[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weighted pull-ups/chin-ups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: how-to-do-weighted-pull-ups.jpg (14 KB, 250x371) Image search: [Google]
how-to-do-weighted-pull-ups.jpg
14 KB, 250x371
How do you break a plateu on weighted pull-ups/chin-ups /fit/? I've being stucked at 4 or 5x38lbs at 170lbs for a while now, Sometimes I can do 5 but sometimes I only manage 4 and increasing it seems pointless as my form would break, should I try to kip a little with higher weight? deload? grip change?

Also as an interesting point, have weighted pull-ups increased your endurance? I can't do more than 8 strict pull-ups in a row yet I have seen people do 10 or 12 but unable to do it my added weight, can somebody confirm this?
>>
>>37519504
>5x38lbs

Lower the weight
>>
I'm currently at 32.5KG 3x5
before this I just fucked around and ramped up to a 5RM pr
i'm kinda stuck at 32.5kg so I think i'll be going back to ramping up to one 5 rep set
>>
try to reduce the weight and aim for a 4x6-8 rep range also if youre bulking and your weight increases to fast you will make strength gains but you wont notice them since ur becoming a fat fuck
>>
>>37519524
>>37519564

Guess I forgot to say that I'm on reverse pyramid training. A work set usually looks like this:
5x38
6x30
8x10

But the first set should be higher because it's supposed that the second and third one are with 90% and 80% of the first set, meaning I should be doing my more on the first one, yet I can't. I have only managed to increase the second and third sets.
>>
>>37519504
i'm doing 40kg for 9 reps max and 5 reps in a working set, at 70kg bw, this is my routine, it helped me gain strenght as well as endurance if you're interested, so far this helped overcome some plateaus.
1) without weight, lots of reps, little sets
2) without weight, lots of sets, little reps 10 max
3) with weight very low reps, lots of sets
4) This day is optional, i do it if i have time but it's more fun than the others , its basically assistance work and some freestyle, rows, rings if you have (i don't), different variations etc.
There's a guy in youtube called littlebeastm who is a beast in weighted calisthenics, i highly recommend it.
>>
>>37520103
I can only do 3 reps on 40 kg, and I weigh 84 kg, so what you just said sounds amazing.
what are your symmetricstength scores?
>>
Upper body has been shit for my whole life. Finally started really developing back muscles the past few months by doing reverse chin ups with weight attached. Gotten myself up to 5 strict pullups without weight. I'm 185 ATM, if I can hit 9 strict pullups at my current weight symmetrical strength says my back will officially be intermediate level. That's exciting.
>>
More volume.
>>
>>37519504
deload is the best way, up the reps when you deload
>>
>>37519504
100% deload.
>>
>>37519504

Texas method
>>
>>37519504
>have weighted pull-ups increased your endurance?
The opposite, best i d8d for weighted was +70x5 and my BW chins went from like 15 reps to 10. Could be extra weight though since i put on ~20lb over that time
>>
>>37520181
i don't know symmetricstregth, just entered and i have no way of knowing some of my body parts strength, i have a routine where i do 50x10 bw squats and weighted pistols after, or handstand for shoulder, also i never went to a gym, just use a belt a old weights i have 50kg max. The results says that i'm somehow elite in pull muscles and exeptional y push muscles but don't think i'm even close to that, also it's true that i don't have any upper trap development.
>>
>>37519504
Lower weight
More volume
lat pull down machine and bicep curls.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.