel any different throughout the day except for being freezing cold after a shower. COLD SHOWERS ARE A MEME
>>
>>37615582
Damn dude sorry. And thank you
>>
>>37615604
One good thing I will say is that eventually you will get very used to the cold water after a week or two. Fortunately I got the water heater issue resolved, and all the symptoms I previously had vanished.
>>
>>37615492
Is it 100 degrees outside, you were working hard, running, riding a bike for hours? Need to workout tomorrow, too? A cool shower can speed recovery, especially if it's a soak in cool (not freezing cold!) water.

But if it's wintertime, or it's not warm out, and you're not warm to start with? Not a good idea, you can actually make yourself sick that way. There's a reason a cold virus is called what it is, it's because it thrives in temperatures that are below your normal body temperature. Lowering your body temperature by showering in cold water when you're already cold can open the door to a viral infection. In some of you, who have a low metabolism in the first place, you could even get hypothermia if you over-do it.

So generally speaking, there are few health benefits to cold showers, and then only in certain circumstances, and many health risks to them that you should avoid.

So: Cold showers are, largely, a meme.
>>
Cold showers feel amazing but not just by themselves.

Generally after a gym session I take a hot shower to get clean and then turn the temp down to cool off, otherwise I just find myself sweating all night. I was forced to take only cold showers during a water heater failure like someone else described in this thread and it fucking sucked.
>>
Ive been taking cold showers pretty much exclusively for a few months and no noticeable impact either way on skin. I do notice psychological benefits (more energy, feeling more "manly" even tho I don't think it's proven to be a test booster).

Taking my fish oil regularly has far more impact on my skin. Eating a can of sardines a day is god tier.
>>
The Ice Man is like fucking superman and he does it all by exposing himself to cold (water). So you wanna be superman or not?
>>
>>37615492
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/shower-mistakes-to-avoid_us_56c764eae4b041136f16d8eb

Take this pro ro science.
I guess cold showers are good for your circulation, though.
>>
>>37615492
luke warm water to start, then gradually colder, then when i'm done i blast myself for a few seconds with frigid cold water
>>
>>37616408
This

I usually clean with bar soap and face wash in warm water and then do the rest of my shower cold
>>
Anybody else feel very vulnerable or fearful while taking a cold shower?
>>
>>37615492
I like cold showers because they cool me down and they feel really nice.

I don't really know if it has any health benefits besides being better for your skin but they feel amazing. Any additional benefits are only icing on the cake.
>>
>>37616296
Breathe, motherfucker!
Seriously though, if you do his breathing shit cold showers are easily bearable.
>>
>>37615492

Cold showers have done nothing but good for me. they're improved my skin and hair quality and are just highly refreshing. Taking hot showers now just makes my skin feel all leathery afterwards.
>>
File: 1_01.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1_01.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
Cold showers are the shit.

I never leave the shower without a 5 min cold burst at the end. I have a 'hand held' shower spray thing, And i dont feel right unless I've passed the cold water over every part of my body.

>Makes me feel alive
>make it so i dont sweat for 10 minutes after leaving the shower
>>
>>37620035

In fact sometimes the water is not cold enough. I love how cold it gets in winter.

also:

>strait into cold shower after brutaly hot run or Muay Thai session = ecstasy
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.