[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
Last one hitting 300+

My question is: is it worth taking whey protein if all I do are bodyweight excersises and running. I do both daily and I'm increasing reps constanly. I did get a good offer on some protein and I drink around 30g after each workout but just curious if it helps at all.
>>
>>37508112
Your calves will be good looking if you take protein.
>>
I'm going to the beach tomorrow, should I do abs tonight or tomorrow morning for then to look best while I'm there?
>>
Do you wear squatting shoes with a heel for bench?
>>
>>37508156

Unless you actually have <15% bf and have abs, don't pump them up. You'll just look bloated. Pump chest and arms.
>>
I lift with dumbbells only at home as I can't afford the gym (£40 a month) and am doing db squats. I'm ok up to around 55kg or so, any more than that and my grip begins to fail me around the 5-6 rep mark (am doing sets of 8 since I'm using dumbbells)
Should I incorporate static holds at the end of my workout?
>>
>>37508112

Just fucking eat food. If you hit your protein goal, don't if not, just drink till you do

>>37508156
Drink lots of water now and dont't drink water after you wake up. Will help look a little bit more dry

>>37508182
Can help to get a better arch. If you need to have heels on the ground, a helled shoe can improve your arch. Since you are asking, you don't need to. And since you have to ask, you are at a level where it doesn't really matter.

>>37508360
Yes.
And do rows. Then after that, more rows.
>>
I'm afraid of cutting because I don't want to become skinny
how do I avoid just becoming a skeleton?
>>
>>37508614
Cut down to a bf% you're comfortable with then do a slow bulk, cut repeat. Use calipers if need be
>>
>>37508112
I've heard that we should avoid drinking water during our meals, because it dilutes gastric acid and interferes with our digestion. Is any of this true?
>>
>>37508875
Food also dilutes gastric acid. Should you not eat?

Water is a solvent. It helps with digestion.
>>
I lift 6-7days a week alternating upper and lower days am I really hurting my gains that much it's been about 4 months n I've made solid progress but want to know if I can do better so I've been considering changing it to 4 days a week of lifting as literally everyone seems to suggest that it's better for building muscle. Also I'm literally like never sore probably because I'm 19 so my body recovers quickly idk if that changes anything. Is switching to 4 days a week gonna make me see much better gains. Also should I start throwing in reloading periods?

I also enjoy lifting everyday so what can i do on rest days I don't mind running but really prefer lifting so is there other excercizing that I could do on my rest days. Or maybe a way to schedule my lifting so I'm. Or loosing gains by lifting everyday
>>
>>37508182
No, but I don't give a shit about arching to shorten my range of motion because I'm not pretending I'm doing a competition lift or trying to turn my flat bench into a decline bench.
>>
>>37508875
Sounds like bullshit to me b/c water epecially warm helps with digestion i don't know about the science really but i really doubt it has a noticeable impact if any at all
>>
File: CBT.png (844 KB, 752x828) Image search: [Google]
CBT.png
844 KB, 752x828
Been dieting and lifting for the last 10 months now. Dropped from 292 to 216, all my lifts are up but I'm still novice in that regard.

At the gym today I decided to check my body weight with the plastic caliper thing but I don't think I did it right unless I have a load of loose skin.

That said, what would you estimate my BF % to be? I'd reckon 25% but the calipers said 21, may have been closer to 22.
>>
>>37508932
You're young and a noob. It's fine. Just be sure to eat enough. And switch to an intermediate/advanced program when you stall.
>>
>>37508946
25-30% is about right.
>>
For SS, do I position the bar high or low (on delts) for squats? I couldn't find it in the sticky.
>>
If my cut ranges from -1000 to -500 is that sustainable? I'm doing ok right now. If I cut too hard the day before i'll make sure to get closer to -500 the next day but on IF and EC I dont really have the hunger to get to -500
>>
>>37508946
>>37508968
definitely in the high 20s
>>
>>37509018
a 1000 calorie deficit isn't uncommon. Yes it's sustainable.
>>
>>37508984
Low. Just below the spine of the scapula. Read the book. It answers that question and much much more.
>>
>>37508968
>>37509019
Much appreciated, chums.
>>
File: 1371066554111.jpg (46 KB, 322x383) Image search: [Google]
1371066554111.jpg
46 KB, 322x383
Is it a good idea to bulk on ramen noodles? I'm poor and it's all I have
>>
>>37509203
macros are garbage. I mean, you can fit in a pack a day, sure, but it's just salt and 400 calories with of empty carbs.
>>
>>37509203
Better than nothing. Get some protein, though. Eggs and cheap canned tuna are fine. 1.7g protein per kg of lean mass is plenty. And have a few vegetables once in a while.
>>
>>37509033
Thanks.
>>
I can only afford a shitty community rec center where you're not allowed to bench.

They have a sitting "chest press" machine instead. The motions seem to be the same as if I were benching, with the weight trying to come back towards you.

I'm doing 140 pounds 3 x 10(LSTF). How close would this be to an actual bench lift?
>>
>>37509389
I'd be surprised if you could do 1plate.
>>
>>37509402

One plate would be 135?
>>
Is there any calisthenics routine or something that doesn't require a gym for women?
>>
How do I not twat my chin with the bar when doing OHP?
>>
>>37509472
move your head back
>>
>>37509465
Yoga.
>>
Im a beginner doing a a full body workout monday wednesday and friday. What diet should I eat?
>>
File: IMG_20160609_170154.jpg (671 KB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160609_170154.jpg
671 KB, 3120x4160
So giys, I need your help

I've been lifting for a half year and I went from 60kg to 64 kg(not pure muscle).
However I would like to get gains faster. My question would be: should I buy protein powder and what kind.

I didt find any information about it in the sticky.

Pic related, is me.
>>
I've read the sticky and i'm going to do starting strength. However, I'm wondering whether it matters if i add on weighted pullups to the routine. It's my strongest lift atm since I've done them on a home pullup bar for awhile. Will it effect my progress negatively? Should I follow the routine exactly and wait until my other lifts are up to par?
>>
>>37509541
one high in protein and either low or high in calories depending on your goals.

