[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mirin that bulk. How are pacific islanders that fucking big anyway?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: moana-01-800.jpg (571 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
moana-01-800.jpg
571 KB, 800x600
Mirin that bulk. How are pacific islanders that fucking big anyway?
>>
>>37539461
genetics
>>
>that shit eating grin that says "I eat my own poop"

I fucking hate that autistic looking character
>>
>>37539461
It's in the islander culture to eat a ridiculous amount.
The ones that don't lift/play rugby are obese as fuck, but coconuts that take lifting seriously are monstrous
>>
File: ubabawaha.jpg (7 KB, 113x85) Image search: [Google]
ubabawaha.jpg
7 KB, 113x85
>>
>>37539506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6PbWhWGUrY

he seems cool from the trailer
>>
>>37539491
Its actually literally genetics. Not the obesity but the generally huge frame and big height. Since they were heavily ocean dependent, bodyweight was not a massive negative as in land based hunting societies which drove small size for big cardio efficiency. In a boat, your speed and endurance are not very dependent on what you weigh, but your survivability may be dependent on your power output and strength.

So that's why. It's just evolution.
>>
>>37539611
I have heard of island gigantism as a possible explanation
>>
>>37539623
Whats that?
>>
>>37539611
i know. that's why i said it.

that's why these guys get immensely fat once they start eating mcdonalds instead of natural food, and they have CVD and diabetes at a rate that's 2 to 3 times higher than average
>>
>>37539611
>>37539661
It's cultural you mongoloids. Culture evolves as well.
>>
>>37539669
Except Tongans and Samoans are the tallest group whence controlling for that stuff. In America they average like 6'2+
>>
File: powerlifting_general.png (582 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
powerlifting_general.png
582 KB, 720x960
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQU6o4ooL5E

These dudes are swole and are real bros according to people
>>
>>37539461
Warrior society where only the biggest and strongest males reproduce.

You get a fuck load of incest though.
>>
>>37539718
I WANT TO BE POLYNESIAN WITH GOOD GENETICS AND NATURALLY JOLLY SOCIAL SKILLS
>>
>>37539669
Are you fucking retarded or just illiterate?

Of course it's fucking cultural. They were colonized and exposed to a paradigm shift, meaning calories were easier to come by. You wouldn't see a fat samoan when they were hunting-gathering.

Add that up to millennia of evolution pressure towards a calorie-conservative metabolism and you get bloated islanders.

It's not hard to understand really. And there's plenty of literature on it.
>>
>>37539588
Girl is a qt goddamn
>>
>>37539611
My personal theory:

Most of human migration is due to people fleeing stronger/fiercer/more warlike people.

In island populations, this is not possible. The confined nature forces conflict. So natural selection is highly skewed towards larger, faster and stronger individuals (b)eating their rivals and passing on their genes.

Factor in that all warfare and combat is with sticks and clubs, there's really only one body type that comes out on top - a really big guy with all fast twitch muscle.
>>
>>37539461
5'6'' and 164lb micronesian here. I'm a chamorro so what I say stands for our people and islands but we're tiny as fuck. The men and women. The men are naturally lean and the women are naturally fatter. But with age I packed on weight and built more muscle now that I'm 30 faster than I ever did when I was younger. That being said the fattest olympian ever is from Guam. 560 something lbs competing in judo.

It's mostly just the inability to eat modern foods and the huge amount of non-lean proteins that exist in the modern diet. We also have the highest rate of beetus in the world. I have to exercise to keep my body from becoming ham planet sized.

Also the rock only looks like that because he juices is half black and consumes his weight in ghb annually.
>>
>>37539461

I never get to share this with anyone so here's a fairly long report on the bones of a 17th century Chamorro known as Taotao Tagga:

http://guam.org.gu/gary.heathcote.muscle/very.remarkable.chamoru.pdf

He was buried next to huge ass stones that he possibly excavated and for the time was likely one of the strongest people on earth. It's interesting if you want to learn more about islander culture and prehistory.

Also how those massive gains were possible in the 16th century (read incredibly labor intensive repetitive tasks while eating like an islander).
>>
>>37540986
Interesting read, thanks for posting that.
>>
>>37540810
That's a shit theory considering we know that Polynesians and the like were very able seafarers.
>>
>>37540810

Chamorro guy here. So pacific island pre-history is complicated, there are so many different groups and the migration patterns don't always make sense.

The acts of inter-islander warfare happened pretty often but not nearly enough explain morphology differences in population. Polynesian war culture is fairly overblown and sensationalized, with the Maori exception. Cooperation was seen more in areas with rapid typhoons and warfare in areas that had significantly less natural disasters.

Most of the morphology differences have to do with length of time between population migration. So the bigger Polynesians are seen on islands that have most recently been settled. After that get a kind of island gigantism that shinks the population over time.

