[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: unnamed.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Other thread is dying

I'm on SS. How many reps should I be doing for chin ups if I want size? I read I should be doing 3xF, but isn't that for endurance? I can do about 12 perfect chin ups. Should I just do 3x8?
>>
>>37592223
do 3x8-12. If you can do 12, start adding weight.
>>
Guys, I have a serious dilemma here.

I just got a job in construction and it is very physically demanding. My body is always sore and tired. How can I train doing this shitty work?
>>
How can my friend improve his grip strength?

He's fit, but has broken both his arms numerous times. The left one has no grip. When I mean "no grip" I mean the guy simply can't get a hold of anything heavy. He says his whole hand feels detached.

Form is good. He goes in for the deadlift and his left hand loses it at like 100kg. It's limiting him.

tl;dr how can someone with no grip due to bone issues get grip
>>
Need help figuring out what my 'activity level' is for calorie tracking purposes.
I work about 4 shifts a week of about 7 hours worth of lugging bags of dirt around, and work out 3 times a week.
Am I moderately active, active, or very active?
Trying to gain weight and it seems the more I eat the less I gain.
>>
>>37592306
Endurance
>>37592320
That sounds like something a doctor should help you out on. Sounds like it has to do with neurology if he cant maintain a grip
>>
>>37592326
just leave it at the lowest activity level possible.
>>
>>37592393
Why?
Im losing weight eating at a bulking diet of 'moderate activity', lowering it would be worse wouldn't it?
>>
>>37592425
how about you increase your calories instead of worrying what your activity level is? Those calculators are best guesses. No one can accurately tell you what your activity level is unless you're strapped up to heart rate monitors.

Increase your calories. Are you gaining weight? no? Increase it more until you are.
>>
>>37592449
Alright, thanks
>>
>>37592223
3x5 chin up.

Never understood why people dont treat it as a main lift, as greyskull does.

>>37592282
Definitely add weight.

>>37592320
Farmers carry, dead hangs, static holds, single arm deadlifts, maybe one of those meme captains of crush, if his shit is super weak

>>37592306
Your body will adapt to an in reased stress load over time.

Your lifts just might stall or regress more frequently, which is fine, just take some more rest days to recover.

Eventually you will know yourself enough to know roughly what frequency, volume, and intensity is right for you.

>>37592337
His grip doesnt give out until ~50kg in the left hand or so, it sounds like

So, weak af, not nonexistent.
>>
File: 1465826555854.png (104 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
1465826555854.png
104 KB, 500x336
I'm going to get all 4 wisdom teeth removed in about 30 minutes. On a scale of 1-10 how badly is this going to suck ass?
>>
>>37592644
They put me out when I had my four removed. Woke up, was all fucked up on drugs. They wore off, pain was horrible, face was jacked up for like a month.
>>
>>37592676
I've read the paperwork, apparently they're doing a conscious sedation for me. That means I have to be awake for 2 hours whilst being loopy as fuck as they apply jackhammers to my jaw.
>>
>>37592601
You can treat chinups as a main lift (3x5), but that's for strength. In OP's case, he wants hypertrophy
>>
Posted this yesterday but got no replies
For the past few months when I do squat, high bar mind you, my right elbow has been farther back than my left and I think this is causing the uncomfortableness/pain in my right trap I've had for the past month
video, though you can't see it that well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlaPtccU7rY&feature=youtu.be [Open]
how do i fix this? I am able to pull my elbow back into position during the squat without any kind of pain or uncomfortableness, but during heavy lifts I tend to ignore it/forget about it
in the vid I'm doing 135 but i currently am at 245 for 3 reps
Also no I'm not looking to the side during squats
>>
File: image.png (42 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
image.png
42 KB, 1008x1008
>>37592703
Hi newfag dyel
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w

Watch that vid, understand this pic, then kindly go fuck a cactus for giving fitness advice when you have precisely zero fitness expertise

>>37592644
Just dont be a pussy and munch your prescribed opiates.
>>
>>37592326

All you can really do is guess, and adjust as you go based on your results over time.
>>
>>37592711
There is no fixing it, except conscious effort, and actively being aware of it on heavy sets.
>>
there are 3 different barbell bench presses, right?
normal, upwards and downwards.
Should I do all of them or only one?
Doing chest + biceps on the same day if that matters.
>>
>>37592742
>Watch that vid, understand this pic, then kindly go fuck a cactus
kek at this autistic rage
>>
Made a thread but nobody responded.

So I'm about to start greyskull and try to consume 3000 calories a day. I'm a 5'9 manlet and weight 150.

My one question is, is it okay to cardio/core on weekends? I'm afraid I'll end up like Zach without it.
>>
>>37592644
as long as you follow the directions they give you you'll be 100% in less than a week
>>
>>37593115
More than that.
Aside from incline (what you call "upwards") and decline ("downwards") there are many many bench grip variations, from reverse grip bench, to spoto or board press, floor press, and lots of other useless shit.

Incline is for targeting the clavicular head of the pectoral (upper chest) whereas decline is primarily the sternal.

If you arent actively trying to target one or the other, stick to flat bench. When you want a joocy upper chest get that incline bench up.
If you want more lower chest, either dips or decline bench.
>>
>>37593307
thanks for the conclusive reply m8. appreciate it.
>>
File: 1506024085_010.jpg (100 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1506024085_010.jpg
100 KB, 750x500
Recently picked up running on a treadmill for cardio after lifting. I've never done it before and my shins hurt like hell due to bad technique.
Now I'm working on forefoot striking and it already feels much better.

I'm wondering if pic related shoes are ok for running or should I buy some proper running shoes? Any recommendations?
>>
>>37593400
Don't run, or only do sprints on grass barefoot.

Running is garbage-tier cardio, compared to barbell complexes, or even kettlememes.
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

Intense sprinting is the exception, but since you suck at running i wouldnt recommend it.

You could do burpees or someshit. Just stay anaerobic. Generally babyweights help ensure the activity is anaerobic
>>
>>37593147
Just bants, lad
>>
>>37593149
3,000kcal sounds like waay to big of a deficit for a 150lb manlet.