>>37509543
if you want to make gains faster, do an actual strength program like SS and eat a lot. Protein powder won't make it faster or slower, it's just a meal. If you're bulking, you don't really need protein powder because you should be able to get in all the protein you need on a surplus diet. Powders just make it easier to hit your protein goals.

can't go wrong with on gold standard double rich chocolate.
>>
>>37509541
1.2-1.7 g protein per kg lean mass. Kcals appropriate to goal.
>>
>>37508932
when you switch to a 3, 4, or 5 day split you can do abs, chins/pullups on your off days if you feel the need to workout. i also like to do wrist and calve work if i didnt do them on my lifting days.
>>
>>37509566
there are already chins in the routine, so you can do weighted chins.
>>
>>37509566
do pull ups at the end of the workout
>>
>>37509566
the program lifts take priority. Do those first and then do the pull ups on alternating work outs. SS is open to auxiliary and accessory exercises
>>
>>37509543
1.2-1.7 g protein per kg lean mass + kcals

you probably don't need protein powder
>>
>>37509606
this "meme" is pretty much in line with what the current research supports.
>>
>>37509578
>>37509579
Thanks.
I'm thinking about paying a personal trainer for an hour. I can't really lose anything, right?
>>
>>37508875
That's why we have digestive enzymes famalam.
>>
>>37509634
don't. Most personal trainers aren't qualified to train anyone. The sticky has all you need.
>>
>>37509634

You can lose money. I'm sure a gym bro will be willing to give you tips if you ask nicely when he's resting.
>>
>>37509634
most PTs don't know shit, and if they do know anything it's usually broscience. it's very rare that you find a PT that can teach you good form on the main compounds. most can't even do it themselves.

don't hire a PT unless you've already verified that the guy knows his shit.
>>
>>37509661
>>37509670
>>37509690
Oh, okay.
So should I do SS and eat good?

Thanks for the help btw.
>>
What is the technical term for burning body fat other than ketosis? In other words, if you're not doing keto, just eating at a normal caloric deficit, what is your body actually doing?

It would SEEM like, by definition, if your body is out of calories from food, then it's also obviously out of carbs as well and thus you're still just basically going through short periods of ketosis. People keep saying "no, that's not what's happening" but they can't explain what IS happening.
>>
>>37509733

That's what works for me. Up 30 pounds since March.
>>
Recently I caught on to the trick of using pepper to make things more palatable without dredging them in salt or fat. Are there any significant health risks or benefits to eating spicy food and black or red pepper in particular on a regular basis?
>>
>>37509738
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi7uzVZVEkg
didn't bother watching it but report back if it answered your questions
>>
>>37508112
Tell me /fit/. Were you just memeing me the whole time? Is it really manly to have big glutes? I feel insecure about my glutes even even though they're toned.
>>
>>37509924

Chicks love when a pair of jeans don't droop off your ass.
>>
i'm around 88kg, 184cm and 24 years old
My diet has me eating 3000calories a day; is that good for a clean bulk? I train 4 times a week
>>
my penis curves left... what do?
>>
>>37510031

Fuck women with them laying on their right, curve smashes g-spot.

Source: 7" curved master race.
>>
>>37509971
sure

>>37510031
jerk off to the right
>>
>>37509970
No. Irl they don't. This is just internet lore. It's better when they don't notice it
>>
Is EPOC real and a substantial part of weight loss in cardio?

Is there some ratio for calorie burned during cardio and calories burned in recovery
>>
>>37510089

Well, since I got glutes, I've been groped at clubs on multiple occasions (but if I do that to a woman, it's rape). That never happened before.
>>
File: med_1428936994_00001.jpg (120 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
med_1428936994_00001.jpg
120 KB, 640x479
Venting:

Is it really worth "putting yourself out there" only to get your heart broken over and over. I don't know if i'm more emotional than others, but having had my heart broken once it's something I never want to go through again and i'm contemplating whether I'd be happier just living the rest of my life alone?

Some people say there's more fish in the tank or that it's just a numbers game, but I can't see how anyone could be willing to go through such pain. I just feel like I don't ever want to get close to another person again.
>>
>>37510219
just kill yourself now my dude.
>>
>>37508946
keep going nigga, good progress
>>
>>37509389
>>37509425
yes

your stabilizers are not getting worked with the press machine. Use dumbbells if anything else.
>>
>>37510277
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>37510219

The human race is literally doomed if we all just quit.
>>
>>37510290
autism
>>
>>37510277

Okay, thanks. I do do dumbell flies (recent addition) and have noticed I wobble.
>>
>>37510053
b-but im a virgin.. :/
>>
>>37509812
Probably not. If u stick with traditional seasonings like black pepper red pepper n Asian n Indian shit like turmeric ginger etc. these all for the most part have many health benefits with few draw backs. The whole ulcer thing from spicy food is not true, however to much spice depending on the individual can cause digestion problems such as ibs, but I doubt adding black pepper to food is enough to bring up anything like this. You should be fine don't go over board but if all ur food basically has some pepper nothing is gonna happen
>>
>>37510323
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>37510092
>Is EPOC real and a substantial part of weight loss
It is. But it's hard to quantify. Basically the higher the intensity, the more of an afterburn you can expect. Oftentimes you'll actually be able to feel that you're warmer for a long time after training.
>>
How in the fuck do you peel a hardboiled egg without standing there for 20 minutes picking at little shell pieces?

I've tried every method found through google.
>>
>>37510653

Use older eggs for starters. Fresh eggs are hard to peel. Roll the egg on the edge of a counter, crushing the shell all the way around its circumference. Get under the "skin" and it should pull the shell halves away.

Additionally, vinegar in the water helps free the shell from the membrane.
>>
>>37510308
>implying anyone on /fit/ should make more of themselves
>>
File: wut di fuk.jpg (106 KB, 655x472) Image search: [Google]
wut di fuk.jpg
106 KB, 655x472
So, since I moved town I also had to find another gym. My problem:
>THE ONLY GYM IN TOWN HAS NO PROPER SQUAT RACK

Where the fuck cand I squat and do OHP when the closest thing to a rack that the gym has to offer are the exhibits in pic related?

>A
a retarded gliding smith machine

>B
a "sort of" rack with no safeties

And all I wanted was to git stronk.
>>
>>37510839
b is a literal squat rack.
>>
For some days I've been having a constant and dull pain mostly in my lest testicle, but it also alternates with my left thigh and sometimes my knee. Nothing too intense or any lumps though.
Anyone know what it might be? I've been lifting for some months now.
>>
>>37510850
No it isn't you goddamn fucking idiot.
>>
File: pDSP1-19067046v750.jpg (87 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
pDSP1-19067046v750.jpg
87 KB, 750x750
>>37510850
so what's this then?
>>
File: 1452276520952.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1452276520952.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
deadlifts always give me soreness in the lumbar region. not in the muscles it feels like the spine.

it's not horribly painful but if i had to perform an activity that required holding my spine in a more than 90 degree bent angle such as putting together furniture or some dumb shit, it would probably aggravate it and cause bad pain.

i swear i've done everything to correct my form. i've studied ss, stronglifts, watched videos by rippetoe and thrall, recorded myself, nothing fucking works. i feel good while lifting, i feel like i look good but the next day the lumbar soreness is back and sometimes it takes a few days to go away.

is their some secret form cue i may have overlooked?

is there some secret form hint that i may have overlooked?
>>
>>37510899
i swear i didn't type the second sentence at the end...
>>
>>37510899
You might have scoliosis/lordosis/ some other deviation in your spine.

