[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /f/it, im pretty underweight (M, 19, 5"11, 110) and have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1418621034814.png (41 KB, 714x448) Image search: [Google]
1418621034814.png
41 KB, 714x448
Hi /f/it, im pretty underweight (M, 19, 5"11, 110) and have severe depression. wondering if you guys have any tips on motivating yourself to go to the gym? I want to go but I just can't make myself.
>>
Fuck the gym why don't you hit the kitchen first.
>>
"You either get results or excuses. Never both."
-Arnold Schwarznegger
>>
>>37612252
>im pretty underweight
>and have severe depression

Yeah, no shit.

Your parents should be put down for being so fucking irresponsible.

Actually eat something anytime. Count your calories, lift.
>>
Eat a shit ton until you weight at least 145, if you lift and don't do cardio (burns off any good fat you have left and makes you lose weight) you should be looking skinny strong.
>>
File: 1465826767139.jpg (283 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1465826767139.jpg
283 KB, 1000x1333
Here you go
>>
Gym is fun. You think otherwise because your head is filled with demotivating thoughts. Just go to the gym despite those thoughts, it'll become a habit eventually and you'll so it without thinking.

Until you prove to yourself that you can go to the gym, you won't feel motivated. It's impossible to feel motivated to do something you believe yourself incapable of doing. It's not impossible to do it anyway.
>>
>>37612252
I have a great cure for depression: Stop being a whiny bitch.
Read the sticky.
>>
SS + POB&JAD
>>
>>37613086
I had (have) the same problem as op, but I find the hard part is forcing yourself to eat, going to the gym is relatively easy, and you can always drink some caffeine and be good to go
>>
lifting is the best medicine for depression. It'll make a man out of you and toughen you up a bit. You'll get so fired up about it that you will want to eat
>>
>>37612252

5-HTP 200-300 mg ED, spread it thru the day so you don't get dizzy
>>
>>37612252
This is a problem. If you force yourself to go to the gym you'll be lifting just to get it out of the way and won't really be pushing yourself
>>
>>37612306
Pointing out the obvious
>>
>>37612252
Start by getting rid of the thought that you "can't" make yourself, you just choose not to

You have the ability, so use it

Also what >>37613829 said

t. depressed guy who still manages to lift multiple times a week
>>
>>37612252
Cocaine leave humanity behind
>>
You are not under weight everyone else is over weight. You should just drink water when you are hungry until full. Then float away in the wind, away from the haters.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.