I am taller and 25lb heavier, i bulk at 2750kcal

You cant "forcefeed" gains. You are only going to grow so much muscle per week, you shouldnt really be trying to gain more than .5lb a week as a natty. Any more than that is uselessly getting fat.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ud7CnPJcK6U
>>
>>37593475
>deficit
Surplus*
Herp derp
>>
File: 1445959033437.png (326 KB, 800x804) Image search: [Google]
1445959033437.png
326 KB, 800x804
>>37593400
>forefoot striking
no. see pic

>those shoes
Also no. If you want to continue running, get proper running shoes

>shins hurt like hell
Might be shin splints. You might need orthopedic insoles.
>>
>>37592223
What would be the problem with doing a ppl routine as opposed to something like ss if looks are my only concern.
>>
>>37593475
Yeah I used a calculator and got that number. I was thinking 3000 was a lot too. How much would you suggest then? 2500?
>>
>>37593439
Didn't read the whole thing but

>If you chose to run, make sure you understand the real reasons why you're running. You're running for performance enhancement, sport specific training, stress relief, general health, an endorphin rush, to prove something to yourself, or just because you like to do it. That's fine.

>But if you're running to drop body fat, remove that last little layer of flab from around your midsection, or look good at the beach, you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

I qualify for the first group and won't just give up because I started dumb.. There might be better exercises but I like it.
>>
>>37593512
Ppl is designed for intermediates.

Weekly progression instead of progression every single training session means you are getting 1/3rd the gains you would on a novice program that has 3x the frequency

I am on a ppl right now, and would never recommend it to a novice.
It is for when the gains trains slows down, and you need weekly progression anyways, so ppl allows high volume.
Stick to ss or greyskull or reg parks
SL and ICF is meh... I never recommend em.
>>
Been to gym for a few weeks now, but I have yet to get doms or have my legs be anymore than somewhat sore, I feel like I'm putting in effort and the weight is appropriatly difficult for me.

Am I not lifting heavy enough or do some people not get that sore?

I'm 20 btw
>>
>>37593443
sick bants bro xD
>>
>>37593538
Enjoy your fucked up joints by age 50, and your dyel skinnyfat physique, and elevated cortisol, and decreased test, fgt.
>>
>>37593570
Sorry for hurting your fee fees ;_;
You all better now?
>>
>>37593506
>no. see pic
Yeah that's actually what I'm trying to do. Might have gotten some terms wrong from mainly watching vids about it. Thanks for that pic tho

>If you want to continue running, get proper running shoes
What I figured, I just don't know which or what to look for

>Might be shin splints
Yes according to my research. Took a break and no pain anymore and I try to avoid getting there again.
>>
>>37593566
DOMS is a symptom of an undertrained muscle.
If you no longer get them, that means you are training sufficiently

>>37593517
I dont know, man. I was gonna peruse a few macro calculators (iifym is what i usually prefer) and see what i could see, but my interbutts is being retarded and not loading them...
I would start with something like 2700 and monitor your weight.
If it goes up too fast (bear in mind you will assuredly gain some water weight) then eat less.
Not fast enough, eat more.
>>
>>37592223
In my routine I had DB Flyes. However it started to hurt my shoulder joints real bad.

I have been reading up on this exercise and a lot of people, and even doctor say that this does nothing for the chest, and you best just stick with bench presses.

Is this true. Are flyes useless for the chest as they only target a small muscle near the armpit?
>>
>>37593626
Thanks pal. I'll try 2700 out then. Seems like less of a pain
>>
>>37593646
Pretty much useless for natties, yeah.

You can use it as an accessory to damage a few more fibers, after you stimulat growth with bench.

Attempting to progressively overload the pectoral with them is generally a poor idea, unless you have microplate that fit adjustable dumbbells
>>
>>37593646
Also, if you do flyes on the ground, it is supposed to prevent/alleviate the shoulder pain associated with chest flyes
>>
>>37593646
I do a couple of sets after bench pressing but I'd beliefe it doesn't really make a difference for casual lifters at least
>>
>>37593672
>>37593686
>>37593693
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>37593572

do people here delude themselves to thinking that weightlifting is somehow not damaging to the body and running is?
>>
File: 1318560407164.jpg (65 KB, 587x558) Image search: [Google]
1318560407164.jpg
65 KB, 587x558
Guys I think I may have fucked my shit up

>sunday
>workout for first time in a long time
>decide to deadlift
>get a little ambitious
>deadlift a little more than I should have been
>feel strain in back
>stop and leave
>decide to take break
>back is sore for days
>woke up this morning
>back feels fine, can bend up and down with relative ease
>do some squats
>little bit of back soreness comes back
>do some OHP
>finish up
>get home
>back suddenly much more sore than the first day
>can't even bend 90 degrees
>have to periodically stand after sitting on computer chair

so clearly I fucked up, is rest the only thing I can do at this point?

I will not be going back until I am sure I am 100% again, although I fear this may happen again
>>
>>37593732
there's an inherent degree of joint impact force in running

there is not in weightlifting.
>>
>>37593743
Rest, and perhaps some massage. Have you tried some yoga to gently stretch your back muscles.

Just keep it warm and don't strain it. The body can take a whole lot more before it breaks.
>>
Are TEST BOOSTERS a meme? or should I be adding them to my diet? BB.com has a special on test booster supplements and am considering buying it with muh protein
>>
>>37593743
You'll be fine, had the same happen to me a few weeks back but it was because i did a lot of deadlifts more than usual
>>
>>37592223
Dyel reporting in. How do I increase my bench press? I'm currently doing SL 5x5
>>
>>37593908
Add 5-10 additional pounds every 2 weeks, try with 10 if its too much then 5
>>
I've been on SS for about 6 weeks now but I'm not that happy with my results. Mainly because I want to have bigger arms. I've made great results, went from 45 to 140 on my squats and have 130 on my bench now.
Should I break off into Greyskull LP?
>>
Is a "1 a day" section type workout good?
mon arms shoulder
tues chest
weds back and abs
thurs legs
fri muh dik etc

Or will I get too burnt out or sore during the workout?
>>
>>37593819
>>37593885
hopefully you guys are right