Now off to the chiropractor with you.
>>
>>37510921
i went to one a few months ago. they never said anything about it. afaik no to both.
>>
>>37510899
>is their some secret form cue i may have overlooked?
Do you know how to hip-hinge?
Do you know how to use your lats to keep your back flat?
>>
>>37510938
my back is totally flat. if you mean at lockout, my hip naturally hinges. i'm not even lifting very heavy. i want to progress but the lumbar issues stops me. i only pulled 305, then back down to 275 and i can't even pull that without soreness the following day. again i feel great, feel like i look great in form but then the next day, no.
>>
>>37510899
Do you sit "hunched over" during the evening/days after?
>>
>>37511008
i actually completely changed my lifestyle a year ago so i'm never sitting hunched over at any point. i've never had any kind of low back issue in my life until i started deadlifting.

i also should add i have long legs and probably medium torso and arms.

i've tried lowering my hips at the start and that helps but then my knees get aggravated.
>>
>>37510982
So I'll take that as a no and a no. Seriously, look those two things up and it'll improve your deadlift heaps.
>>
File: 1460207432520.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1460207432520.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>37510839
pls respond :c
>>
>>37511134
Both in option B. You'll just have to learn to leave one in the tank while squatting so you don't fail and kill yourself.
You don't need safeties while OHPing anyway.
>>
>>37511083
my back stays perfectly flat during the hip hinge movement

all my muscles are engaged, including the lats, i can see then flare out as i begin the lift

i don't see your point.
>>
>>37511164
I just didn't want to be "that guy who ohp's in the rack". Thanks famalam.
>>
>>37511195
You can also just go to wherever people deadlift in your gym and clean the weight up to OHP. I do that sometimes if the racks are taken and i don't feel like waiting.
>>
>>37511047
Maybe you should try joining the dark side (sumo)?
>>
Can someone give me the YouTube link to based julius in that Australian talk show about body acceptance. And also that German talk show with the bodybuilder talking shit about the fat feminist that claimed she was an Olympic swimmer
>>
Okay if maltodextrin is processed by your body like sugar is, couldn't I just buy like a 5lb tub of pure whey and just add 3 spoonfulls of sugar for the same effect?
>>
>>37511372
Sure?
>>
What exactly is a natty? No steroids but supplements like protein powder are natty?
Or are supplements already non-natty? What about multivitamins and similar?
>>
>>37511585
Everything but steroids is considered natty. Don't fall for the memes.

And remember that proper food choices >>> supplements. You only ever need multivitamins and fish oil if you don't eat diversely enough. Proton powders are for fags who can't eat their eggs and steak and drink their milk.
>>
84kg, 187cm skinnyfat
I find myself eating 1000-2000 calories per day cuz of excessive work(tdee 2600).
However im not working out. Cant really, for 40 more days because of work.

Will i lose the little muscle mass i have with the fat loss?
>>
>>37511308
i did for a while and i really liked it at first but after a month or two i started to feel like i wasn't getting as good of a workout.

definitely solved the low back issue with sumo but i feel so much better doing conventional that i really want to fix this lumbar issue

i also tried trap bar but it felt way too awkward for me.
>>
>>37511635
You'll lose muscle but you don't seem pretty sedentary
>>
File: mckenzieAtamaWomensGi.jpg (26 KB, 433x323) Image search: [Google]
mckenzieAtamaWomensGi.jpg
26 KB, 433x323
i've been training brazilian jiujitsu for quite some time, and now i want to step up my game by getting stronger and wreck shit at comps

i'm picking a routine which focus on core and legs excercises, which i think it will be the mos useful for me, but i'm kinda lost on how much weight should i be putting. i'm pretty strong now, but i feel i still need some guidelines in this matter

any help please?
>>
The first month of SS should be only Squat, Bench press and Deadlift?
Isn't it too little?
>>
>>37512461
I'm with him and i'm new to /fit/. That's like 20 minutes of work 3 times a week. It seems like nothing.
>>
I make and drink a lot of rhubarb juice. I am told there's poison in there, am I killing my gains?
>>
File: 1443396071484.png (264 KB, 369x524) Image search: [Google]
1443396071484.png
264 KB, 369x524
So I have a tonsil stone or stones I can't see but I know it is there. Cough all night and feel it all day. My waterpik can't get them out, I already gargle salt water every day and brush twice a day, and can't get it out with a q-tip. Anything you all can recommend?
>>
>>37512108
Everybody starts at different points, different levels of their genetic potential. You should use a typical technique for any beginning strength trainee, because just guessing is almost guaranteed to leave you doing either too little weight to improve, or too much and fucking up your form.
The fact that you're probably strong, and starting with better neurological control of your muscles is almost a detriment, since it gives you less time to focus on getting your form right.
Also, since you are grappling, even if in a less strength versus strength way than, eg, in wrestling, you shouldn't ignore arms either.

Honestly, I think Starting Strength routine with a little less legs and a little more arms would be a good place to start out.

The basic technique is that you go in, do your cardio warm up (eg, five minutes on a rowing machine) then do two sets of your exercise with the empty bar. Then you add a comfortable amount of weight (for somebody that's already an athlete, this might be 30 pounds on squat and 10 on presses, for instance), and do one more set. Keep adding weight until your form noticeably slows down (if your form actually decays, like you can't keep a straight back or wobble, you've gone too far and should stop and take off weight immediately). Do two more sets at that weight. That's your starting work set weight. You'll go through this "finding" process with each exercise. The next time you do that exercise, you'll add some weight and do warm-ups building up to that weight.

Extensive warm-ups are extremely helpful at any level of training, warming you up while also giving you the best chance to improve your form.

