[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A lot of things I read say to only workout a muscle group once
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1463428001703.jpg (114 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1463428001703.jpg
114 KB, 1080x1080
A lot of things I read say to only workout a muscle group once in a week or else you're just going to do damage and not going to gain mass, but at the same time say to do compound exercises. How the fuck am I supposed to do compound exercises and only hit each specific muscle once in a week? The more I learn about lifting the more confusing it gets.
>>
>>37498836
>only workout a muscle group once in a week

that's wrong
>>
Nah. General guideline is to leave one rest day between hitting the same bodypart. That means take a day off between workouts if you're doing compounds, or plan a split so one bodypart is resting on a day another part is getting hit.
>>
>>37499080
So let's say I did a workout that made my chest sore as fuck. It's okay to break it down further in the same week?
>>
>>37499166
Okay this makes sense. Although a most of the time I'm more sore 2 days after a workout than I am the day after
>>
just do all body workouts 3 days a week with a day in between each one. Then throw in a couple ab days
>>
In case people were interested
https://www.instagram.com/xnrg.fit/
>>
>>37499197
after a few weeks that won't happen anymore
>>
>>37500010
https://www.instagram.com/p/-M0i9sseHI/?taken-by=xnrg.fit

godammit
>>
>>37498836
48 hours of rest after hitting a muscle. You can hit the same muscle up to every other day, although that might be beyond a natty, realistically. Good rule of thumb though.
>>
>>37500031
Ive been lifting for 4 years and my chest and triceps still gets sore after chest n tris day..... i trained them on monday and its thursday night already... i guess ive ascended so now i only have to do chest once a week
>>
All I know is I couldn't get my legs to grow for years then i started squating 5 times a week and my quads exploded
>>
>>37503429
How big are you that you have ascended to pleb level
>>
>>37499166
And even then, it's better to hit the same muscle twice in a row once in a while than skip the workout.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.