I only deadlifted 1 plate (srs) but i'm glad I didn't get overambitious and attempt more
>>
>>37593926
holy shti in 6 weeks? are you counting the bar in that weight?
>>
>>37594007
Oh dude you'll be fine, I dl 100 pounds, literally lmao 1 pl8 + 5 i was
>>37593885
>>
SO, i dont want to go into cut mode because i fucking hate feeling hungry.
So this is what ive been doing this past week.
>Breakfast: The gool ol roasted and soaked oatmeal cooked on water with no sugar and a splash of milk at the end just to loosen up the texture, about 1 regular sized bowl.
>Hit the gym
>Starving
>I eat a SHIT TON of something of the following: raw tomatoes, mexican yam bean, or cucumbers with a dash of key lime
That helps to endure till about 3PM
>Then i have a regular meal (some type of meat).
>If hungry repeat the whole tomatoes ordeal.
And thats it.
Tomorrow im gonna weight in and see if it worked.
Do you guys think this is retarded?
I mean fucking tomatoes have like what? 25cals each? And all that shit is mostly water with fiber right?
>>
>>37594013
Yeah, I am.
>>
Someone explain what use incomplete proteins are. Can the body use them to successfully synthesize protein on their own?
>>
>>37593880
No seriously will these things help or not at all?
>>
File: very hard.jpg (52 KB, 600x1060) Image search: [Google]
very hard.jpg
52 KB, 600x1060
>>37593232
I'm back, it wasn't bad at all. I never felt loopy or anything. I still can't feel my jaw and most my face but my thoughts haven't changed at all from what I can tell.

I will probably not feel so nice when this shit wears off though.
>>
>>37593598
>I just don't know which or what to look for
Just go to the store. If you're willing to fork over some cash, get your feet measured/checked at the store or something. If not, google.
Good luck m8
>>
>>37593908
I stalled a bit after certain weight.
Then i did this:
4x10 my max, it took me like 2 weeks to get the 100% of the series
Then i did
4x12 my max when i did 100% i went to 4x15
Came back to 4x10 with more weight.
>>
File: hajime what's going on.png (640 KB, 1280x717) Image search: [Google]
hajime what's going on.png
640 KB, 1280x717
>>37592223
My back pops when doing vacuums. Is this normal?
>>
>>37593754

source: some article written by a weightlifter

you could look towards reality and notice that most distance runners don't deal with any significant injuries while weightlifters regularly tear up their body.

> but if you do everything correctly there wont be any problems! you just have bad form!

literally everyones form eventually breaks down if they push themselves. picking up stuff can be technical and fucking up happens

you are 100% delusional about your sport if you actually believe what you're typing or you just never go outside
>>
>>37594140
Thanks.
>>
>>37594005
Brosplits are garbage.

Follow a novice routine.

>>37593926
Stick to the program.

You are SUPPOSED to squat much more than you bench
>>
>>37594144
>form breaks down
Not with proper rep schemes..
>>
>>37594067
All "protein" is just a collection of different Minos.

Some of the aminos, but not all of them, is an "incomplete protein". They are still useful, and can be "completed" by the addition of the lacking aminos
>>
How quick will a newbie make progress on the bench? I just picked one up today and put all the weight I own on it. It looks pretty funny being stacked with 95lbs of 10s and 5s so I was going to buy two 45s soon.
>>
>>37593880
All supps are a meme, except roids.
And creatine, which still isnt worth the low cost.

>>37594143
Not normal, but harmless.
>>37594144
>if a weightlifter wrote it, it cant be factually accurate.
>>
>>37594253
Don't kill yourself dude. It sounds like you have a home gym. Don't go straight into 45's just because the barbell looks funny. Work your way up.
>>
Is it if the number of calories you consume everyday fluctuates if you're on a deficit?
I'm supposed to be eating 1500 calories daily but on some days I won't even meet 1000.
>>
>>37594035
not enough protein, bruh
you can try looking into PSMF (search for ebook Rapid Fat Loss by Lyle McDonald), read it thoroughly and decide if you want to try it.
and if you dont, id recommend broccoli, cauliflower and celery sticks, they're filling as fuck and take some time to chew
>>
>>37594253
Following a program, you should be adding 5lbs every training session, for 3-6 months
>>
3rd day on cutting, cravings as hell. Will this end, or should I just eat more filling meals? I'm on 1500 cals
>>
>>37594144
>not knowing what impact forces are
I'll let you figure that one out yourself. pick up a physics book.

and the point is if both are done perfectly, one still inherently carries joint damage if done consistently in the long run.

you are 100% delusional because you go on an autistic rant just because someone told you your hobby is factually injurious instead of looking at whats being said.

sit down child.
>>
>>37594282
more protein
duly noted
>>
They say never skip leg day so you dont look like a twink, but I haven't skipped leg day since starting SS. My legs still look tiny as fuck, mainly my calves. I know my quads are stronger, and they look big. But when I wear shorts, it looks like I have tiny legs. What should I do?
>>
Thoughts on Jarrow's brand unflavored whey protein powder? All I know is that it's cheap, gooby-recommended.
>>
>>37592223
I have a friend who is 2,01 cm tall, weighs 90+ kg. And is shredded. Doesn't lift, but bikes 8 km to school everyday. Know other people who do the same and are pretty lean.

Does biking make you strong, and goodlooking and attractive?
>>
>>37594678
Train your calves.

Progressively overload a muscle, to stimulate growth.

Calf engagement in squat is minimal
>>
>>37594726
Labdoor.com
>>37594804
Any anaerobic cardio will do this, you will just be small by the standards of people who lift.

>>37594277
Dont worry too much about it, but i would chalk it up to inaccurate calorie calculation before anything else.
If you feel fine, you are good.
>>
is there a point where I cant do squat and deadlift heavy in one week? Do people then just do one for like a month and then switch?
>>
My dominant hand is way stronger when doing curls, left hand can't finish the same amount of reps.

what do?
>>
Started lifting 1.5 month ago. I lost 5 pounds of fat and 2 of muscle. Did if fucked up my protein intake or did I mayor completly up? (21% bf)
>>
Should I be doing lat raises 5*5 style with increasing weight every week or so?
>>
why am i stalling on pulling exercises specifically?

why do i experience forearm pain when doing preacher curls? i mean like actual pain, not an expected amount of soreness.
>>
>>37594964
masturbate with left hand for a month.

>>37595196
how do you know you lost muscle? did your lefts decrease?

>>37595313
what for? lat raises help with shoulders, its a small muscle. You dont need a lot of weight to hit it. 3-4x5 at 10-20lbs range along with OHP will be good.