I recommend you do:
2x5 with the empty bar
1x5
1x3
1x2
with even jumps towards your actual working weight. This gives you lots of practice, but also isn't so much work that it actually tires you out too much before your working sets.
>>
>>37512658
As a strength training beginner, as long as you eat and sleep enough, you'll be able to add weight to your work sets, setting a new personal record, every session.
As an athlete, you'll probably start off with higher weights and go through this faster than a total physical noob. People on average spend about 6 months on SS, though they might go to 9 months if they have a lot of genetic potential, or have to stop earlier if they have less (or, like you, start off further down the road).

As for the routine, I'd say basically jump straight to the advanced novice program with some arm accessories. Something like:
A: squat, bench press, deadlift, barbell curls
B: front squat, overhead press, power clean, chin-ups

So each pair of weeks looks something like:
AxBxAxx BxAxBxx
But since you're also practicing a sport at the same time, try to make sure your most intense BJJ practice falls on x days.
If you can't manage that, try to do your strength training at the opposite end of the day from BJJ practice. Ideally practice in the morning and strength training in the evening.

Once you're past the beginner stage (try getting the Starting Strength or Practical Programming books, which both have excellent guidelines to tell when you should stop your beginner program), you'll switch to an intermediate program specifically built to improve your strengths and diminish your weaknesses in BJJ. I think it'll probably still be full body three times a week though.
>>
I stated taking the TINE guys. Broke up with my gf, then held her down and pounced that ass before she left. Stole my dad's 1968 SS Camaro and wrecked it. My dog ran away after spilling my TINE cause he knew he fucked up. Kinked out of planet fitness, school gym told me not to come back after telling about light weight to skinnyfats.... yall warned me but I had too
>life in shambles, help
>>
>>37512461
>>37512558
You'll rotate overhead press with bench press. You'll also want to swap one deadlift for power cleans, and might want to do this in less than a month. But yes, you'll only be doing three exercises a work out for about six weeks, after which you'll add pull-ups after power cleans.

As a total beginner, it's true, your nervous system limits you more than your muscular strength or condition. I'm still surprised you're finishing in less than an hour. Are you doing your warm-ups? Those are especially important for a beginner to learn correct form and gain better control over their muscles.

Once you've made all the CNS gains you'll make, you should find yourself spending closer to 90 minutes total, because you'll be testing your limits to the max. After about eight weeks, if you find yourself able to continue after less than 3-4 minutes between each set, you're either incredibly gifted condition wise, or not pushing yourself hard enough.

Whatever you do, don't just add random accessories because you feel like you can. Right now you're not testing the limits of your condition, once you are, extra work will seriously detract from your main lifts.
>>
Is there a general rule of thumb on how many reps to do for each exercise? I'm wondering if I should up the weight on something like tricep extensions for example and do 5 or 8 reps instead of 12 at a lower weight. How can I tell the amount of reps for each exercise?
>>
>>37510899
The spine is basically a long chain of joints. If you injured it at some point, even otherwise normal activities may aggravate that injury. It can take months to heal.
>>
>>37509738
Normal triglyceride breakdown is lipolysis.

Don't fall for the meme though. studies show that most of the fat loss of a ketogenic diet is just from calorie reduction, not ketosis.
>>
>>37512658
>>37512695

shit nigger, wasn't expecting such a complete answer

really appreciate it, parner
>>
Disclaimer: yes I've read the sticky

Can't lift due to a wrist injury, looking for a simple daily workout with no equipment to supplement walking. Just want to stay active, not looking to bulk up or anything.

Any ideas?
>>
>>37512921
If lifting is out of the question, I assume calisthenics involving your upper body are as well.

Therefore... Just do some cardio until you have recovered. Swimming would be best, or cycling up hills, or hill sprints (to still involve your muscles a bit)
>>
>>37512775
You want to be going for strength in the main compounds (squats, bench, DL, OHP, etc.)

Go for a higher rep scheme with your isolations/accessoires (e.g. leg press, biceps curls, triceps pulldowns)
>>
>>37512977

But how many exactly until it becomes cardio? I thought 8-12 was best for isolation but I see people saying to go up to 20 reps with things like wrist curls
>>
5"11 208lbs and obviously cutting

I am eating 1500-1700kcal a day. Doing a modified dumbbell type version of SS and have two cardio days.

Is it really feasible/necessary for me to be eating 1g/lb of protein on this big of a deficit?

Right now I am eating about 150g protein, 112 carbs, and 50 fats (1500kcal). Sometimes go over a little if I am especially hungry.

Is this too much of a deficit? I have adequate energy most days, although sometimes have to tap out on lift days at the end of a sessions because I just don't have the fuel to finish.

Plan on cutting down to at around 170 before switching anything up, but since I am already eating at a big deficit how will that effect me when I get to the 180ish range, will I need to drop my intake even more?
>>
I am currently living in a hotel (three more months).

I have a microwave, mini fridge, and plenty of restrauants around.
My "gym" here consists of two treadmills.

What are some good indoor exercises? I can buy dumbells if need be, but nothing more than that.

Also, any good meal ideas with the use of a microwave?

Since Jan. 2015 i've lost 125 pounds and still need twenty more to hit 170. Trying not to let this set me back even more.
>>
Going to head back to the gym tomorrow for the first time in almost a month and a half. My routine is a modified SS with the dips and chins added, as well as a few accessories for weaker points.

When I go tomorrow, should I go for the full routine, or should I just do the compound lifts and add the accessories back in when the DOMS have settled?
>>
>>37513048
Generally seen, 8-12 are the hypertrophy range. I don't know specifically about wrist curls, but anything above 12 reps is generally considered an endurance range.
>>
>>37513048
Wrist curls are a little bit different because people generally train those less for hypertrophy and more to have a stronger grip for the compound lifts. That's not to say you can't do that for hypertrophy, in which case you'd follow the similar kind of 8-12 rep scheme, but unless you're going full BB and need it for appearance balance, training forearms that way isn't necessary with all the gripped lifting you'll do
>>
if a pound is 3500 calories then how come 23tbspns of olive oil doesent weight a pound

im confused how the calories from olive oil converts to weight basically, how is it possible a tbsp of olive oil is 150 calories
>>
File: a woman who is muscular as fuck.jpg (120 KB, 685x1024) Image search: [Google]
a woman who is muscular as fuck.jpg
120 KB, 685x1024
Gonna repost this until I get it. I need that pic of Mark Rippetoe being controlled by the Jews.

