[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how much can you fags lift on the standing calf machine? Also
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: calf.jpg (622 KB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
calf.jpg
622 KB, 3024x3024
So how much can you fags lift on the standing calf machine? Also calf workout general.
>>
>>37498998
A lot, but the shoulder pads were pressing on the seams of my t-shirt and popping a straight line of blood vessels in my shoulders.

I just grab heavy dumbbells and do calf raises that way. Better for grip strength and stability anyway.
>>
File: calfcalf.jpg (580 KB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
calfcalf.jpg
580 KB, 3024x3024
I've heard that calves should always be trained low weight high rep as opposed to high weight low rep is that true?

>>37499022
Wtf did that pose actual health risk or was it just gross looking?
>>
File: 20160609_174016.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160609_174016.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>37498998
The whole stack
>>
>>37499096

Thumb nail looks like and anteater dick
>>
>>37499072
It just looked bad, would usually go away in a few days. I'd rather change my lift than find new shirts.
>>
>>37498998
300 pounds

I know it seems impressive but no one really gives a shit about calves
>>
>>37499022
do you stand on something to do calf raises? or just off the ground
>>
There's a weird calf raise machine at my gym. Goes from 50-280 or something. I can set it to 280 and do a few reps. But it doesn't seem to matter whether I do 100lbs or 200lbs, I can knock out reps like crazy, and tire around 12-15. For 25+ reps I have to do like 75lbs or less. The mechanics of the machine must take the weight somehow
>>
The whole stack of 500 pounds for 10 reps.
I usually stick to 400 for 15 reps with better form and greater rom though.
Doesn't really matter, I got my massive calves from being and ex-obese anyways.
>>
>>37499022
I have the same issue with anything that has shoulder pads. Just nasty red lines anywhere the pads rested on.
>>
>>37498998
the one at my gym isn't normal you add free weight pl8s to pegs

I did 610 for 4x10 for the lolz
>>
Any time I work out my calves, that night I get a massive cramp in my left calf that makes me wake up screaming in pain. I warm up, I stretch afterwards, I get plenty of potassium and water. I just don't work out calves anymore. A couple times the muscles spasmed so hard they actually tore and I was limping for a few days after.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.