>>37595349
Are you doing other exercises that involved forearm? Maybe they are exhausted.
>>
File: 037.jpg (39 KB, 720x663) Image search: [Google]
037.jpg
39 KB, 720x663
>>37592223
Anyone else make a face like you're about to sneeze when you cum?
>>
>>37595359
>Are you doing other exercises that involved forearm? Maybe they are exhausted.

i mean, most upper body stuff involves forearms to some degree. but specifically, no, only only preacher curls for forearms. it's more than an exhausted kind of pain... it's sharp.
>>
>>37595402
in elbow? or in actual forearm? Big difference so make sure you know for sure which it is. If elbow, you are overusing and could have tennis elbow. If actual forearm try lowering weight. If still painful see doctor.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>tfw left forearm has been flaring up with pain everytime I hit biceps
>tfw can't achieve curl bro PRs
>just
Any medicalfags know what could be causing this searing pain, it's been like this for almost a month now? Never happens when I do other upper body parts, just biceps
>>
>>37594836
Not on labdoor
>>
>>37595442
>>37595460
>Mfw someone already answered my question

Nevermind, I'll schedule a doctor's appointment Monday
>>
Anyone ever have pain behind their knee after squatting? I haven't been able to squat in 2 months because of this. Not sure if its my hamstring or a tendon. Any squatting or bending movements put pain in the area behind my knee.
>go to a doctor
Getting an mri soon, hoping someone can tell me wtf is going on because my doctor told me there is nothing wrong with me
>find new doctor
I probably should
>>
>>37592223
At what weight should you be getting the weight lifting belt and knee pad things for squats? Currently only squating like 180 at 180 pounds but I want to know for future reference. I have weak legs in general from constant ankle and foot injuries so I dont wannt fuck my shit up even more
>>
I'm 6', 184 lb. Started lifting a year ago, best shape of my life. I see some pretty ripped guys at my height and weight, and they look natty. Do I really have to start bulking and cutting to look like them? I was wondering if I could just maintain and slowly become more ripped over the years. Does the same apply to strength? Can I hit 2x bw squat without eating at a caloric surplus all the time?
>>
>>37595442
actual forearm, closer to the wrists than the elbow. on the outside (pinkie side).

lowering weight? shit man, like i said i'm stalling on all pulling stuff.. at t this rate i feel like i'll never make progress...
>>
Is nofap worth doing, or is it bullshit?
>>
>>37595613
forearms arent like legs you cant ego lift with them. But if its ur pinkie side maybe its a pinched nerve. See a doc maybe. Better to take a hr for doc than a month off of gains or an injury.
>>
What's the best way to break a lifting plateau?
I've read after the lift that you're stalling on you should do a few sets with less weight.
I've also read you should try doing heavier weights, but less reps.

Which one is better?
>>
>>37595742
I would just switch to a program that has slower progression
>>
I got a gf and now I just have an extra person to miss. What do? How do I distract myself? My appetitie dwindles when I go too long without seeing her.
>inb4 cuck, faggot, gay, etc

I just really like her /fit/
>>
My squat is far behind my bench press, so I'm going to stop benching and just squat/frontsquat/paused variations/leg press/lunge 5x a week is this good?
>>
started running ~3 weeks ago. Did sprints today instead of my regular jog/walk. Felt so much different afterwards. Much more tired and worn out. Is that normal? I'm pretty fat and out of shape. Should I leave HIIT for when I'm more in shape?
>>
>>37595313
I alternate between heavy sets of 4-6 reps (only like 2-3 sets) and volume sets of 10-15 reps, done rest pause style
>>
>>37594964
Only curl with your right hand as much as you curl with your left.

I.e. Slighty undertrain your right
>>37595491
Fuckit, its all protien, man.
>>37594890
Not really, by the time you reach an intermediate level, your body will have adapted to handling higher loads of stress
>>
>>37596229
HIIT is way diffrent from running/jogging, of course you feel different. It even uses a different metabolic pathway. You don't have to be super in shape to do HIIT, it's just basically balls to the wall cardio in bursts. A fat person might walk up some steps and call it HIIT. In my experience, HIIT is a good way to keep a healthy heart while also minimizing extra caloric loss when still trying to gain mass.
>>
>>37596289
But I keep reading HIIT is better for fat burning than regular jogging. Something about your body burning more calories while recovering.
>>
Why isn't the new thread linked to the last thread?
>>
im a 5'11 135 pound skelly. I have a membership at LA Fitness but have no idea what to do. Ive started to try to eat more and ive done some workouts with my 25 pounds dumbbells and some bodyweight stuff , but it isnt enough. What is a good routine for me?
>>
What are good gyms in NYC?
>>
just drank a white russian, one part baileys , one part vodka , one part scoop of ice cream... that was after my 2.5 hour workout and my post work out protein shake.. Should i feel bad or is drinking once a month passable. this degeneracy is gnawing on my soul friends
>>
Just went and asked for prices at a near gym to where I currently live. It is cheap enough and the gym is okay I guess.
Thing is this is my first time joining a gym and doing exercise really.
Any tips so I don't look any more of a fucking nerd than I already look?
What kind of clothes should I wear?
>>
File: donuts.jpg (29 KB, 381x235) Image search: [Google]
donuts.jpg
29 KB, 381x235
there's all these articles on how cheat meals are beneficial on a cut because it boosts fat burning or something? i don't feel an urge to cheat but if i can do it, and it will still benefit me why not? It just seems like a giant meme.
>>
>>37593926
Just add assistance workouts to SS
Chinups (3xf) to workout A
Dips (3xf) to workout B
>>
I walked 2.21 miles today in 38:17 and one app (actively tracking mph and time; runkeeper) told me I burned 320 calories. I decided to check a couple apps. One said 132 calories (tracking steps; S health), another said 176 (tracking minutes and mph; my fitness pal).

I'm not sure which is most accurate. What do you use? Should I get a pedometer, like a fitbit? I want to make sure my calories burned is the most accurate number it can be.
>>
>>37594393
1500 seems extremely low, are you >5'6"?

If so then up your vegetable intake which will fill you up and not add extra calories.

Also, while the shittiest fish, eat a ton of tilapia. Incredibly lean and low in calories.
>>
A
3X5 Squat
3X5 Overhead press
2XF(add weight at 15reps) Chin-up
2XF Ab-roll-out

B
3X5 Deadlift
3X5 Bench Press
3XF(add weight at 15 reps) Pull-up
2XF Ab-roll-out

AxBxAxBx...