Ben Garrison jew character, Rippetowitz, puppet strings, etc. You know the one.
>>
Any fit approved alternative to these with similar macros? I actually think they are decent but you guys say they suck. Breakfast is a struggle for me it's easiest to just grab a protein bar.
>>
>>37513195
1 lb of bodyfat has the caloric content of 3500 calories. Part of the process of manufacturing bodyfat involves converting the nutrients from food into a fatty acid form capable of storage and quick access, adding water, and placing it somewhere on the body. This is a simplified explanation, but hopefully you get the idea.

Olive oil itself is mostly pure fat, and doesn't have the water content of bodyfat. If you were to dehydrate bodyfat, it would lose a huge amount of its mass. You still lose the lb of fat, but nutritionally speaking, the deficit you've created to do so is the 3500 calories
>>
File: QST-21454-9.jpg (213 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
QST-21454-9.jpg
213 KB, 1600x1600
>>37513256
Forgot pic lol
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 801x558) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 801x558
>>37513235
Ur whalecum
>>
What's the best schedule for increasing vertical?

Squats + plyo each workout or dedicate certain days to plyo and ceratin to strength?
>>
>>37513256
>>37513266
I think there's a protein bar recipe in this. I haven't bothered to actually look, but I'm fairly certain there's one in here
http://www.imgur.com/a/5nbmA
>>
What are some good bluetooth headphones to use at the gym?
>>
>>37513271
thx brah
>>
>>37513289
It's mostly preference, honestly. If you feel you can go for it after a heavy squat day, by all means do it. However keep in mind that you should be prioritizing your squat because the strength is the more difficult aspect to build, and plyometrics reach their diminishing returns very quickly.
>>
>>37510839
>B

Nigga that's an ez curl bar holder
>>
i simply cant settle on a program and every time i try a new one it just seems odd. currently doing ppl bc alot of work. what are some based programs for mass that are not meme tier?
>>
File: greeklaugh.jpg (82 KB, 648x972) Image search: [Google]
greeklaugh.jpg
82 KB, 648x972
>>37513436
>he fell for the "ss is a meme" meme
>>
How do you tell how many ounces a ribeye steak is without a food scale?
>>
>>37513436
reg parks, starting strength, texas, stronglifts
>>
>>37513492
russian weightlifting program, california strength programs, there are tons
>>
>>37513474
how long should i do ss for then? i imagine the lack of volume will make the program easy?
>>
What's the best way to avoid cancer besides kms
>>
>>37513488
>tfw steak dealer keeps shorting me but I'm too beta to say anything
>>
Cut all processed sugar out of my diet 2 days ago.
I've been steadily losing weight (190 -> 170) until then but want to go that extra mile.
Today my whole body hurts. Muscles are sore as shit, throbbing head ache, knee that was getting better is back at max levels of irritation.
Is this just a coincidental sickness? Withdrawal or something stupid like that?
Side note, I cut my arm(very shallow cut) camping. Chances of tetanus?
>>
Will 5 days a week yield that many more gains than 4 days a week? I've been doing a full body ABABAxx then BABABxx but i want to turn it into ABAB Cardio Cardio x. Will there really be a difference?
>>
>>37510866
Anyone?
>>
>>37513859
Cancer. Go see a oncologist
>>
>>37513859
Dude you have like 700 muscles in your body, they get strained sometimes. And yes your balls have muscles >what is a hernia
>>
>tfw i just moved and i havent been to a gym in a week and have barely met my maintenance calories daily
How can I get out of this slump
>>
File: Screenshot_38.png (45 KB, 1184x515) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_38.png
45 KB, 1184x515
Should I tone it down with the squats? Like just lift the same weight for the next several weeks until the rest of my lifts go up, or is this how SS is supposed to go? I feel like I'm expending all my energy on my squats which is why my upper body is so bad.

>He fell for the SS meme
>>
>>37514055
Your lifts are better than mine, but when I started SS I just ditched the program that Rippetoe had set up my own. I wanted big shoulders/back, so I do OHP first every workout, lat pulldowns third every workout, and instead the squats are in rotation.

It's also easier on me 'cause the squat rack isn't free every workout.
>>
>>37514124
Well I'm thinking of moving to Greyskull LP so I don't have to deal with the squat fatigue.
>>
>>37508112
If I'm sitting at a constant weight then surely I can assume that I'm meeting my caloric requirements right? Therefore if I start doing weights I can just slap an extra 500 calories or so above what I'm currently taking in?
>>
File: 101.png (209 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
101.png
209 KB, 640x360
The reason 4chan was glitchy was because of a DDoS attack from Russia (probably due to SVB not liking what Russians were saying in /pol/.

Hiroshima has banned Russia, so if there were Russiabro lifters on /fit/, you won't be seeing them soon.
>>
File: minotaur3.5e.jpg (93 KB, 400x611) Image search: [Google]
minotaur3.5e.jpg
93 KB, 400x611
Question. Is there such a thing as too much weight training? If I wanted to spend an hour during curls, would it be a waste of time?
>>
>>37514271
in short, yes. there's a certain amount of muscle strain needed to stimulate growth, and going way beyond that is just racking up extra damage that has to be repaired. hard to put exact numbers on any of it, but unless you're Dick Piano himself an hour of curls is a waste of time
>>
>>37514285
How much is too much?
>>
>>37514257
You actually wrong cuz Im writing this right now.
>>
>>37514293
like i said, hard to put a number on it and that number certainly wouldn't be referring to 'minutes trained'. do some googling on progressive tension overload
>>
>>37508112
Follow those steps and everything should be fine

>https://youtu.be/oICHvlqApBc?t=3
>>
>>37512840

I've done it both ways. They DO both work, although I would say keto was easier to stick to. I didn't even need to track calories and was never tempted to cheat. I'm currently cutting with just regular calorie counting, and while it IS working just as well in terms of pounds lost, it's definitely testing my willpower a lot more.
>>
>>37514298

He fixed Russia faster than expected.
>>
Wasn't answered in the cut thread, so here goes:

>fatty on a cut
>weigh myself weekly
>didn't get to go to the gym at all last week due to car trouble
>scale says I'm down over 2 pounds from last week

Did I just lose all of my gains? I wasn't lifting a huge amount.
>>
how many gains will i retain if i do nofap
>>
>>37508112

How do I figure out if I have PCOS? I've been putting on a lot of weight lately and am always tired. Good thinks it could be PCOS. I know my test results are fine and are normal for a guy my age so it's either my thyroid of PCOS.
>>
Where do you feel the "burn" when you perform deadlifts?
Should it be around the middle of your lower back?
>>
>>37515427

I don't really feel a burn as much as I feel every muscle squeezing. Almost like I'm flexing everything as hard as I can.
>>
>>37512800
yeah i've never injured my spine
>>
>>37515418
>guy my age
>guy
>guy with PCOS
>a male with polycystic ovarian syndrome

I'd say your odds of having PCOS are slim, there, Bruce. Why don't you ask a doctor?
>>
decided to try 16:8 intermittent fasting, i don't quite understand how to count the 8 period.
should my last meal be by the last hour or am i supposed to take the digesting time into it?
like if my first meal was at 12, last one should be at 8 or 3-5pm
>>
>>37515663
Don't overcomplicate things. It simply means that no food enters you mouth during the 16 hour period. That's it. Anything else is up to you.

