[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to get /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 320x240
Ask someone that just ran around their block for the first time anything.
>>
YOU should be asking US questions, not the other way around.
>>
>>37541341
Ah thanks, it's my first time posting on this board. What should and shouldn't I do while running?
>>
>>37541332
Do you think that counting steps will have any impact on your physique? If so, why?
>>
What are your long term goals? If you're fat right now then cardio will help but long term it isn't the best. You'll also likely get injured within 3 months.
>>
>>37541355
Yes I do believe it will, let's say you eat a lot of protein and good shit for yourself, you gotta run/walk a certain amount of steps to make up for the calories you took in. I'm sorry if I'm horrible at this, but I'll try to answer as best as I can.
>>
>>37541376
I would like to be healthy, also looking good is always a goal for people. I'm not fat for my age, more average. Do you have any ideas for what else I could do besides cardio. Someone suggested to me to run with weights.
>>
>>37541351

>what you should do

leave my board and return to reddit

>what shouldnt i do

come to /fit/ and shitpost
>>
>>37541407
Getting fit is 80% diet 20% exercise. Look into HIIT training rather than long winded cardio. When you've built up some strength, look into weight lifting. Eventually when your body fat lowers enough and you start wanting to look good instead of just lean, youll want to bulk. Thats when you drop cardio.
>>
>>37541407
if you're just starting, then i'd stick to cardio for at least two months. if you do too much at once you're going to burn out and quit.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 960x960
>>37541444
Checked, and thanks
>>37541456
Thanks, that's what I've been planning.

I appreciate you all helping me, good luck to you all
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 320x140) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 320x140
>>37541427
My bad /fit/god
Good luck to you as well :^)
>>
>>37541390
I see this all the time, especially since the fitbit craze started. Technically you're right, steps = calories burned. Funny thing is, I've never seen someone who puts much stock into this thought make progress. Draw your own conclusions.

If you want to make progress, eat a 500 calorie deficit daily, and weigh yourself every morning after you pee. Plot the weights. You'll see a 1 lb /wk weightloss (average, will fluctuate). If you don't, you're lying to yourself about your food consumption. It sucks, but it is easier once you start seeing results.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.