Is this a decent enough routine for a beginner?
>>
>>37596791
*2X5 Deadlift
>>
>>37596726
Cheat meals or cheat days should be days where you adopt the IIFYM. Have a donut, but make sure that you cut corners on some of your other carb intakes for the day or neglect them to stay at your caloric intake goal.

I once ate a 200 calories egg white omelet with a shit ton of leafy vegetables, a cup of low-fat cottage cheese, tons of watermelon, and lean chicken breast for breakfast/lunch just so i could splurge and fill my carb and fat macros with pizza and beer with my buddies. Managed to stay under my TDEE and while not optimal nutrition, still reach my carb and fat goals.

It's about balance with cheat meals. Allow it to fit into your daily meal plan but don't let it discourage you are overtake your desired macros.
>>
>>37596738
If you are bulking, assume the higher estimate
If you are cutting, assume the lower estimate
>>
>>37596834
My main question is, what's an accurate way of counting calories burned?
>>
>>37596900
There are apps for that I think
>>
>>37596952
See original post
>>
Okay so I've gotten to lmao2pl8 deadlifts. When I have the grip with both fingers facing away from me, I have no trouble with sets of 10. Same goes with any mixed grip. But when I grip both hands with my fingers to me, I fucking can't hold onto it past like 3 reps or whatever. What do? Is this what people use chalk for?
>>
>>37597121
Yes
>>
Is there anywhere I can go to look at like a month by month progression of a person bulking? I don't know if I'm doing it right or am just a fat ass or not eating enough or what.
>>
Here's how it goes.

1. I get lonely
2. Wish I had friends and a gf
3. Use various apps to try to get friends or gf
4. Act friendlier to people irl, smile more, talk to people
5. Randomly view a pic of a hot chick and get horny
6. Jerk off
7. Lose all motivation to make friends
8. Find the idea of spending time with other people utterly repulsive
9. About a day passes
10. Repeat from step 1.

This had been going on for a few months now. Is anybody else like this? Feels as though I'm a completely different person with and without sexual release. I was not like this as a teenager or a college student. I don't know how to be happy.
>>
>>37597293

Short response, yes.

But seriously, try joining a team of some sort, if you're in college, an intramural (or however the fuck you spell it) sport or even a gaming group. Something social where other people will expect you to be there helps break the cycle
>>
>>37597121
Do 4 sets of static holds for 7-10 at the end of every training session. Your overhand grip should not be failing at 2pl8 unless you are a woman. Never do deadlifts with a double underhand grip.
>>
>>37597293

I've been going through the same shit, man.

There's really nothing anyone can say to help you because you just have to learn to cope with it.

One thing I will say, though, is maybe consider toning down the friendliness and smiling. Paradoxically enough, people really dislike people who are too amenable(think Gary Grgich from Parks and Rec).
>>
>>37593572
Hyperbole. It all depends on the manner in which you program your running regime. Stop trying to boogeyman the cardio method our bodies are most finely tuned to perform
>>
>>37593572
You know nothing about cardio and its effect on cortisol levels

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18787373
>>
My older brother hasn't worked out consistently in about two years.

I've been pushing myself to get stronger in the last half a year and he's still just way, way stronger than me.

Did he just get really great genetics or does it really take this long to lose muscle mass?
>>
>>37597354

It takes a fair bit of time to lose muscle mass if you're not dropping weight.

There's also a large technical component to being strong which never really goes away.
>>
File: hikers.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
hikers.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Guys, i'm a fatass (270lbs) that has been doing 3 days of cardio a week for a month now, and i recently changed to 5 days of cardio a week (nothing else to do on the summer as a fat student) and i have some questions about cardio

1.- I read somewhere that the ideal bpm for a good cardio session is 150bpm, but my bpm can go as high as 170 or 180 when i'm pushing it to the limit, and i can stay there for 20 mins. Can this harm me in any way or is it actually good for me?

2.- How many calories do 20mins of 190bpm cardio burn? remember that i'm a 275lbs beast (6ft)

Hiking is my cardio btw, something like pic related
>>
File: TO-LIFT-OR-NOT-LIFT.jpg (34 KB, 500x325) Image search: [Google]
TO-LIFT-OR-NOT-LIFT.jpg
34 KB, 500x325
Any point in lifting if plan on fasting the next 12 hours?
>>
>>37596694
First of all, that isn't a white Russian. That said, one anything in a month is just a blip on the radar, as long as you're sticking to whatever you want to stick to.
>>
>>37597508
Cardio, while essential to being healthy, is not going to burn many calories. Think 200 calories for an hour of intense cardio.

You need to focus on diet.
>>
File: 1462929231392.jpg (43 KB, 547x640) Image search: [Google]
1462929231392.jpg
43 KB, 547x640
Lost my big toe due to a work related accident.
It's on my primary foot (right) and I'm wondering how this would affect my squats and deadlifts.
Should I just start on babbyweights and work my way back up?
>>
1) I feel like the only exercises that make me feel the existence of my lats are pullups and chin-ups. All sorts of rows feel like I'm just pulling the weight with my hands. Should I just use babby weights trying to feel the muscle or what? Also, what's your favourite lat isolation exercise?
2) I'm learning to do power cleans and currently I do them from the hang position. It seems that the everytime the bar jumps too much towards me and I have to take a step back. I am not able to correct this error. Any tips?
>>
So, my lifts seem to have stalled majorly on SS, but they're still pretty shit. Is it time to move on to something else or deload and persist? My eating and sleeping habits are fine, so they wouldn't have an effect.
>>
>>37598146
what's your height/weight/lifts
>>
File: s5h3Hyf.jpg (22 KB, 239x275) Image search: [Google]
s5h3Hyf.jpg
22 KB, 239x275
2 days ago I injured myself (tore a muscle, now I have a stiff neck) and can't train for another 3-4 days

I'm on a cut, and the gym is my only physical activity since I have a desk job

Should I keep eating at a deficit even tho I'm not training? I'm worried sick about losing muscle, but it a week shouldn't be a big deal, right?
>>
File: 1401232266584.jpg (150 KB, 1200x852) Image search: [Google]
1401232266584.jpg
150 KB, 1200x852
I need help guys. I've been bulking and I've gained a lot of weight but now I'm stalled at around 166-169lbs. I'm currently trying to eat 3k calories a day @ 5'11.

Thing is, I've bulked since 145lbs from skelemode. I'm still kind of skinny but WOW did I add a lot of fat to my body. It's fucking awful.