>>37515427
Most people don't perform conventional deadlifts for higher reps. But if you do, you should MAINLY feel it in your ass and hamstrings. If you go balls out, you may also feel it in your quads, forearms, traps, erectors, lats, almost all muscles in the body really.
If somebody is mainly feeling it in his low back, he is doing it WRONG.

>>37514494
>Did I just lose all of my gains?
Naa. That takes longer. That said, if you're only just starting to try to build the habit of going to the gym, you should acccept no excuses; borrow a car, take the bus, bike, fucking walk if you have to. Get to the gym.
>>
Is 22 years old too old to take up rugby with no prior experience and become elite at it? Everyone's been telling me to take it up since I was a kid, but only recently I actually got interested in it

I'm 6'5" and 129kg, my lifts are
257.5kg squat
180kg paused bench
312.5kg deadlift
100kg 6x2 OHP
And I admit I'm only average in terms of explosiveness

Is there hope of getting very far at this age or should I just stick to lifting?
>>
>>37515998
I don't know much about rugby, but I do know that specializing too early in a sport actually kills long-term potential. It's a fact that young people often don't know about or tend to ignore. Whenever you see these teen wonders there's actually a pretty good chance that they'll never amount to anything in their sport when they get older (relatively speaking) and that other more patient people are going to be outperforming them.
But like I said, don't know much about rugby. You definitely have some size and strength going for you. As far as weight training goes, your priority at this point should probably be to work on developing power and incorporating sports specific exercises that lets you transfer your incredible strength to the playing field.

I say go for it. See what happens.
>>
>>37516089
Thanks senpai, it's gonna be a huge change in training, but I hope I enjoy it
>>
should I use creatine on a cut?
>>
>>37515998

You're pretty much done already if you want to be elite. You can definitely pick it up and enjoy it but its very unlikely you can pick up the skills fast enough to have a serious career in it.
>>
File: Beerkillsgains.png (277 KB, 539x793) Image search: [Google]
Beerkillsgains.png
277 KB, 539x793
>>
>>37515998
If you want more explosiveness, do more explosive stuff.
Cleans, jerks, plyo squats, vert and box jumps etc etc etc.
>>
>>37516126
Well, fuck.
I guess I'll still try it out and see how I go

>>37516135
Of course, but explosiveness is mostly genetic, I mean I can train it and improve, but there will be people who rek me in that department without training at all
>>
>>37516128
Fuck off bitch
>>
how much pump is too much pump.

i do back workout combined with biceps/triceps and sometimes after heavy rows my arms are getting so pumped up, that i feel uncomfortable doing biceps curls just because it feels like my arms are going to explode. it doesnt hurt but the pressure is immense.

should i just push through or wait till the pump fades a bit
>>
>>37516128
Away ye, foul strumpet
>>
>>37516196
If it's so much that it fucks with your performance on subsequent sets, take a little longer rest.
By the way, if you're getting a massive bicep pump from rows, you're doing them completely wrong.

Not everybody finds it easy to learn how to actually use their back muscles when they pull. It's common for people to have their arms take over.
Below are some tips on how to eliminate the elbow flexors (biceps among others) from the movement when you do pulling exercises. Note however that doing so may not always be the best option. But I recommend trying it out for a while until you've built a better mind-muscle connection with your back muscles.

1. Use a thumbless grip.

2. Avoid creating an angle that is steeper than 90 degrees between your forearm and upper arm as you pull. For example, if you're doing a one-arm DB row and your elbow moves back towards your hips as you pull the weight up, you must also move the weight backwards so it remains directly under your elbow and your forearm hangs straight down. Another way to think of it, is to try to move the weight as far as you can while bending your arm as little as you can.

3. Realize that the muscles of your back only attach to your upper arm and have NO connection whatsoever to your forearm, hand or the weight. Because of this, it helps to focus on the movement that your upper arm makes and try to completely ignore the fact that you're even holding a weight. In other words, focus on moving your ELBOWS for A to B, rather than moving your hands or the weight from A to B.

4. Pause. Doing a pause in the top position of each rep, especially on rows, usually results in a good contraction in the back. Doing so means you'll have to use a lot less weight but that's a good thing anyway while you're learning.
>>
>>37516235
damn thanks for the answer man, ill try implementing your ideas when i do rows next time

never really thought that my arms may be doing some work during the exercice. i always though the pump was resulting from holding the bar alone
>>
Any big difference between trap/hex bar deadlifts vs normal barbell deadlifts?
>>
Anyone have a good printable stretching sheet ?
>>
is starting strength worth buying?
>>
>>37516528
Trapbar deadlifts can actually be done in many different ways. They offer a lot of freedom because the handles are to the sides.
But trapbar deadlifts like most people do them usually end up being some kind of hybrid between a regular deadlift and a squat.
They're both good exercises, they both involve a ton of muscle. Trapbar version can usually be done by people who lack the hip mobility to do conventional deadlifts.
>>
>>37516564
Yes but you can easily find it online if you don't like paying for things.
>>
New:

I do fuckloads of cardio on Thursdays and Saturdays. (At least 1000 calories worth of cardio) I know cardio messes with my gains...

So, on which days should I make my routines the most intense and muscle-building??? (for chest, legs, back, shoulders)

i.e. on what day would you lift heaviest if you do fuckloads of cardio on Thurday and Saturday.
(and a bunch on Monday too, if that helps)
>>
>>37516589
Are you training for a marathon? Or a specific sport? If so then I would try to maintain my lifts if intermediate until the off season and then go heavy.

If however you just like doing cardio then what I would do is get rid of this low intensity jogging bullshit and replace it with 10-15 minutes or bit more high intensity cardio.

