[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /fit/ I am 22 and went to my first AA meeting tonight.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Jim-Beam-7-Year[1].jpg (72 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
Jim-Beam-7-Year[1].jpg
72 KB, 290x290
Hello /fit/

I am 22 and went to my first AA meeting tonight. Whenever I drink it turns into an event. I stop going to the gym, get in trouble with my friends and parents, and nothing good EVER happens. Earlier today I drove to the bar i was at last night to get my debit card that I left there. On the way I bought a pint of vodka, sat in a neighborhood, and on the way out i hit a fucking mailbox that shattered my passenger window and put a fat crack in my windshield. I've done about $2,000 worth of damage on my car this year alone. The meeting made me feel better considering there was a guy there that ran over his daughter in his driveway while cruising for more booze.

The only reason I'm posting this is because i browse here every day and i know there are other alcoholics and this is even more anonymous than a meeting. What do you do? I've been drinking since I was 16 and the most amount of time i've ever not drank has been a month. I'm not a fedora, but the meeting was very religious and that was kind of a turn off. Alcohol is affecting my mental and physical gains. All people my age want to do is go to bars and try to get laid. I stay drunk for days And that is a whole other issue...i don't think i've ever had sex sober and i'll cum really quick holy fuck.

Please help
>>
I live with an alcoholic and work for a recruitment agency which gives work to alcoholics.

Find another hobby other than drinking I guess, literally you have acknowledged the fact that YOU have a problem. It's time for you to take the initiative and do something about it.
>>
>>37538345
Just stop drinking, how fucking hard could it be
>>
I think I first started drinking fairly heavily around 21 but started around same age as you OP. It is hard. There are times when I feel perfectly okay not drinking for a month and there are times where I can't stop thinking about it. I've cut back a ton this year but I know I could end up drinking 4 or 5 times a week again pretty easily if I let myself.

Quitting outright is probably the best solution but I know it's not what you want to hear. There are support groups without the religious bullshit out there, too.
>>
>>37538415
>I'm sheltered and don't understand the real world : the post

Not op but wow, you are an idiot

Inb4 "I have self control"
>>
>>37538415
Proper alcoholics may actually die from what you're suggesting.

People won't die from opiate withdrawals or other shitty drugs, but alcohol withdrawal can legit kill a person.

The op probably hasn't hit the summit of alcoholism yet where this would be a factor but just to let you know you should probably just belt up and not give an opinion unless it's actually useful.
>>
>>37538543
>Muh you dont understand the real world

Reality is subjective

Stop being a little bitch and quit drinking
>>
sorry to hear anon; being addicted to anything is a ton of trouble. esp. for you, starting out at a young age will entrench habits more deeply into your brain.

AA works for some people because being supported by a community makes it easier to keep from drinking (you call a sponsor when tempted, you get to talk about what detrimental effects it's had on you, etc).

you know you can never have 'just one' drink, and it's a fallacy to drink thinking 'this is my last one, and then i'm quitting'. you're going to have to find something external to keep you distracted from drinking, and some internal conviction to resist the temptation when it comes. what those things are are entirely up to you. with these, even if you mess up you will have reason to keep trying to quit, and your alcoholism will get better over time. brute forcing cold turkey only works for the naturally strong willed, and seeing as you haven't done that already you aren't like that. keep at it and good luck.
>>
>>37538589
I don't . But have friends and family who did/do. It isn't always something you can turn off. And don't justify yourself with some vague comment about reality being subjective. Wait till you start meeting people that aren't play dates from day care. You'll find more complex people with complex problems.
>>
>>37538415
Just stop wasting your time on 4chan every day
>>
>>37538543
>wah wah I'm a spoiled man child with no self control the post
Not the guy you replied too but holy shit, nobody said it will be easy but it's not like somebody ITT is gonna be able to give OP some magical advice that'll make him stop cold turkey. OP is a fag who needs to stop drinking and the only way he's gonna do that is if he gets some fucking willpower and figures his shit the fuck out.

>>37538345
>drinking is causing me problems
>I need to stop drinking
Go to your fucking AA meetings if you want help or else stop being a bitch and quit yourself.
>inb4 b-but the meetings are SO lame and the p-people don't act like I want them too
>>
>>37538654
>my father yelled at me in my t-ball games :the post
>>
>there was a guy there that ran over his daughter in his driveway while cruising for more booze

J-Jessy Pinkman?
>>
>>37538620
Touchee
>>
>>37538345
Alcoholfag here. I was on death's doorstep by the time I was your age, because of my drinking. You can choose to stop now, of your own volition, or keep going until you end up hospitalized, incarcerated, or dead. Do with that what you will. I ignored a lot of advice like this when I was in your exact situation and I'm going to pay dearly for it every single day of my life, and I'm incredibly lucky just to have that.

It's been years since then and I stay sober by doing a PPL routine so I can go to the gym six days a week and eat a lot of food. Anything to keep busy will help at first but it gets much easier.

Do yourself a favor and dry out for one day and think about your life. If you're drinking less than a fifth (750 ml) a day you probably don't even need to taper, if you're at that point (or worse) google a tapering guide, it's pretty simple. Spend that day deciding whether or not you want to live to be 23, or if you want to go back to waking up every afternoon with strange blood on your shirt and no recollection of hours of your life.
>>
>get told all their lives that drunkenness is disgusting and harmful
>first thing they do when they're old enough is become lushes

every fucking time
>>
Keep it up OP, it's the first step to truly improving yourself and being mentally fit.

Gains and work at the gym are easy compared to what you're doing, but you need to do it.
>>
File: post.jpg (1 MB, 1391x1131) Image search: [Google]
post.jpg
1 MB, 1391x1131
Ugh just stop drinking OP. I went to AA 7 days a week for months, its for a bunch of losers and degenerates, literally its church for people who are too fucking weird for church (and church is for pedophiles). It took me getting an aggravated felony DWI to straighten my act out, I wasn't going to jail, I was looking at prison. That alone scared me enough, I've got better shit to do and so do you.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.