I try not to eat fast food, no candy, no soda etc. I eat tons of beans and nuts. I figured I ate clean but I guess not, I am getting fucking fat and it's terrible BUT the mass gains on my arms and legs is awesome. Not worth losing my flat stomach for.

I really need someone to tell me what foods I should be eating and if eating 3k is enough to make gains but not get fat. PLEASE HELP ME. I have 2 months before I leave to university and I need to get in the best shape possible. For example, should my diet be nothing but chicken and rice? HOW DO PEOPLE DIET TO GET LEAN AND BUILD MUSCLE HOLY FUCK I JUST DONT GET IT PLS HELP
>>
File: 1335273807527.jpg (32 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1335273807527.jpg
32 KB, 250x250
>>37595607
You can do that, but I don't think you understand what "slowly" means in this context.

>>37596176
No. There's no reason you can't at least maintain your bench. Also, there's no guarantee you will be able to recover day to day when doing legs all day erry day.

>>37596567
>>37596719
READ THE FUCKING STICKY!!!!!!!
The clothes are actually covered in ss, which is a book y'all should read for at least the technique and programming advice. The diet advice is to be taken with a 1kg bag of salt.

>>37597274
http://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/forum152/

>>37598048
1)I never "felt the existence" of my lats and yet I can do 5 chin-ups with more than 20 kgs strapped to my body. Feeling doesn't mean shit.
2)Read the relevant chapter from ss.
>>
>>37598215
6'
92kg
0.5/1.25/2/2.5
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-05_14-14-42.png (83 KB, 958x177) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-05_14-14-42.png
83 KB, 958x177
>>37598338
You didn't gain fat because you didn't eat clean. You got fat because you ate too much. You should calculate your tdee and eat 500kcal above that.
>>
File: Greyskull+LP.png (37 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
Greyskull+LP.png
37 KB, 700x600
So I found this on fitsticky. How do I progress in weighted dips, curls and lateral raises? Like everything else regarding upper body? Won't I hit the plateau too fast?
>>
File: Green-smoothie1.jpg (66 KB, 275x221) Image search: [Google]
Green-smoothie1.jpg
66 KB, 275x221
Are green smoothies a meme or are they alright?
>>
>>37598240
bumping my own question
>>
When talking about bench weight do you count the weight of the bar? The machine at my gym says that the bar is 10kg which is not negligible.
>>
https://youtu.be/7AtornpgRL8?t=2m47s

What is this exercise called?
>>
>>37598947
of course you do, why wouldn't you?
>>
>>37598947
the bar is 10kg, but since each hand is lifting that you need to add 20kg to the total.
>>
So I just finished my cut and switched back to bulking. I've gained 2.5kg in a week and freaked the fuck out.

Apparently you're supposed to ramp things up slowly, and while it seems like common sense I've not heard of it anywhere.

If this is true, how much should I be bumping up my calories per week?
>>
Does when you sleep mater how much as the amount of time spent sleeping? Due to reasons outside of my control I can only get about 4-6 hours at night but I fit in a 2-3 hour nap later in the day. Is this ok? Can recovery happen during the nap?
>>
File: 1465500573440.jpg (38 KB, 536x503) Image search: [Google]
1465500573440.jpg
38 KB, 536x503
HEY, EARLY MORNING BREHS....

The only powder(s) I can reliably get my hands on:

>Six Star 100% Whey Protein, Elite Series
>Six Star Mass Gainer, Elite Series
>BodyLogix Men's Protein

Which one should I get???
>>
sounds dumb, but I got my own cum in my eye like 1 hour ago and it still sort of stings. However sometimes my eyes sting when my allergies flare up, is cum meant to sting for this long or do you guys think its my allergies?
>>
>>37599178

It's ok. 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep is pretty much the minimum for normal test production and such. Rest can be napped. Might not be optional but it's "safe" anyhow.
>>
If i can get to the gym for 3 hours 3 times a week, is there anything wrong with doing a full body workout when i go?
Do people mainly split their workouts because they go more frequently for less time?
>>
>>37593908
eat moe
>>
File: 1325086086873.png (706 KB, 468x695) Image search: [Google]
1325086086873.png
706 KB, 468x695
>>37599150
Lyly mcdonald wrote about this, look him up. He says, spend 2 weeks maintaining after a cut so your hormones balance out. After that, tdee + 500kcal.
>>
File: Movie.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Movie.webm
1 MB, 854x480
Can I get a form check on my deadlift? My form has been pretty shit, and I've been feeling a little pain in my lower back, so I've been trying to fix my form. I did 150kg in the first part, had to switch grips because the bar started slipping, which is why I hadn't fully locked out at the end.

Second part is 160kg. I had managed 180kg three days ago as a 1rm, but I couldn't even do 170kg today. Maybe it's because I fried my CNS by going as heavy as I can twice a week.
>>
what i see all around is that any more than a 500 calorie surplus (pound weight gain per week) is just making you fat and not building more muscle.

my question is, how do you accurately measure whether you're gaining a pound per week? water weight fluctuates, your weight fluctuates throughout the day. how do you know?
how often and when do you weight yourself?
>>
>>37597313
I've done supplemental research and your advice seems solid all around. Thanks man, insults aside.
>>
Could you ask your teacher to intentionally give you a lower grade? Not so you can fail and do the curse again, but simple asking for a lower mark that what you received at the end of your oral exam? What exactly would happen? Not lowering it so I actually fail, but still lowering it from a A to D. I'm considering this just to see their reaction and idgaf
>>
>>37600203
Why would you do that?
>>
>>37600203

Cause I have self esteem issues and the probability of me getting a good grade is high. But I want a low score so I have tangible proof that I suck.
>>
>>37599736
First rep was good. You need to be patient so you don't pull yourself out of position. Look and the back rounding in the 2nd rep. Nothing alarmingly bad, just get a better setup and hump the bar when it gets to around the knees. You to use more ass. You have a softish lockout
>>
For the last two.weeks I've really struggled with food. I've had this tightness in my.stomach and I'm practically forcing myself to eat sometimes.

What could it be and what can I do about it? I'm not ill as far as I know.
>>
>>37600235
Why didn't you do bad in the exam?
>>
>>37600235

It was a group assignment. You only get 1 grade at the oral examination which also takes the written assigment into consideration.
>>
>>37599883
anyone?
>>
>>37600289
If you are asking me to intentionally do bad, I won't do that. If I know what they are asking about, I'm gonna give them the answer.