LISS is literally a gains goblin in terms of muscles and slowing of your metabolism. HIIT all the way.
>>
>>37513436
>toilet seat up

this upsets me
>>
>>37509018
Dont listen to the faggots saying -1000 is okay, if you go below 500 you risk loosing much more muscle mass than youd like to loose. For natty lifters slow and steady is the only good method.
>>
>>37508112
What are the top 4 vegetables to eat daily for max Micros?I'm currently eating broccoli, spinach/kale, carrots, and green peppers. What would you change or replace?
>>
I have read that dairy products are causing water retention, will it have negative impact on my health? Because thats how i get most of my proteins
>>
I'm preparing for being dragged into the military in 2 months, I can't do more than 5 pushups, not a single pull up and run 4K max.

How's this for a workout (once every other day)?
>Scooby's beginner pushup routine
>rest
>Scooby's beginner pullup routine
and on my rest days for that workout I go running
>>
>>37516929

>Green peppers

Remove that shit.
>>
Guys is this an alright plan in terms of preserving muscle? I'm 18% bodyfat. On a 750kcal diet and plan to run this up until reaching 14-15%. Safe? Unsafe? Can I take my 750kcal beyond these figures up to, say, 12% bf?
>>
>>37516929
X1 bag (340g) of mixed veg daily.
>>
Do I need any special supplements to reach low bf like 10%? Or are they just their to help you. I see things like EC stack and yohimb whatever being mentioned. Just curious
>>
>>37516967
You have two months and thats all you can do fuck off you wont make it as a marine
>>
>>37516976
Replace with what? Onions? Mushrooms?
>>
>>37516967
How did you even get in if you can't actually do any of this? I got condition tested before they'd even let me sign a paper contract. This smells of rusemanship.
>>
>>37516962
Even if it does cause water retention, which is probably individual, that's not a problem health-wise.

>>37516967
Your biggest concern should be not to go from sedentary to running 3-4 times a week right off the bat. That's a surefire way to going to have to deal with shin splits and shit. Ease into it.

>>37516997
It's going to come down to your training, I think. It can be done.

>>37517025
They're not needed. They can be helpful, but the effect is neglible and unlikely to make much of an impact if your diet isn't on point.
>>
>>37516997
750 kcal total a day? At this point you're losing muscle mass in addition to body fat.

The fuck are you trying to do here?
>>
>>37517057
I meant deficit lel. 750cal deficit
>>
>>37517044
Ok. I'm following a program, getting enough protons, I guess I'll be alright on my deficit :)
>>
Is it safe to lift when your muscles/joints are still aching from before? I'm a 110lbs 5'7" skellington who started lifting seriously on Stronglifts 5x5 this week. I want to lift today, but my arm/leg muscles still ache from Thursday. Should I work through it, or rest until Monday?
>>
>>37517029
>>37517039
It's actually a mandatory national service, 1 year for men with a highschool diploma and 2 years for those without. It's supposed to be designed for the average Joe to barely finish (divisions are setup for different athletic ability) but we do get a number of cadets dying in training and I'm not looking to joining those ranks
>>37517044
Thanks m8 I'll start off light with the running and see where I can bring it up to.
>>
>>37517168

usually it's safe and the ache goes away with a good warm-up

but if you feel like shit during your sets it means you haven't recovered and you should go home
>>
>>37517196
Thanks, can you give me an idea of a good way to warm up? I exercise at home, so I don't have access to any specialist equipment other than a few hand weights.
>>
>>37517202

The general rule of warm up is that you do the same lifts but only with smaller weights. Of course before that you should get the blood flowing, maybe with jumping jacks or whatever, swinging your arms around, doing bodyweight squats etc.
>>
So, I'd like to start going on big walks every once in a while, preferably trough nature, but there are no big obvious destinations to start with and I don't know how well I could handle it, so I was thinking of starting in a smaller scale and walking 80 km (~50 miles) trough a semi-urban setting just to see how well I do.

I have walked 45km in a regular day before, by chance, it wasn't planned, or anything and it wasn't a big toll on me.

I have no camping experience and if it's plausible I'd prefer to do the whole thing in a day so that I wouldn't have to worry about finding a place to spend the night or learning about camping practices.

I was planning on doing this in the second week of July, leaving at 6am which would hopefully mean I'd arrive to my destination at about midnight (4.44km/hr or ~2.76 miles/hr)

I am planning on taking three 1.5l water bottles,I'd probably take more but I'm worried about the weight, some sandwiches / meat pies/ some raw carrots, apples, and maybe some bars filled carbs just in case.

Is this too optimistic for a first time?
Should I go for a shorter distance?
>>
BF% estimate? 6'1" 195 down from 285
>>
File: tumblr_mj50p6ojrl1rirf59o1_500.jpg (271 KB, 500x681) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mj50p6ojrl1rirf59o1_500.jpg
271 KB, 500x681
Is it just in my genetics (>muh genetics yeah I know) to never have thin thighs?

I'm 5'5, 106 lbs and I still have thunder thighs despite cutting for 3 months. I am still losing 0.5-1 lb per week but I don't know where the fuck it's coming off of because my thighs are still 21 inches around.

I don't want stick thin thighs, just like pic related. I have a proper routine, I squat (which has made them better) etc, I do cardio, and track everything I eat. So weight is falling off, but never off my legs.

What the fuck do I do? How long does stubborn fat stay on my fucking body till it gives up and goes away? I just want lean legz :(
>>
File: PicsArt_06-11-09.26.55.jpg (385 KB, 2643x1982) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_06-11-09.26.55.jpg
385 KB, 2643x1982
>>37517513
Pic
>>
What do you guys think of my routine. Was previously on coolcicadas PPLxPPL routine but wanted more shoulder emphasis without sacrificing more work on my push days.

ABCxABC

Workout A
Bench Press 3x5
Incline Bench Press 3x5 (alternated bi-weekly with decline bench press)
Pullovers 3x10
Machine Flys 3x10
BB Curls 3x10
DB Curls 3x10
Hammer Curls 3x10

Workout B
Barbell Rows 3x5
Diddlylifts 3x5
T-Bar Rows 3x10
Straight Arms Lat Pulldowns 3x10
Pull-Ups 3x10
DB Extensions 4x10
Push-downs 3x10

Workout C
OHP 3x5
Squats 3x5
Arnold Press 3x10
Machine OHP 3x8
Lat Raise 3xx12
Reverse Flys 3x10
Leg Curls 3x8
Leg Press 3x10
Leg Extensions 3x10
Calves
>>
Ok, here goes:
How to replenish muscle glycogen after workout? I read that fruit is not good for this (which sucks cause bananas rule), but I would feel completely disgusted if I had to, like, eat a spoon of sugar or sth -.-
>>
>>37517582
Just get a pack of m&ms but if you're not a strength athlete trying to peak your post workout meal is more than enough. You're overthinking this but you aren't a level where you need to be, or you'd know what to do. Anyway, m&ms are the poor man's glyco friend.
>>
>>37517582
No fruit, that's better before your workout.

