[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sternum pain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: chest pain.jpg (152 KB, 900x880) Image search: [Google]
chest pain.jpg
152 KB, 900x880
While doing weighted dips last week, I felt a "pop" and a sharp pain in the area where my sternum connects to one of my upper right ribs.

I chalked it up to a cartilage injury/inflammation and deloaded for the rest of the week. I felt no pain for the past few days, until today. I was doing slow, wide-grip pullups when BAM, it felt like someone shot me in the chest. I have a high pain tolerance but this shit's cray, nigga.

Pic related is the exact location of the pain. The guy in the picture isn't me, but it's close enough.

Any idea what it could be? I live in the US so I can't go to the doctor because I can't afford it.
>>
File: wewuzayy.jpg (27 KB, 260x264) Image search: [Google]
wewuzayy.jpg
27 KB, 260x264
>>37513213
>the guy in the picture isn't me
>>
You already know what it is. Google fractured sternum dips
>>
>>37513213
I've had costrochondritis for 7 years now.
The pain is bearable but annoying none the less.
The bad news is that it will come and go untill you can build up enough chest mass to keep it in check. Doctors can do nothing for it besides reccomend taking aleve for the discomfort.

(I live in Canada so the Doctors gave me the lowdown for free)

You'll be fine, just rest when it happens and avoid overstretching the chest.
>>
>>37513213
You broke your rib, you have to stay 2 weeks without working out.
>>
I fucked up bench pressing. Its annoying, but nothing that will ruin your life. Make sure to pop it before doing any chest exercises or else its gonna hurt.
>>
>>37513282
Wrong.
>>
>>37513294
also wrong. cmon guys stop trying to kill OPs gains
>>
>>37513311
Are you a medic?
>>
>>37513282
It's obviously not fractured, otherwise the pain wouldn't have disappeared for several days. Reading comprehension, bro.

>>37513285
That fits basically all my symptoms, except maybe(?) the initial "pop" sound. I dunno. This is probably it.

>>37513294
BUT MY GAINS!
>>
You got shot in the chest while doing dips
>>
>>37513315
Does it hurt when you breathe?
>>
Go to the doctor you idiot.

>Huh, I have considerable CHEST PAIN.
>Better ask my Belorussian penis size comparison forum for advice.
>>
>>37513340
It hurts regardless of if I'm breathing or not, but taking breaths doesn't really increase the pain.
>>
Did that doing dips twice, i think iys the connective cartilage in your chest snapping when it pulled apart like that
>>
>>37513360
It felt like my chest bent the wrong way like there was a joint in the middle and there was a jarring snap
>>
>tfw did dips for the first time
>sternum pain
apparently a lot of people have weak ligaments in that area
>>
>>37513213
It looks like you're a spooky skeleton OP
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.