I just wan't a lower grade. Any anons with experience on this thing?
>>
How long should I do no rap for?
>>
I'm trying to do GOMAD because I am hungry skeletor mode. Everyone says drinking water is important for gains, should I also drink a lot of water while on gomad? Or is milk sufficient? Putting more than 4 liters of liquid a day into my body feels like way too much.
>>
I have alopecia barbae (something like that) my left side burn has a pretty big patch.
Went to the doc, he gave me anti fungal cream.

What do /fit/?
>>
>>37600433
shove it up your ass
>>
>>37600354
Never nigga
>>
>>37600288
Most likely stress. Is something bothering you?

Sometimes I get a throat thightness and can't eat/lose hunger because of a goddamn grill.
>>
>>37601875
Yeah, a friend of mine who I am close to had a nervous breakdown, leaving me in an awkward state of is she OK, are we together, what can I do to help her, etc.

I could understand the first few days, but it's two weeks later. I know she's in a rough situation, but getting the help she needs. I understand that decisions on being together and stuff is not the right time.
>>
How many lbs can YOU put on during a bulk before you start to lose your abs?

First bulk here, 20lbs over 11 months, surprisingly still have abs a bit but have lost my cuts almost everywhere else besides delts and chest
>>
I'm still only benching lmao1pl8 but I can always feel the ligaments in my left shoulder popping or moving around on the way down. It doesn't hurt but it's more uncomfortable, it feels like it will be dangerous to put more weight on it.

The only way I can prevent this from happening is by tucking my left arm almost to my waist on the way down which is obviously not ideal form. The more perpendicular my arm to my body the more it pops.

wat do?
>>
Until which point does volume correlate with hypertrophy?

For a wild example, imagine I do 1000 bodyweight pushups daily, and that it amounts to more volume than a bench press session at whatever weight I can do.

Would that mean I'll get bigger doing pushups than benching? Is there a cutting point where if the weight is too small the amount of volume you do won't matter?
>>
It's okay to do lateral raises and facepulls on consecutive days, right? The medial Delt work from facepulls shouldn't be enough to cause an issue.
>>
>>37602200
The generally accepted level is 12-15 reps. Once you surpass that, you're getting too light.
>>
>>37602200
I think you should change your thinking and instead ask how much work is necessary to get stronger in whatever rep range you're working. this will depend on your level of training advancement and a bunch of other factors, but the whole point of resistance training is to increase the resistance over time. if you can do that you get bigger and stronger.
>>
>>37602101
>2 pounds a month
you call that a bulk
>>
>>37602865
I do 4-5 a month. Is th-that okay senpai?
>>
>>37602865
I'm not on steroids. You can't build 4lbs of muscle in a month, 2lbs will be fat. Why do that?
>>
File: chick.jpg (162 KB, 750x1127) Image search: [Google]
chick.jpg
162 KB, 750x1127
Has anyone else gotten really grumpy/depressed after quitting alchohol? I've found that I don't enjoy normal things as much as I used to and I get annoyed/agitated a lot quicker. How long did it take untill this went away?
>>
>>37600235
>>37600203
its not edgey or cool, don't fuck with your grades.
>>
I did squat bench and deadlift yesterday, as well as some accessory lifts like dips and sit ups and shit. I am currently doing Sean10mmss, and only started taking lifting seriously a few months ago. I was a runner and cyclist before(and pretty damn good) so my legs are way overpowered and my bench is weak. Would it fuck up recovery to do 200 pushups and 50 pull ups today, as well as some other bodyweight shit? Also, I have been trying to get my arms bigger and my gym is small so I do curls while waiting for equipment to open up, but will it make my muscles too tired for bench and ohp if I do curls every work out?
>>
anyone else 6'4 here? how long did it take you to leave dyel mode?
current weight is 190 pounds (at 14-15% bf if I can trust my scale)
What should be my goal weight and when should I start cutting down that bf?
>>
So I was trying to not fap for 6 days while my girl was out of town but she was dead set on breaking my will and sent me lewd shit all morning. Already fapped twice, gonna see her tomorrow at 8pm. It's not like I can't get it up but I kinda wanted bang her with 6 days of pent up arousal. Anything I can do/take today to kinda put some extra gas in the tank?
>>
>>37603417
5 hr energy
>>
>>37593439
do you have any good routines? or should i just do burpees till i collapse
>>
>>37603417
edging + high-test pr0n
>>
>>37594413

i dont run, i weightlift. im just not a delusional mong like yourself

i graduated college. you probably took intro to mechanics last year and pretend like you have any idea how to apply it to human anatomy

you arent perfect nor is anyone else. there's no point in analyzing under idealistic scenarios when you can look at the actual real world data: most runners do not deal with pain or injuries. lifters do regularly
>>
>>37594260

> I barely graduated high school so I don't know what bias could possibly mean
>>
>>37603556
>college
so impressive you completed college m8. you must be like, a doctor or something. did you pass first go aswell?

>taking a mechanics course to understand joint impact forces
kek

keep showing off the superiority complex with your autistic rants.
>>
File: 1464415350181.jpg (71 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1464415350181.jpg
71 KB, 633x758
How to get/train Obliques
srs question
>>
I worked SS all the way to 125x5 for press. Still gaining on all other lifts but not press. Can I throw in accessory lateral flies at this point?
>>
>>37603859
yep, perfect time to
>>
What are some accessories I can add to SS?
>>
>>37603884
None until you stop linear progression
Put in the god damn work
>>
File: SimpsonsMoe.jpg (22 KB, 314x292) Image search: [Google]
SimpsonsMoe.jpg
22 KB, 314x292
>>37599557
>>
>>37603918
Just curious, I've heard of other people adding body weight stuff and curls.
>>
>>37599883
How do you "accurately" weigh yourself any time? Be consistent with the timing. I do after my morning poop and before I've eaten or drunk anything.
>>
>>37603918
Kill yourself

>>37603884
Hammer curls, dumbbell bench, lateral raises, rear delt flys, Bulgarian lunges are a few to consider
>>
>>37600235
Have faith that future you may have better self esteem and will will regret present you making such a fucking stupid decision.
>>
I want to portion out some cooked rice, how can I accurately count the calories?