A long time at sea in the pacific necessitates that you are able to hold onto fat reserves and the ability to quickly bulk. With those reserves you can be constantly shivering and keeping up body temperature and it promotes your survival much more than warfare did.
>>
Brehs imagine if that level of sexual dimorphism occurred in humans naturally
>>
>tfw redneck trash family with no distinct cultural heritage

Would be so cool to say "Yeah my family's _______ heritage, instead I'm Canadian and a clusterfuck of a bunch of different races
>>
>>37541192
>>37541293

Yeah, I figured there was more too it than that. It was based mostly on reading about the collapse of Easter island into starvation and warfare, and obviously doesn't take into account population waves and seafaring. Or the fact that island populations tend to decrease in stature over time (across all species).

Where there any pre-polynesian populations on these islands? Where did the Polynesians come from?

>>37540986
>5'9
>average europeans were 5'6
>took a human-bone tipped spear to the face

History is awesome
>>
>>37541335
yea it sure would be great if I could use my ancestors achievements as a crutch for my failures
>>
File: 1419722668879.jpg (7 KB, 172x200) Image search: [Google]
1419722668879.jpg
7 KB, 172x200
>>37539611
>race
>exists
>>
>>37541399
>celebrating your people's culture and heritage means you're a failure as an individual

Why are there so many faggots like you?
>>
>>37541308
Ever been 2 serbia
>>
>>37541335
Nigger, if you're white, your cultural heritage is literally the entire Western world. Your people fucking built Canada and you pity yourself for not having some primitive quirk like tribal tattoos?

Quit being such a cuck.
>>
>>37539461
Why doesn't he have nipples?
>>
File: 20.jpg (623 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
20.jpg
623 KB, 1280x1280
>>37539461
They're all descended from like 50 mating pairs, so whatever those individuals had that helped them ride fucking dugout canoes across a stormy pacific ocean and wash up on some random beach are the ones that carried forward throughout their lineage.

the
>genetics
excuse for making it/not making it doesn't work in most cases but it does if you're descended from a bottleneck as fucking small as a few dozen people washing up on an island.

Also is disney pretending that a maori woman would not be built exactly the same as the guy? lol look at that slender latina who found herself in New Zealand I wonder what her backstory is and how the fuck she survived the multiple maori gang rapes and ensuing larger-than-her-pelvis pregnancy
>>
>>37539461
Perfect power lifting proportions.
>>
>>37539461
it s a fucking cartoon you mongloid. Go out
>>
>>37543345
he could deadlift and lock out six inches off the ground
>>
father was native Hawaiian, Mother was second generation German american. I've got body hair with islander skin color and a decent frame.Thanks parents
>>
>>37539638
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_gigantism
It's a scientific phenomenon where one or more otherwise small creatures in any other part of the world, develop into abnormally large ones while evolving to survive on an island.
It's speculated that the Easter Island heads were made by such a race of man that had grown huge while becoming Niche to isle and sea life.
Stonehenge also has a theory that revolves around northern ocean sailing humans who put the stones there, because of there likeness to spots in Scandinavia that are similar.

Even with the help of tools it would take lots of abnormally large men to make these task possible.

There are giant human bones also that have been found.
Just the size of their skeletons is a sight, let alone imagining the muscle mass on such a man.
>>
>>37541845
He does. They're tattooed over.
>>
>>37539791
You must understand, most polynesians share a "bulk" genetic build. But it is due to these very genetics that causes them to be morbidly obese...very easily, from very early on, and it never goes away. There are only exceptions to this rule. People like some pro rugby players and men like Dwayne Johnson. Sumos embrace it completely (and die early). However, those pro sportsmen stop playing pro sports inside of a decade and revert to being morbidly obese (though very strong) in a very short time in their 30s. And Dwayne Johnson? Have you SEEN how much he trains (and eats) to be the size he is now? At his age, too? Since highschool?

You don't want their genes. You want The Rock's dedication.
>>
>>37539638 you are on the internet retard
>>
>>37543513

>It's speculated that the Easter Island heads were made by such a race of man that had grown huge while becoming Niche to isle and sea life
>Stonehenge also has a theory that revolves around northern ocean sailing humans who put the stones there, because of there likeness to spots in Scandinavia that are similar.

Stupidest thing I've read yet today
>>
>>37543513
>Stonehenge also has a theory that revolves around northern ocean sailing humans who put the stones there, because of there likeness to spots in Scandinavia that are similar.
I'm an archaeology graduate (and the person who raised island gigantism initially ITT). Fuck off you retard, you have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>37539524
Can confirm. Uncle and cousins live in Hawaii. It's custom there during parties to eat until you're tired, nap and eat some more.
He also said that a pre employment drug test is usually three tries before it's considered a fail.
And if the high tide is in he expects almost no one to come in to work.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.