[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
too much water??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: waterglass.jpg (102 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
waterglass.jpg
102 KB, 1200x798
so i work at walmart unloading the trucks and stocking the items. and, inbetween moving around to sort pallets and the high heat, i drank close to 3 liters throughout my 8 hr shift. should i worry about water intoxication at all? its been two hours since my shift ended and i feel fine, just a bit tired from working.
>>
>>37515505
no
>>
>>37515505
Drink a Gatorade or two as well. You sweat out additional nutrients your body needs that can't be replaced by water.
>souce: I'm a medic
>>
How about you learn to use google you dumb fuck.
>>
>>37515517
the only thing i notice is a very slight headache that i noticed earlier that just came back, probably from work.
>>
>>37515517
Cut the gatorade with water, it's too sweet to drink straight if you're really bustin ass.
>source: firefighter
>>
>>37515519
how about you blow it out your ass.
>>
>>37515505

Not at all. I worked in Saudi Arabia for several weeks in July where the temperature was 50C+ Every. Single. Day. I drank easily four to five liters of water a day and it was fine. Like >>37515517 says you also have to replace electrolytes which is easily done with apple juice or gatorade. I personally prefer V8 because taste and potassium, but whatever you like is good.
>>
File: dukex-large.jpg (59 KB, 490x519) Image search: [Google]
dukex-large.jpg
59 KB, 490x519
>>37515536
>>
>>37515553
the only possible symptom im noticing now is a slight//moderate headache ive been noticing the past 20 minutes or so, and a little tired.
>>
>>37515505
3 litres? If anything that isn't enough water. I personally drink a litre as soon as I wake up and drink at least 7 on a bad day
>>
>>37515505
I put away about 2-2.5 gallons of water a day, among other fluids such as an occasional bottle of gatorade or coconut water. You have nothing to worry about.
>>
>>37515570

That's just you having worked all day. A good night's rest and you'll be right as rain. Probably better.
>>
thanks for the input, one more question, would it benefit me much to drink a gaterade when i get up in the morning or by that time would my system be mostly balanced out?
>>
No, should be perfectly fine. I started wally world the other day and even though I'm nights I helped unload today and was in there throwing. I easily sucked down three full bottles in a couple of gulps when we hit slow spots. Your body will let you know what you need and when it's too much. As for gatorade it's mainly a recovery drink, you'd probably want to get one in on lunch break if you were gonna have one.
>>
>>37515884
Balanced out.
>>
>>37515505
Critical water levels are 6 ltr. 3 is a good amount throughout the day get some salt and electrolytes as well to bu your system into balance
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.