Is it okay to use a ratio of the weight/nutrition info prior to cooking to the same stuff after cooking?
Ex,
1g=20 calories uncooked after cooking it grows to 2 grams therefore 2g=20 calories

Does this work for meat as well?
>>
File: 1369595693_big-l.jpg (80 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1369595693_big-l.jpg
80 KB, 480x360
>>37600354
What the f did you say?
>>
>>37604005
>dumb bell bench

I watched Scooby's video on floor pressing and how it's better for your shoulders, should I be doing floor presses over bench?

Also is there a place where I see other accessory exercises to consider/reference
>>
Oke Bros, I need some help. When I am at a party I never get the girl even though I am pretty good looking. This has mostly to do that I show no form of emotion what so ever and lack any interest into anybody.
>>
>>37604050

Doesn't matter. As long as you eat all the rice in a few days you can call it whatever you want
>>
Did 3x8 bw dips two day ago for the first time, front shoulder hurts like shit
Have OHP tomorrow, should I skip OHP? Or go through the pain?
>>
>>37604103
The question is then. How can i change this into a more likeable person.
that i seem more intrested into others
>>
>>37604111
Learn how to approach people on the street/bus first.

Watch Simplepickup, I don't care if you think it's dumb or douchey or whatever, it helps in it's own way.
>>
>>37604120
Is it actual pain or just soreness? If it's pain I think you should skip if it bothers you even after a warmup
>>
>>37604111
So what if I eat, 1/4 of the rice 1 day and 3/4 the next? How will I be able to count the calories probably per day?
>>
>>37604083
The thing about benching is the bottom of the rep is where the chest does most of the work. As you go up, triceps take on more of the load. With that in mind, for chest
Dumbbell > barbell > floor press

If you're really worried about shoulders you can do whatever you want but chest development will suffer.
>>
>>37604139
Both pain and soreness, tried doing bar only overheads a minute ago and it felt like shit.
>>
>>37604166
I've tried now a few days of floor press and I felt nothing in my chest, felt like my arms did everything. Floor press feels more dangerous to me as well, I'm not completely sold on it.

How bad can shoulders get?
>>
>>37604050
Everything gets recorded based on raw weight. The calories and protein in raw is what you're actually consuming, even though a cooked meat weighs less.
>>
>>37603079
Pls respond, I want to do pushups and pull ups but don't know if it will hurt gains because I did bench yesterday.
>>
Starter /fit/izen, and I cant do a single pushup. Anything I should do to build the needed muscles?
>>
>>37604158

You count the calories for the whole thing raw, doesn't matter how you allot it to the days so long as you eat it all.

If you say you eat 50% of it one day and you're only eating 30% of it then you're eating a bit less than you should, but the next day you eat the remaining 70% of it and eating the extra calories you missed the day before

It just all goes to shit when you start splitting meals up for others
>>
I've been thinking about adding cable rows into my routine as an accessory on the days I bench/row/squat. Are they worth doing? Do you guys like them? Right now my accessories on that day are face pulls, chins and captain's chairs. I'd probably be replacing the chins since bodyweight exercises are feeling kind of memey to me these days.
>>
>>37604305
Wait I can make up calories the next day?

What's your general procedure for going to restaurants with friends? How do you figure out what you eat?
>>
>>37604333

Replace exercises on the same plane of motion, if you're replacing a vertical pull, replace it with another vertical pull
>>
>>37604339

Of course you can dude, body doesn't work on a 24 hour clock wrt energy intake, look at weekly averages

If I'm not preparing for a show I'll just eat like a normal adult, eat what I want without being stupid and enjoy my food.

If I'm prepping I'll use a similar food on myfitnesspal and overestimate it for safety
>>
>>37604347
Good point, thanks anon.
>>
>>37593926
those are not lbs right ?
>>
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET JOOCY ABS

It seems like there are a million meme exercises and a shitload of advice out there with regards to hitting abs but I have no idea what is the best. Right now I just do hanging leg raises but they don't feel like they really do enough and my core looks pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>37604438

Progressive overload still applies

Cable crunches are nice and easy to load and progress on

The biggest mistake people make is only training them on a cut. You wouldn't only train your arms on a cut so why only train abs when dieting?
>>
>>37592644
by any means cancel the surgery. it fucking sucks
>>
>>37604466
Progressive overload has been my problem with core, yeah. It feels like most exercises for it are bodyweight and overloading on that is just increasing reps which ends up just being a huge hassle when you're doing 3x20 leg lifts or something stupid.

I'll try cable crunches though, thanks breh.
>>
>>37597999
yes. and if you can build up the weight over time, watch your body. your body will adapt but some imbalances may pop up from that missing toe.
just pay attention to that and stretch+foamroll you'll probably be just fine.
>>
>>37598048
nah dude, keep training the same way, but add some grip strength training.
seriously everyone should have a fucking strong grip, it helps with all of your exercises.
what i like to do is hang on 1 hand as long as possible, rest, then other hand, equally long hangs.
also you can take a rack if possible and put more weight on then you can deadlift and just hold it in your hands for as long as possible until you have to drop the barbell
>>
>>37603556
so what who wants to fucking run a long time except pussies in forests.
real men are strong and don't run from their problems
>>
>>37603826
side planks, side (hanging) leg raises. have fun and good luck my friend.
>>
>>37604438
by not being a fat fuck

I don't wanna be that guy, but abs ARE made in the kitchen
>>
>>37604197
stretch nigger, dont fuck up your shoulderers it's the worst thing...
>>
I finally did it! I got my gf to start consistently going to the gym!

Problem is she's 5'7, 200lbs, but based on her family, has 8/10 genetics. She also refuses to go on deficit because it's "hard," despite her wanting to lose weight.

Assuming she has a consistent daily intake, should I have her do tons of cardio to get her on calorie deficit, or have her lift and bulk until I convince her to cut?
>>
>>37604700
This is bullshit m8, obviously abs aren't visible if you're fat but the whole "the only core work you need is the starting strength routine" is a fucking meme.
>>
My girlfriend has started going to the gym. I've currently set her on SS.

Is this a good program for newb girls, or should I just get her on a BIG ASS program right away?
>>
>>37604368
This is what I like to hear.

I've been autistically managing my calories per day
>>
File: harukasan10.webm (49 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
harukasan10.webm
49 KB, 640x360
I've been bulking, got a good calorie count, but the past few days I've been more hungry than normal. should I just ignore those feelings or pig out, as long as I keep my macros?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.