[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to start doing this. What do you think?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: yay or nay.jpg (39 KB, 805x156) Image search: [Google]
yay or nay.jpg
39 KB, 805x156
Going to start doing this.

What do you think?
>>
File: you.jpg (64 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
64 KB, 1024x682
>>37613677
>10 min run
Enjoy losing all of your gains
>>
>>37613690
indeed

my question specifically is should I change it to MON/TUES THURS/FRI instead? maybe do a small session of cardio on saturday too
>>
File: 1423108793354.jpg (9 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
1423108793354.jpg
9 KB, 250x200
>>37613677
>SUN
>REST

pfff never going to make it fuccboi
>>
>>37613677
Holy fuck
Get ready for your lower back injury

>Nab thiddy maaangg
>>
Okay, memes aside, let me tell you whats good and bad.

You got the correct idea that you only need to cycle a few fundamental compound exercises, i.e. - deadlift, squat, OHP, bench and row/pullups. You can add in some isolation after doing these exercises, for example dips after bench press, leg extensions after leg exercise, curls after pull ups and so on.

The only problem is you do not get enough rest- all of the exercises you do hit the body bigtime, and they will be sore for a day or two. So do not do consequtive squats and deadlifts. Cut your 6 days to 3, but do running for 6-7 days, that's different.

PS: As an irrelevant side note, I hope you are planning to do weighted pullups and not just pullups.

Otherwise, good luck.
>>
not enough information.

if your set/rep scheme and intensities are like those of a program like easy strength, then sure, it should be fine but probably difficult to appropriately progress. if you're pushing it every session, then is certainly going to end badly.
>>
File: 1453414528322.jpg (459 KB, 900x1467) Image search: [Google]
1453414528322.jpg
459 KB, 900x1467
>squatting, deadlifting, benching, rowing, AND doing pull ups and dips 3 times a week

have fun with actually killing yourself slowly - put in accessories and chill your ass out with the compounds, you're either going to die trying to pull this off longer than 3 weeks or you're going to make literally no gains having only a day of rest in between each muscle group
>>
>>37613978
>>37614097

This, working out isn't what builds muscle, it's the time you're resting and eating - working out the muscles constantly with only a single day of rest is going to fry you and your muscles out and fuck with your CNS
>>
Who the fuck actually takes rest days? Eat enough, get enough sleep and you'll be fine. If your muscles hurt 2 days after working them something is wrong or you're just new.
>>
why do you niggers keep trying to reinvent the wheel?

just do SS or SL, don't try to mess with what isn't broken
>>
>>37614564
Why is it so hard for people to understand that those are beginners routines? It's in the name for fuck's sake, "Starting" Strength.
It's meant to be done for some months to build basic strength and learn the form of the main lifts, then you change to something else.
>>
>>37613677
It's good but I'd advise some volume on Sunday. You shouldn't be taking any rest days. Jesus (God) did that and look what happened to him.
>>
>>37613721
Why are you doing cardio?
>>
>>37614509
Rest days aren't about muscles hurting you clueless DYEL moron.

Jeez the amount of fucking idiotic bullshit people post on here. Don't give advice if you actually think that muscles grow in the gym.
>>
>>37615511
NO
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.