Try oats, or pasta.
>>
>>37517617
Aka your post workout meal...

Swear to god fit
>>
>>37517633
It's implied.
>>
>>37517615
Oh okay, I thought that waiting like an hour to eat after working out (I got a 45min drive) is not great. Thank you!
>>
>>37517642
Hopefully. I've seen guys keep candy in their bags and down it right after their last set. I'm pretty sure he browsed fit.
>>
>>37517663
Yeah not a problem, I just don't want everyday guys downing sugar right after the gym because they read an article on t nation. It makes you feel gross and doesn't make a huge difference if you're not benching 500+ or a professional athlete on two-a-days
>>
Can I get natty through bodyweight?
>>
File: yDxKgDv.png (92 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
yDxKgDv.png
92 KB, 320x240
My left forearm feels a bit sore (don't think dom sore though), should I take today/sunday off to avoid any injuries and just continue monday? Or go to the gym as usual.
>>
Need some help regarding underwear, I've bought some oldschool boxers because boxer briefs dont let my junk to freely move and compress it
they fit nicely in waist, legs and junk but when I sit it smashes my junk
would moving a size up help? I guess it's from my large quads when I sit but Idont know if moving to L size will fix this
>>
>>37517734
Go to gym, don't do anything that irritates it.
>>
>>37517663
I was listening to a podcast with a this guy who said that waiting an hour or more after working out to eat is more beneficial for muscle & strength gains, while eating immediately is beneficial for energy levels if you work out the next day.

It was Mark Sisson who said it, but I'm pretty sure he stated research findings too, which I can't find but I'll keep searching. It was on a JRE episode, he said some pretty interesting stuff if you're interested.
>>
>>37517524
28%
>>
>>37517520
>losing weight
>getting stronger legs
theres a reason your legs aren't shrinking. Just keep doing squats and they will look better.
>>
>>37516976
why?
>>
>>37517802

I'll check out the episode, thanks!
Not really into the whole paleo-ish vibe of Sisson, though
>>
>>37517802
Here's the guy's post on it, he includes a bunch of studies.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/post-workout-fasting/#axzz4BHSNIqqx

Excerpt:

>after a workout is prime opportunity for protein synthesis. For that reason I usually do a high protein snack in the first 30-60 minutes to capitalize on that benefit. (Carbs, as you recall, aren’t necessary for the enhanced synthesis, and I don’t recommend them in any form after a workout that’s under an hour’s time.) However, I also occasionally choose to fast after a workout to maximize another physiological benefit – the rise in human growth hormone (HGH), which critically influences everything from bone density to muscle mass and organ reserve to general cell reproduction in the body’s systems.

>As I’ve mentioned before in relation to intermittent fasting (IF), fasting is known to significantly increase HGH secretion. Research has also consistently confirmed that intense exercise, particularly resistance training, also triggers a rise in HGH. While I can (and do) take advantage of each individual method, combining the two opportunities can maximize my body’s HGH release.

>Furthermore, insulin suppresses HGH. Skipping the carb snack and subsequent insulin upsurge goes a long way post-workout. But skipping anything that might even mildly raise insulin levels (that heightened sensitivity in the muscles, you know!) can be better yet.
>>
File: eewrewer.jpg (93 KB, 539x960) Image search: [Google]
eewrewer.jpg
93 KB, 539x960
>>37517818
can you also give an estimate on mine?
not the best pic but I hope it's enough

177cm / 74kg
lifts all past intermediate(if it matters)
>>
>>37517836
>Not really into the whole paleo-ish vibe of Sisson, though

Yeah I'm not into that too, but he didn't only talk about paleo. It was a really fascinating episode in general
>>
>>37517825
Despite cutting my lifts are getting better, and I want to get even better so I'll have to stop cutting soon. BMI already thinks I'm underweight, but I definitely do not look it in my legs at least. I want to get thin legs before I start maintaining/light surplus.

I do keep squatting but although I am building muscle which def makes them look better, the fat isn't budging much. It's horrible I'm tired of looking like a pudge.
>>
>>37510219
You will lift harder and forget all about it. Your girlfriend is weights, your crush is weights, your only friends is weights, the only one that cares about you is weights. Now go to the gym and fucking lift bro
>>
>>37517818
Fit has weird estimations
>>
I'm looking for a recipe that was posted on /fit/ few days ago. It were breakfast bars made from oats, peanut butter, honey and coconut milk or something like that. It was a picture. Does anyone have it?
>>
File: Aryan.jpg (39 KB, 867x433) Image search: [Google]
Aryan.jpg
39 KB, 867x433
How to get the quintessential otter mode abs? is it really just about dropping body fat or are there some an workouts that help then pop out? Or is it usually just some dehydration thing and angles?
>>
Ive recently started doing plyometrics (2x/week) and running (3x/week). How do i adjust my calories to minimize muscle lose? 6'2, 192lbs
>>
>>37518065
Look up 4 minute abs on t-nation dot com, do that five days a week. Really focus on stability and contraction.
>>
Get your gram per lb of bw no matter what. The body constantly cycles 250-300g of protein a day all over the body from muscle to muscle. Extra protein keeps you anabolic and will add 15lbs of pure muscle to a non-lifter over 1 year. I got buddies that work trades but look bigger and leaner than lifters because all they eat is meat. most of the time.
>>
>>37518091
Just add a little more protein and maintain strength.
>>
Can someone explain the purpose of cheat days? Ive read it boosts the metabolism and prevents the body from getting used to the same caloric intake, but is it only meant for someone whos cutting? I have approximately 2800-3000 calories a day, so would a cheat day be needed/helpful?
>>
>>37518219
Refeed day. A structured carb up. Eat at or a bit above maintenance, bring fats down to a minimum, protein moderate, and fill in all the rest with carbs that aren't fructose.

Boosts leptin, can help with metabolic slowdown, and is good for the mind after long dieting.

Only needed if cutting.
>>
>>37518236
So someone bulking doesn't need to eat more than 500 above maintenance?
>>
>>37508112
I'm tempted to try pineapple flavoured whey, worth it or should I go with mint choc instead?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.